• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner

Recommended Posts

My final prediction is EC 24  Lowell 14. 

 

Here is why, After watching film on both teams and checking out stats and opponents,  I believe that this will be the best offensive line that Lowells defense has gone up against this year.  ECs Oline will control the line of scrimmage for the most part. Lowell will makes some plays on defense due to youth. ECs O line I was surprised to see have no seniors. EC will score early because its tricky to figure out ECs midsection run game. Lowell will adjust and manage to keep EC in check until the second half. EC will then get back to controlling the game with ball control and keeping Lowells offense off the field. 

Lowells offense vs ECs defense.  Lowell will try to be much more balanced at the beginning.  EC will keep Lowells run game in check for most of the game. I see #6 getting the ball in crucial 3rd downs and I see him converting some of them.  EC will keep a hat on #6 which will make him less effective.  #6 will make some plays. I see Lowells going away from the run and become pass happy in the second half and completing some big throws but not enough.

At the end of the day EC wins because they control the line of scrimmage and keep Lowells offense off the field. 

Edited by railsplitters
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

My final prediction is EC 24  Lowell 14. 

 

Here is why, After watching film on both teams and checking out stats and opponents,  I believe that this will be the best offensive line that Lowells defense has gone up against this year.  ECs Oline will control the line of scrimmage for the most part. Lowell will makes some plays on defense due to youth. ECs O line I was surprised to see have no seniors. EC will score early because its tricky to figure out ECs midsection run game. Lowell will adjust and manage to keep EC in check until the second half. EC will then get back to controlling the game with ball control and keeping Lowells offense off the field. 

Lowells offense vs ECs defense.  Lowell will try to be much more balanced at the beginning.  EC will keep Lowells run game in check for most of the game. I see #6 getting the ball in crucial 3rd downs and I see him converting some of them.  EC will keep a hat on #6 which will make him less effective.  #6 will make some plays. I see Lowells going away from the run and become pass happy in the second half and completing some big throws but not enough.

At the end of the day EC wins because they control the line of scrimmage and keep Lowells offense off the field. 

Almost seems a shame to play the game after that analysis.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

Almost seems a shame to play the game after that analysis.

He's an EC fan. The only way to actually find out is Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

Almost seems a shame to play the game after that analysis.

I'm just wondering what a "midsection run game" consists of?  Not High, not low, hit-em in the midsection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sagarin predicts East Central by one. Calpreps predict Lowell by two. 

Go East Central.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

My final prediction is EC 24  Lowell 14. 

 

Here is why, After watching film on both teams and checking out stats and opponents,  I believe that this will be the best offensive line that Lowells defense has gone up against this year.  ECs Oline will control the line of scrimmage for the most part. Lowell will makes some plays on defense due to youth. ECs O line I was surprised to see have no seniors. EC will score early because its tricky to figure out ECs midsection run game. Lowell will adjust and mange to keep EC in check until the second half. EC will then get back to controlling the game with ball control and keeping Lowells offense off the field. 

Lowells offense vs ECs defense.  Lowell will try to be much more balanced at the beginning.  EC will keep Lowells run game in check for most of the game. I see #6 getting the ball in crucial 3rd downs and I see him converting some of them.  EC will keep a hat on #6 which will make him less effective.  #6 will make some plays. I see Lowells going away from the run and become pass happy in the second half and completing some big throws but not enough.

At the end of the day EC wins because they control the line of scrimmage and keep Lowells offense off the field. 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

Almost seems a shame to play the game after that analysis.

Lowell's defense has dominated the thread up until today when the East Central offensive line seems to have taken control. Hope the game is as entertaining as the discussion has been.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, you cracked me up with that one.

5 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

Lowell's defense has dominated the thread up until today when the East Central offensive line seems to have taken control. Hope the game is as entertaining as the discussion has been.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that would've made that analysis better would have been if railsplitters had spoken in 3rd person.  

Not only has Lowell D and EC OL dominated the thread thus far, but don't forget about the superb food options in and around both locations, and commute time to and from the big city from the suburbs of Lowell and St. Leon.

All joking aside, I see this game being the most competitive game of the 6 being played this weekend.  Wish I could make the trip this year, and still might!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I must be in the wrong thread. Signing off till saturday. 

Good luck Lowell and EC.  May the best team win. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

 

 

2 hours ago, railsplitters said:

My final prediction is EC 24  Lowell 14. 

 

Here is why, After watching film on both teams and checking out stats and opponents,  I believe that this will be the best offensive line that Lowells defense has gone up against this year.  ECs Oline will control the line of scrimmage for the most part. Lowell will makes some plays on defense due to youth. ECs O line I was surprised to see have no seniors. EC will score early because its tricky to figure out ECs midsection run game. Lowell will adjust and manage to keep EC in check until the second half. EC will then get back to controlling the game with ball control and keeping Lowells offense off the field. 

Lowells offense vs ECs defense.  Lowell will try to be much more balanced at the beginning.  EC will keep Lowells run game in check for most of the game. I see #6 getting the ball in crucial 3rd downs and I see him converting some of them.  EC will keep a hat on #6 which will make him less effective.  #6 will make some plays. I see Lowells going away from the run and become pass happy in the second half and completing some big throws but not enough.

At the end of the day EC wins because they control the line of scrimmage and keep Lowells offense off the field. 

 

Curious as to why you feel this is the best offensive line Lowell will have faced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rdpfootball said:

Lowell - 29 East Central - 16

We’ll score more, but with all due respect to EC, I don’t know if they’ll get 16.

1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:

The only thing that would've made that analysis better would have been if railsplitters had spoken in 3rd person.  

Not only has Lowell D and EC OL dominated the thread thus far, but don't forget about the superb food options in and around both locations, and commute time to and from the big city from the suburbs of Lowell and St. Leon.

All joking aside, I see this game being the most competitive game of the 6 being played this weekend.  Wish I could make the trip this year, and still might!

Come on down to the Luke, I’ll be there!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rocket3117 said:

Curious as to why you feel this is the best offensive line Lowell will have faced?

Especially if they have “no seniors” on the line. According to their coach no OLine player is getting recruited and if they are all juniors it is going to be a long night for EC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Why if they are all juniors will it be a long night? I’ve seen plenty of juniors whip seniors asses on the line. 

BD OLine was young but some of them are getting recruited. One player even D1 prospect. And Lowell controlled the line of scrimmage. If EC is young and not being recruited big advantage Lowell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked East Central in all of the Pick 'em threads I participate in, but I don't make predictions. I'm averaging about 70% correct in the 3 threads I pick in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, futbolfan said:

BD OLine was young but some of them are getting recruited. One player even D1 prospect. And Lowell controlled the line of scrimmage. If EC is young and not being recruited big advantage Lowell 

Cathedral had a lot more D1 recruits then Columbus East this year....

Edited by Olympian06
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Cathedral had a lot more D1 recruits then Columbus East this year....

You beat me to that observation.  I was typing it just as the first of family showed up for Thanksgiving.

I don't know why the kids from St. Leon get no respect - it's not as if they haven't been knocking on the door the last 3 years.

Edit - I think both of these schools are more alike than they might know.  I'm a fan of both.  Admittedly, I would like to see the EC kids from where I grew up win but I have a ton of respect for both. They were both my hopeful picks to show up at LOS.

Edited by Lysander
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lysander said:

You beat me to that observation.  I was typing it just as the first of family showed up for Thanksgiving.

I don't know why the kids from St. Leon get no respect - it's not as if they haven't been knocking on the door the last 3 years.

Edit - I think both of these schools are more alike than they might know.  I'm a fan of both.  Admittedly, I would like to see the EC kids from where I grew up win but I have a ton of respect for both. They were both my hopeful picks to show up at LOS.

The first half will be close, but Lowell put them away in the 3rd, and pull the starters in the 4th: that simple...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gipper said:

The first half will be close, but Lowell put them away in the 3rd, and pull the starters in the 4th: that simple...

Hope you're right for your sake.  Crow is an awful tasting fowl.  Been of a lot of eaten here recently.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Hope you're right for your sake.  Crow is an awful tasting fowl.  Been of a lot of eaten here recently.

 

We served a lot of it last week, and boy it felt good to serve it to a few big mouth people on here lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

We served a lot of it last week, and boy it felt good to serve it to a few big mouth people on here lol 

Not denying I tasted some of that as regards that game.  Just a bite, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Not denying I tasted some of that as regards that game.  Just a bite, though.

Haha, you didn’t say much. We know who you were cheering for :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Haha, you didn’t say much. We know who you were cheering for :) 

The 5th is a great Amendment.  The 21st being my preferred one, though....5ths involved there as well.

Its a great country.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.