• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland
CharlieTweeder

1A Title Eastern Greene vs Pioneer

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

Ahh, Mistake move by EG. That ball is hard to find against a black jersey.

Who said the Panthers are wearing black?  But if that helps hide the ball then maybe they should!!

Those white jerseys with silver numerals are hell to read as well...   

7 minutes ago, Miner Pride said:

Those white jerseys with silver numerals are hell to read as well...   

Pioneer better just stick to playing their normal defense then.:07_v:

3 hours ago, Mike Runyon said:

How good is EG punter? Monroe Central kicking game was horrible! Giving pioneer good feild position.

It was also a very windy night which played heck with his punts. When Pioneer punted they were with the wind so that was a little lopsided lol

#56rocks 

19 hours ago, Hops said:

I'd take Hamilton on my fantasy team any day. Go EG!!!

You can only have 1quaterback, mine would be Kiser!

1 hour ago, Gaponbacker said:

Pioneer better just stick to playing their normal defense then.:07_v:

Still a good guess that where the ball is gonna go is the QB 35... so that won't be too much confusion LOL>  NOw.. from a radio booth... it's not fun to see who else might have the ball or make a tackle!!  At least no mud to worry about this game!!!

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

usually a kiss of death to the opposing teams in 1a 

Nearly everyone predicted undefeated Eastern Hancock and their D1 running back Spencer Gilbert would walk all over Tri Central at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2013. The actual game was just the opposite.

6 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

Dugger doesn't play in South Spencer's sectional, so that scenario isn't possible for you.

:16_v:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gaponbacker said:

As long as EG can see the #4 on the jersey, they at least know where the ball is half of the time :02_v:

Knowing he has the ball is the easy part. Tackling him, well, therein lies the issue.

• Upvote 2

Dang—low blow by calling out Dugger! They can’t catch a break. 

Go Thunderbirds! They have a special mission this year. 

3 hours ago, Gonzoron said:

Knowing he has the ball is the easy part. Tackling him, well, therein lies the issue.

That's what the winky face was implying at the end of my post. I know my sarcasm *%#!?*s!!

#35 must be hard to tackle as well, may not have the speed of Kiser but seems to find a seam or bull his way through defenses. It will be interesting to see how everyone else matches up in this game. Should be fun. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm for the Panthers.

4 hours ago, Howe said:

Nearly everyone predicted undefeated Eastern Hancock and their D1 running back Spencer Gilbert would walk all over Tri Central at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2013. The actual game was just the opposite.

Kiser is a better player than Gilbert was, though. Gilbert was a walk-on at Ball State and didn't even have an online recruiting profile on any of the major recruiting websites. Kiser has five offers so far, from Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, Indiana State, and Illinois State. He has also made multiple visits to Notre Dame. He is also only a junior, which has already been mentioned on this thread.

Edited by Andy G
  • Upvote 3

Also, barring injury, Kiser is on track to finish top 25, if not top 10, on the all time state rushing and scoring lists by the time he graduates.

5 hours ago, Howe said:

Pretty sure the biggest factor in that game was coaching.

10 minutes ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Pretty sure the biggest factor in that game was coaching.

Agreed. Clearly getting to LOS is a great feat, but EH really chit the bed that game. Apparently it was enough to get their coach a huge increase in football classification and likely pay at Zionsville. 

10 hours ago, Mike Runyon said:

How good is EG punter? Monroe Central kicking game was horrible! Giving pioneer good feild position.

Hamilton is the punter. He punts "rugby-style" meaning he could take off and run at any time.

Averages 34.3. If his punts aren't fielded they get a ton of roll when they land.

48 minutes ago, ts32 said:

Hamilton is the punter. He punts "rugby-style" meaning he could take off and run at any time.

Averages 34.3. If his punts aren't fielded they get a ton of roll when they land.

Cool. Pioneer has been mostly using a rugby style punt for around a decade now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ts32 said:

Thanks for the info, that is a plus for EG and takes away an advantage Pioneer had in field position last game. Hopefully it will just result in longer touchdown runs for Pioneer :)

Pioneer will finish the season at 15-0 with a state title...they might just be the best team between 1A and 2A they are that good...people don't like the Wing-T offense but it is very affective when ran correctly and no one runs that offense better than Pioneer it's a thing of beauty...Pioneer wins by 21

14 hours ago, navy80 said:

Dang—low blow by calling out Dugger! They can’t catch a break. 

I wasn't calling out Dugger. I was messing with Hick. I would never call out Dugger. Their Casey's has been a vital road trip bathroom stop for my family many times.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hawg2013 said:

Pioneer will finish the season at 15-0 with a state title...they might just be the best team between 1A and 2A they are that good...people don't like the Wing-T offense but it is very affective when ran correctly and no one runs that offense better than Pioneer it's a thing of beauty...Pioneer wins by 21

It's all about the Jimmys & Joes

i think we have some cats 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

It's all about the Jimmys & Joes

i think we have some cats 

Just like the old saying. It seems like Pioneer has had the Xs and Os for 20 years now and that alone is good enough for a conference title most years. When Pioneer has the Jimmy's and Joe's though, that's when they can take the Wing-T to the next level. What Mike Johnson originally built in lil ole Royal Center has become pretty special.