• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
SR2017

2A State Title Woodlan vs Southridge

Congrats to both Southridge and Woodlan on their Semi-State wins!  Obviously I'm going to root for the Raiders in the finale.  I don't think many outside of Raider Nation actually gave SR a chance to beat Scecina and boy did the boys from down south prove a lot of people wrong!  Heck, even Bob Lovell said no one can hang with Scecina in 2A.  Guessing he'd like to take that statement back.

I don't know much at all about Woodlan, other than the last time SR made it to state was in 06 and we played FW Harding coached by current Woodlan coach, Sherwood Haydock.

Here we go who does everyone got? I don't know much about Southridge but was looking at the schedule they play and the teams they've beat and lost to and they seem to be a very good football team I mean they are in the championship but in my opinion there schedule is better than the one Woodlan has played..with that being said Woodlan is very good I think there biggest strength is the multiple athletes they have at many of positions..unlike most small schools they don't have one or 2 good players they have to worry about they have several very good athletes and players...after the win at Eastbrook I'm going to have to go with the North and say Woodlan 28-17...Any thoughts or input??

2 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I am rooting for the Fighting Schneiders!

Can't believe he is a media member now......  

merged:  2 topics together.   

I like the Raiders in this one, the meathead prediction of me.    Woodlan can score points in bunches and has some dudes in space  

Go raiders!

Woodlan (12-2) vs. Southridge (12-2)
GAME TIME: noon ET, Raider Field.
COACHES: Sherwood Haydock, 55-28 in 7th year at Woodlan, 188-147 in 30th year overall. Scott Buening, 47-15 in 5th year at Southridge, 59-43 in 9th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Southridge, 72.5, 49th overall, 2nd in Class 2A. Woodlan, 66.18, 73rd overall, 6th in Class 2A.
LAST OUTING: Woodlan defeated Eastbrook, 15-14. Southridge defeated Indianapolis Scecina, 24-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Woodlan 68-77, Southridge 85-70.
SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: No meetings.
PREDICTION: Southridge, 31-24.
Edited by titandad1971

Anyone that has seen the strength and speed of Southridge was certainly giving them a chance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SR2017 said:

Congrats to both Southridge and Woodlan on their Semi-State wins!  Obviously I'm going to root for the Raiders in the finale.  I don't think many outside of Raider Nation actually gave SR a chance to beat Scecina and boy did the boys from down south prove a lot of people wrong!  Heck, even Bob Lovell said no one can hang with Scecina in 2A.  Guessing he'd like to take that statement back.

I don't know much at all about Woodlan, other than the last time SR made it to state was in 06 and we played FW Harding coached by current Woodlan coach, Sherwood Haydock.

Yeah we did....

Did both teams come out of Semi State injury free?

I think the only way Woodlan wins this game is if Southridge fumbles the ball to Woodlan 4 or 5 times like we did on Friday night.  The ball was just rolling their way!  I'm rooting for Woodlan to pull out another upset this weekend!  They are a hard nosed football team!  They need to play defense as well as they did against Eastbrook!  I think this will be a close game!  Good luck to both teams and CONGRATS on your accomplishment!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Can't believe he is a media member now......  

merged:  2 topics together.   

I like the Raiders in this one, the meathead prediction of me.    Woodlan can score points in bunches and has some dudes in space  

Voice of The Raaaaaaayduhs!

This will be my last post on this fantastic run the Raiders have been on!!  First and foremost congrats to both teams for being the last two teams standing in 2A.  I feel in this game that the biggest challenge for the Raiders will be on the defensive end.  The Raiders have completely bought into the team is bigger than the individual mentality and consequently they have been playing great defensive football, GREAT!!  If they can continue to do so, and keep Woodlan from scoring on big plays (make Woodlan drive the ball the length of the field), SR will be fine.  I feel, AGAIN, on the offensive side of the ball the machine just keeps on chugging.  Harter, who wears a big S on his undershirt beneath his pads and changes clothes in a phone booth, will continue to lead this team offensively!!  In the end I feel like, and I have said publicly throughout the playoffs (hell War Daddy finally agreed with me on something)TOO much Raider offense in this one:  Raiders 38  Warriors 21

• Like 1

We're both here for a reason.  Both have good players.  Really going to come down to who wants it more.  Eastbrook was a very good team and Woodlan was able to get the win in exciting fashion.  Scecina was a great team too but our defense really met the challenge and we put enough points on the board to win.  I know we won by 17 points but I certainly wasn't comfortable until late in the game.  Scecina's offense was really good and they could score on any play.  Their QB took some brutal hits and kept coming back out.  They didn't have anything to hang their heads about.  They are really good.

Really proud of SR and our guys.  Our road to LOS has been (South Spencer, Linton, Mater Dei, Providence, and Indy Scecina).  Though the score didn't indicate it, South Spencer and Providence both had playmakers.  The other teams we played have reputations that speak for themselves.  Really looking forward to the game. 

Boy I really like what the raiders have done over the years , for football in the southern part of the state. I have seen them and know that they are really tuned this year. But I also like what is going on in the little community of Woodburn. When I was around there ,they were the punching bag for the Allen co. Schools. No more. Having not seen them play this year I’m going on blind pick. Southridge. 

I like that Shotgun Wing T stuff, I hear it works out pretty well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Plus I forgot to mention, Woodlan has a coach with the best name, Sherwood Haydock! Nobody, no team still playing can match that. 

Sagarin has Southridge by 6pts with no home field advantage.  Will the turf field be an advantage for either team?  SR beats Linton-Stockton twice in the same year and knocks off (2) Catholic Schools, very impressive!  Gotta think that they win this one... but rooting for the EACS School!

At the end of last season I made a prediction that Southridge was going to be very, very tough in 2A. 

They were in our Sectional in 3A last cycle and played us hard in the championship game both years.

Best of luck to Coach Buening and the Raiders!!!

Edited by npatman

1 hour ago, Dabears said:

Sagarin has Southridge by 6pts with no home field advantage.  Will the turf field be an advantage for either team?  SR beats Linton-Stockton twice in the same year and knocks off (2) Catholic Schools, very impressive!  Gotta think that they win this one... but rooting for the EACS School!

Not that it really matters, but we actually took out 3 straight Catholic schools....Mater Dei, Providence, Scecina.

Did Southridge have any turnovers Saturday?  If not, that is quite impressive.  That gun wing T makes my head spin.  It's like following the ball in a shell game at the carnival.  I like the Ridge by 17.  Do It Raiders!! 

4 minutes ago, tango said:

Did Southridge have any turnovers Saturday?  If not, that is quite impressive.  That gun wing T makes my head spin.  It's like following the ball in a shell game at the carnival.  I like the Ridge by 17.  Do It Raiders!! 

Ask Mater Dei about it 14 as well  :17_v:

Gonna continue backing a fellow East Allen County/ACAC school.   Woodlan for the win by 10 points.  Know they'll rep NE Indiana very well.