• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
SR2017

2A State Title Woodlan vs Southridge

Woodlan fans - your team likely deserved a better outcome but tremendous game all around, except for final score.  

8 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Woodlan fans - your team likely deserved a better outcome but tremendous game all around, except for final score.  

Three words.  Field Goal Kick.  It's what won the game last week.

What a game!  Congrats Raiders!

Awesome job SR.  It was a long time coming.  Welcome to the club.

Congratulations Raiders!! Awesome season and well deserved title!

Wow! Just wow!  Congrats Raiders!  Well-deserved win.  Never quit believing!  Impressive.  Interesting that 2 teams who both had their seasons ended last year by Brownstown are state champs 1 year later...

• Upvote 1

I almost turned the game off when Southridge gave the ball up late in the 4th... Glad I didn't. At times we seen GREAT play calling and POOR play calling. What a game! Exciting finish and tough call to go for 2 and win it instead of tie it. Congrats Southridge (and overcoming 5 t/o). Woodlan was tougher than I thought.

2 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Tough loss for Woodlan as their Defense was everything fans said it was.  Unfortunately, SR defense was even better, overcoming 4 TO's and on the field most of the game  

Unfortunately, Eastbrook was unable to overcome their turnovers or else that state championship trophy would most likely be in our trophy case 😉

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Just unbelievably proud of the fight our boys had. Defense came up big possession after possession after possession. The offense did what it needed to when it had to. I won't have a voice for a few days now! 

3 hours ago, 25_Seconds said:

Unfortunately, Eastbrook was unable to overcome their turnovers or else that state championship trophy would most likely be in our trophy case 😉

Same thing could be said for 62 other 2A teams.  You Lost, Tough Luck, Better Luck next year.  Congrats to Southridge, you earned this championship!

• Upvote 7

Great finish but that was a very poorly played game.

Congrats to Southridge for getting their 1st ever title.  A great football community finally gets one.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 25_Seconds said:

Get better... that’s all I can tell you :) 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dan Jones said:

Great finish but that was a very poorly played game.

Congrats to Southridge for getting their 1st ever title.  A great football community finally gets one.

I did not think it was poorly played at all. The offenses did not look great at times but the defenses were the main reason the offenses looked not so great. QB for Southridge looked like he was having issues with his throwing arm. He usually runs the ball a lot but did not run much if at all this game. That really changed the way the offense ran.

Unbelievable.  Woodlans use of an offset 5 2 gap shoot DL arrangement gave us fits and they forced several turnovers but big balls buenning called for 2 right away after the center screen went for 6 and I'll be dang we got it. Much respect to Woodlan.  So proud of not just our raider fans but Pike central, Gibson southern, heritage hills, tell city, MD, Memorial, Linton-Stockton and forest park fans to name a few that came out and supported a conference and sectional foe. P.A.C! #812football

Huntingburg was rocking brother!!

15 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Nothing to hang heads about. You have a winner and a runner up. That game was really a thriller, and the team that won HAD to make the plays at the end or, no cigar. One poster said play was a little sloppy in this game, but none the less it was an exciting game to watch. Each team pulled everything they had out of their hats. I'm sure Sherwood has another run or two in him to get to state. Woodburn town should be excited for the future. They were a good representative of the East Allen County School system, and the Fort metro area this year.

For the last six weeks we kept telling our kids "Win one game by one point, we don't care how it gets done." We stole the game because we have a Pirate flag! Best Southridge team EVER!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 25_Seconds said:

As my wise grandmother used to say:  "If "wishes" and "buts" were candy & nuts, it would be Christmas everyday". 

Likely that several teams were a play or two away from going all the way.  A missed block or tackle, a poorly thrown pass, fumble, etc and any number of games may well have turned out differently.  Such is football, such is life.  How many days until kick-off for the 2018 season?  Too many.

5 minutes ago, vanman said:

We stole the game because we have a Pirate flag! Best Southridge team EVER!!

Aye Matey, ye be the best Raider team ever...ARGGGGGHHHHH!  pirate-smiley.png

You look at the stats and Woodlan won all of them EXCEPT trips into the redzone/scores  Time after time Southridge's defense stood up and would NOT allow a score.  Other than the missed field goal, Southridge stood strong inside the 20.  On the other side of the coin, Woodlan's defense made stop after stop as well between the 20's.  To call this sloppy play by the offenses is somewhat disrespectful towards the teams' defenses.  Sometimes fans get spoiled wanting and expecting the offense to put up points.  You have to remember there are also defenses playing not to mention special teams.  This was one of those games when BOTH teams played lights out defense.  For a team to turn the ball over 5 times and STILL win the championship is a testament to the young men on the Southridge sideline.   Not to take away from Woodlan's effort, but the Raiders simply made the plays at the end of the game.  It was obvious that Harter wasn't his "normal" self.  I noticed he kept flexing that right arm and wondered if it would be Southridge's undoing.  It was a gutsy performance and one he will NEVER forget his entire life.  Wear that blue ring proudly, Raiders!  One of the best state finals I have seen in many, many years.

• Like 1

Huge Congratulations to Southridge!!!  Thank you from your PAC brethren!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1