• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
Sign in to follow this  
Black_Gold2007

Penn v Ben Davis 6A Title Game

Just now, Von2Rov said:

14?  Yowsers!  BD will score 14 in the first half, and possibly the 1st quarter.  Penn will have to "outscore" BD to win (channeling my inner-Madden).  They won't be holding them to a low score. 

Penn has a Saftey being looked at by notre dame and a great defense overall. They will make it a good one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cougs73 said:

Penn has a Saftey being looked at by notre dame and a great defense overall. They will make it a good one.

I hope you are right!!!

1 minute ago, Cougs73 said:

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/notre-dame-safety-commitment-paul-moala-a-big-play-big/article_6f324a3c-b9da-11e7-ada5-4f9139a95670.html

Plus.....with Penn's young man committed to ND and Lowell's young man committed to IU, it is nice to see some of the state's best talent staying in state.

15 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/notre-dame-safety-commitment-paul-moala-a-big-play-big/article_6f324a3c-b9da-11e7-ada5-4f9139a95670.html

Plus.....with Penn's young man committed to ND and Lowell's young man committed to IU, it is nice to see some of the state's best talent staying in state.

As well as Reese Taylor going to IU.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Cougs73 said:

Not belng looked, ND has offered.

17 minutes ago, CGFan2017 said:

As well as Reese Taylor going to IU.

Well, great, IU should be getting good QB, I hope. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Minus cathedrals rb and Center

Just now, Cougs73 said:

Minus cathedrals rb and Center

Nvm just Center forgot stepp is going to ND

• Thanks 1

Looking at his highlights mostly all running, can he throw the ball?

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Watch the video on page 1 of this thread.  Plenty of passing.

15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Resse is close to 3,000 pass yards for the season. I believe he has the school season pass yards record, and maybe career as well? I could be wrong. He may have the school record for total offense and touchdowns. I know he was close on all of them. BDGiant93 may have that info.

I will say this. Penn proved on Friday that they have a pretty good secondary. Now I know Ben Davis will be the best passing offense Penn will see this year, but the secondary should hopefully give them a chance to win.

I am also very excited to see Penn and Ben Davis playing again. I know it has been mentioned on here multiple times by past players, but the respect these teams have for each other is like none other in the state of Indiana. I will remember for the rest of my life eating dinner with Ben Davis after our hard fought games. Win or lose, it was pretty cool to sit down next to the guy you were hammering all game and chow down on some good food. I have nothing but respect for Ben Davis, and I hope this is another one of those hard fought, close games like these two teams had in the past.

42 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Not belng looked, ND has offered.

Well, great, IU should be getting good QB, I hope. 

not just offered, Moala has committed.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, NRRaider2001 said:

Paul Moala from Penn HS in Mishawaka tweeted this earlier today. 

Screenshot_20171022-194559.png

Screenshot_20171022-194734.png

Screenshot_20171022-194739.png

• Upvote 3

I think the most points in a state game is 77. BD could score that against Penn Saturday and break the record.  It’s just insane how talented BD is year. They could win this game in their spongebob pajamas. Penn hasn’t seen anyone like Reese and company.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Cougs73 said:

Yes, everyone thought Carmel would roll them because of penns lack of game "competition". I say close game taking penn 21-14.

reply meant for bittersweet lol

Carmel and Ben Davis are 2 different animals when it comes to Offense. If Penn holds Ben Davis to 14 points I would be floored. My initial thoughts are Penn will need to score more than 28-35 to have a chance to win the game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Reese Taylor stats this year:

197 comp 274 attempts 2,810 yds 35 TD's 7 Int

126 rushes 668 yds 14 TD 

2 hours ago, TomKing said:

I think the most points in a state game is 77. BD could score that against Penn Saturday and break the record.  It’s just insane how talented BD is year. They could win this game in their spongebob pajamas. Penn hasn’t seen anyone like Reese and company.  

This year: Carmel at BD   28-10        Penn at Carmel   34-7

Yes, insane.

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bittersweet said:

This year: Carmel at BD   28-10        Penn at Carmel   34-7

Yes, insane.

I wouldn't compare Carmel vs Ben Davis to Carmel vs Penn personally. Ben Davis vs Carmel is a rivalry game.

Edited by FastpacedO

Ben Davis is so untouchable that they were trailing at the half twice in the tourney ultimately pulling away to win semi comfortably vs LC and eeked one out vs  7-4 warren central. Also winning by 18 vs their 'rival' Carmel at home the same team that penn just trounced at carmel.  Of course mic  teams with the losses that warren ( trinity+ mic schedule) and lc and carmel( trinity+ mic schedule) had were excusable because of the strength of their conference  which i sort of agree with  .  But strength of schedule of your opponent isnt always indicative of how good your team is  . Columbus east doesnt exactly  play too rough of  a schedule and they won comfortably over the irish. 

O forget it  .... .. . ...Penn just turn in your pads don't show up you can't win , you won't win ...... the season is over.

Edited by MuleDriver
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I hope this is a great game.  My heart wants it to be, but my head says BD is one of the best teams in Indiana High School history.  I'd compare them to the 2006 Warren team.  You would need ball control with balance........ Avon's only success was sweeping the right side with a premier back in Sampson James.  I don't think Penn has a running back that quick. Keep the ball away from the BD offense, because they could literally score on every possession.  Taylor can throw a bullet to a covered receiver 30 yards downfield while on the run. He also sees weaknesses in defensive sets and can improvise and keep it for easy yardage.  I wish Penn the best of luck, because you'll need it!

• Upvote 1

I doubt DB has seen a D as good as Penn's this year. Being a Snider follower, you never underestimate "the wild bunch" D

• Upvote 1

The thing that would worry me if I were Penn is the speed Ben Davis has. You can’t simulate speed, you can only hope to contain it. With the QB being able to run or throw with equal success, that spells big trouble.

16 hours ago, Hog5761 said:

I will say this. Penn proved on Friday that they have a pretty good secondary. Now I know Ben Davis will be the best passing offense Penn will see this year, but the secondary should hopefully give them a chance to win.

Ben Davis is not just a passing team they are the most balanced team in Indiana (2,889 yards passing 35 TD's / 3,554 yards rushing 47 TD's) Carmel was not an Offensive team what so ever, they have totally been reliant on their defense this year. Carmel averaged 19 points per game. Ben Davis is averaging 46 points per game. Penn is an outstanding football team with a great defense and they will play hard. They may keep it close for a little bit, but Ben Davis will pull away. I still say Penn's Offense will have to score 28-35 points to have a chance to win this game. There is not just 1 weapon for the Ben Davis offense or 1 guy to stop.

12 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Ben Davis is so untouchable that they were trailing at the half twice in the tourney ultimately pulling away to win semi comfortably vs LC and eeked one out vs  7-4 warren central. Also winning by 18 vs their 'rival' Carmel at home the same team that penn just trounced at carmel.  Of course mic  teams with the losses that warren ( trinity+ mic schedule) and lc and carmel( trinity+ mic schedule) had were excusable because of the strength of their conference  which i sort of agree with  .  But strength of schedule of your opponent isnt always indicative of how good your team is  . Columbus east doesnt exactly  play too rough of  a schedule and they won comfortably over the irish. 

O forget it  .... .. . ...Penn just turn in your pads don't show up you can't win , you won't win ...... the season is over.

Both of those games that Ben Davis was trailing and ultimately pulling away to win were the second time Ben Davis had played those teams. Those teams had already played Ben Davis once before, and both of those teams had the best speed to try and match Ben Davis' speed. While Ben Davis only beat Lawrence Central 33-20 and Warren Central 36-29 the second time they played them, the first time they played them they beat Lawrence Central 42-7 and Warren Central 45-16. It is very difficult to beat a team 2 times, let alone a team that is very familiar playing you every year. 

8 hours ago, psaboy said:

Will be the most lopsided out of state titles games in my opinion with Ben Davis walking away with a victory...to much for Penn to handle and best team in the entire state Ben Davis by 30 😬😬

49 minutes ago, Hawg2013 said:

Will be the most lopsided out of state titles games in my opinion with Ben Davis walking away with a victory...to much for Penn to handle and best team in the entire state Ben Davis by 30 😬😬

I actually do NOT think this will be the most lopsided game in State Title games. I think the 5A Columbus East vs Kokomo will be the most lopsided.

I personally think Penn will keep it close early, but Ben Davis will pull ahead and win by a comfortable margin(similar to the Ben Davis vs Avon game). Penn is a solid well coached football team that plays with a lot of pride and heart. So when I say Ben Davis will win by a comfortable margin I mean that as no disrespect to Penn, Ben Davis is very talented and I think there athleticism will blow the game open.

Sorry but Penn’s defense won’t be able to do anything but stand there lookin silly against BD. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 4