• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
southend

Bucket Game

Put up or (be quiet). I don't want to offend any posters. Any way, as an IU alum, I'm a little excited about the game ramifications. Win or stay home. Its been awhile since the game has meant anything, other than a W. I kind of know about Indiana, what they can or cant do very good on the field. They seem to be pretty consistent. Its the other team I cant get a good read on. Going in to Iowa and coming out with a win is huge. Other times they seem similar to Indiana, die in the 4th. So who is it? Peee...U(skunks) Or IU (good guys)?

Stinks that State finals and this game are on the same Saturday or else I would be in ROSS ADE for this bad boy.   

Super exciting for both sides of the fence, but I think for us Boilermakers, we are ECSTATIC to be playing meaningful games in November.   Flip side of that coin, BRUTAL loss to Nebraska and Rutgers keeping us from Florida or California areas  :17_v:

• Upvote 1

Same could be said for the Hoosiers, The wolverines were there for the taking. Ive said before, Boilers have tradition, and will have a quicker rebound to respectability, than the Indiana hoosiers. who ever comes out on top Saturday, hope they bring home a bowl W.

10 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Oh, look..............the Hoosiers got no bowl, no bucket, no nuttin.

NOT so fast my friend! Only 77 teams produced 6 wins, with 82 eligible bowl spots.

Good to see Purdue back where they belong.  I have seen many bowl projections: I most am for them taking on UCLA in the Tax Slayer bowl.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:24 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Stinks that State finals and this game are on the same Saturday or else I would be in ROSS ADE for this bad boy.   

Super exciting for both sides of the fence, but I think for us Boilermakers, we are ECSTATIC to be playing meaningful games in November.   Flip side of that coin, BRUTAL loss to Nebraska and Rutgers keeping us from Florida or California areas  :17_v:

I know what you mean as I went from ecstatic to melancholy in a 2 hour period...

Edited by Gipper

11 hours ago, southend said:

NOT so fast my friend! Only 77 teams produced 6 wins, with 82 eligible bowl spots.

So 5 teams with losing records will get a bowl.  I doubt the Hoosiers are one of the 5.  They will probably take SEC teams or other conferences.  It would be okay if the Hoosiers are one of them, but I'm not going to sit here and count on it.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

So 5 teams with losing records will get a bowl.  I doubt the Hoosiers are one of the 5.  They will probably take SEC teams or other conferences.  It would be okay if the Hoosiers are one of them, but I'm not going to sit here and count on it.

Maybe, Did you know Indiana Had the toughest schedule in the Big10?  Which I would assume would make it one of the toughest in the country.

43 minutes ago, southend said:

Maybe, Did you know Indiana Had the toughest schedule in the Big10?  Which I would assume would make it one of the toughest in the country.

Not so fast, my friend.  Indiana also played a FCS opponent, Charleston Southern, so they only won 4 games against the big boys.

If memory serves me right, in previous seasons recently, to fill the void in bowl games due to a lack of 6 win teams, the determining factor was team GPA among 5 win teams; sooooooooo there MAY be a chance. :14_v::07_v:

27 minutes ago, Irishman said:

If memory serves me right, in previous seasons recently, to fill the void in bowl games due to a lack of 6 win teams, the determining factor was team GPA among 5 win teams; sooooooooo there MAY be a chance. :14_v::07_v:

I believe you are correct. 

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Not so fast, my friend.  Indiana also played a FCS opponent, Charleston Southern, so they only won 4 games against the big boys.

Gipper, that one opponent was a choice of three teams that had an open date and could make it to Bloomington. Of the 3 CS was the only one that accepted. But makes no difference. You check the SOS stat, and see if Indiana had the toughest schedule. 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Yes, there is a chance. Andif they get in, it sure does wonders for a program teetering on going backdown the ladder. 

I agree....and who knows, the team that showed up to pound Rutgers could show up again in a bowl game. A decent bowl win is a win, and that is a good thing.

To get an idea of how either one of these teams will perform in a bowl game situation, all we have to do is look at the game Saturday. If there ever was a game, that simulated a bowl game ,the Bucket game was it. See the difference on how both teams prepared for the game? My money is on the Purdue coaching staff.

I would not be excited to see IU in a bowl game, except I do think the extra amount of practice and preparation time could benefit the Hoosier players that return. As far as just watching another IU football game...I would root for them, but don't know how interesting the game would be from a pure entertainment standpoint.  

30 minutes ago, coachfields said:

I would not be excited to see IU in a bowl game, except I do think the extra amount of practice and preparation time could benefit the Hoosier players that return. As far as just watching another IU football game...I would root for them, but don't know how interesting the game would be from a pure entertainment standpoint.  

I agree.  IU sees no benefit from playing in a bowl this season.  They need the time to recruit and prepare for next year.  I see our roster quality continuing to deteriorate.  Allen needs to go out and find some experienced juco or transfers, like Brohm did with PU.  

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

I agree.  IU sees no benefit from playing in a bowl this season.  They need the time to recruit and prepare for next year.  I see our roster quality continuing to deteriorate.  Allen needs to go out and find some experienced juco or transfers, like Brohm did with PU.  

I  think you must be under valuing the bennifit of the xtra practices that a team gets from being included in the bowl picture. All coaching staffs value these periods of xtra work. 

And you are under valuing the positive recruiting tool of going to a bowl. I don’t care if it is the TOILET bowl ! All players want to go. Wins and losses at this stage of Indiana’s or Purdue’s programs are inconsequential.  Or how they even play in a bowl game. 

Edited by southend

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Just saw the bowl list for all 40 games.  IU isn't in any of them.  Oh well.

Not ,oh well, it’s a very negative for the program.  Indiana struggles to get any 4 star players the way it is, and now this is one more reason to marginalize an offer from Indiana. Recruits look at the schools  ,that are recruiting them ,from top to bottom ,more now than ever.. with all the social media they have access to.  And this is a major, not getting to a bowl. Another easy excuse to put the IU offer at the bottom of their list. Not good. And very good for our competitors who love to cherry pick Indiana’s best schoolers. 

Itis, by the way, after I read what I wrote,this is not directed to you. I’m just stating how serious of a set back this is for the program. 

Edited by southend
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, southend said:

Not ,oh well, it’s a very negative for the program.  Indiana struggles to get any 4 star players the way it is, and now this is one more reason to marginalize an offer from Indiana. Recruits look at the schools  ,that are recruiting them ,from top to bottom ,more now than ever.. with all the social media they have access to.  And this is a major, not getting to a bowl. Another easy excuse to put the IU offer at the bottom of their list. Not good. And very good for our competitors who love to cherry pick Indiana’s best schoolers. 

Itis, by the way, after I read what I wrote,this is not directed to you. I’m just stating how serious of a set back this is for the program. 

It's all good, southend.  And my "oh well" comment wasn't a shot at IU.  I pretty much meant, you can't go back and change anything once the season is over.  They screwed the pooch by not winning the Michigan and Purdue games.  I believe those were 2 games they should have won.  Allen needs to sell new recruits on building something at IU and them being a part of it.  Other than that, it will pretty much be as you say:  IU will be at the bottom of the list (in more ways than one).  Until IU starts winning 6 - 7 games per year for a few years in a row, they are going to be staying home every year during bowl season and will continue to get 2 and 3 star recruits.  Still need a head coach who has been a head coach and not some coordinator.  I'd like to see Allen kept as the defensive coordinator though.  I think the defense is the most improved part of the team in the past couple of years.