• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/29/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired
Sign in to follow this  
WCGrad92

State Title Games

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Are there really only 2 P/P schools in the State Finals this year?

3A game is loaded.  Guess the rest of the state figured out how to catch up.

*sarcasm off

Note, I am/nor have I ever been  against P/P schools. You play who is in front of you, not a name on the front of the jersey.

Good Luck to the 12 teams left playing for a State Title.

• Like 1

These cheatin’ public schools..... how are we going to resolve this issue??? :07_v:

• Haha 2

It would be interesting to see how many private schools are playing up right now.  In other words, how much role did the success factor play.  Obviously, Cathedral and Roncalli are up, but they would have been in the same 4A Sectional, playing "at" Cathedral in the first round of the sectional regardless.  Ritter was playing up in 3A, but they were beaten by Scecina.  Anyone else I'm not thinking of (admittedly don't follow the rest of the state that close)?

Methinks Woodlan and Kokomo are thanking their lucky stars that Luers and Snider are out of their leagues. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, panamabob said:

Methinks Woodlan and Kokomo are thanking their lucky stars that Luers and Snider are out of their leagues.

Methinks panamabob jealous

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Snider is a p/p school?  That is news to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Vouchers are keeping Luers in 3a not success factor.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/20/2017 at 11:39 AM, WCGrad92 said:

Are my eyes deceiving me?

Are there really only 2 P/P schools in the State Finals this year?

3A game is loaded.  Guess the rest of the state figured out how to catch up.

*sarcasm off

Note, I am/nor have I ever been  against P/P schools. You play who is in front of you, not a name on the front of the jersey.

Good Luck to the 12 teams left playing for a State Title.

If Im not mistaken there were only 2 last year too in Roncalli and Ritter.  Only 2 Indy area schools this year though in Ben Davis and Brebeuf.

its the best and worst weekend of the year all at the same time........ seeing the great numbers of young men compete and the amount of community support they have behind them and watching great football for almost 10 straight hours

Followed swiftly by the realization its all over till next August........... its the true definition of bitter sweet 

Goodluck to all the teams and young men competing this weekend lets play some football!!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Congrats to all 12 teams who get to live out a dream by playing for a state championship at LOS.

(So close to a clean public school sweep if only West Lafayette had held on to beat Brebeuf & Danville had avoided all those blunders & beaten Ev.Memorial.)

On 11/21/2017 at 4:13 PM, jakone said:

Vouchers are keeping Luers in 3a not success factor.

I didn’t say anything about why. 

On 11/21/2017 at 3:26 PM, Muda69 said:

Snider is a p/p school?  That is news to me.

The statement is an opinion and correctly written. 

On 11/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, dazed and confused said:

Methinks panamabob jealous

Not at all.  I went to both Luers and Snider.  I taught at Woodlan and Paul Harding (unnecessarily closed) and Sherwood is a friend of mine.  Simply an opinion.  Kokomo would not have beaten Snider in the past 30 years.  

Edited by panamabob

On 11/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, panamabob said:

Methinks Woodlan is happy that Harding was (unnecessarily closed).... and that Haydock is good at recruiting Athletes out to the sticks.  Luers just had a lean year on their "move-in's" only getting the star RB from Homestead and no D1 players on the roster..  Agree on the Kokomo line of thinking.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dabears said:

Methinks Woodlan is happy that Harding was (unnecessarily closed).... and that Haydock is good at recruiting Athletes out to the sticks.  Luers just had a lean year on their "move-in's" only getting the star RB from Homestead and no D1 players on the roster..  Agree on the Kokomo line of thinking.

can you name some move ins?  Grahovac?   Dr.  Brown lost his recruiting touch? 

11 hours ago, panamabob said:

I didn’t say anything about why.

The statement is an opinion and correctly written.

Not at all.  I went to both Luers and Snider.  I taught at Woodlan and Paul Harding (unnecessarily closed) and Sherwood is a friend of mine.  Simply an opinion.  Kokomo would not have beaten Snider in the past 30 years.

I agree...its all simply an opinion

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

I agree...its all simply an opinion

The only fact there is that Harding made the grade and did not need to be closed.   However,  the students' scores have been shown to be better at the other 4 schools.   Could you imagine if East Allen had only 1 or 2 high schools?  Great sports, bands,  and academics. 

1 hour ago, panamabob said:

can you name some move ins?  Grahovac?   Dr.  Brown lost his recruiting touch? 

Jordan Pressley.  Aaron Nieves a year or so earlier.. just to name a few.  What D1 schools are recruiting Grahovac?  Docta Brown, you need to do some searching in change.org, "Make Leo great again!".

https://scout.com/college/football/recruiting/Article/QB-Arion-Nieves-relieved-by-first-offer-74982588

• Like 1

On 11/20/2017 at 5:16 PM, bigfish said:

These cheatin’ public schools..... how are we going to resolve this issue??? :07_v:

P/P fans should start crying that public school should play in their own tourney.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jakone said:

P/P fans should start crying that public school should play in their own tourney.

I agree, please do this :) 

10 hours ago, Dabears said:

Ya I am sure Sherwood was thrilled about an established program shutting down, and going to rebuild a down and out one. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dabears said:

Methinks Woodlan is happy that Harding was (unnecessarily closed).... 

I don't see Sherwood mentioned anywhere here!

9 hours ago, Davs said:

Ya I am sure Sherwood was thrilled about an established program shutting down, and going to rebuild a down and out one. 

Don't know what thrills him, apparently you do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2017 at 9:31 AM, Dabears said:

Jordan Pressley.  Aaron Nieves a year or so earlier.. just to name a few.  What D1 schools are recruiting Grahovac?  Docta Brown, you need to do some searching in change.org, "Make Leo great again!".

https://scout.com/college/football/recruiting/Article/QB-Arion-Nieves-relieved-by-first-offer-74982588

I see.  I wonder how they got to Luers.   Eacs teacher/coaches can visit Prince Chapman can't they?   

Edited by panamabob

I was impressed by all the teams today. They all proved they deserved to be there. Fun games to watch!

• Upvote 1

Do the 1a schools have the best conditioned athletes? Compare the teams in 1a with the 3a teams, and how many players go both ways for each class this year? Then take that on up the ladder thru 6a. Me thinks the best conditioned athletes are the ones that are on the field for every play of the game. And it ain't the top football classes.

22 minutes ago, southend said:

Do the 1a schools have the best conditioned athletes? Compare the teams in 1a with the 3a teams, and how many players go both ways for each class this year? Then take that on up the ladder thru 6a. Me thinks the best conditioned athletes are the ones that are on the field for every play of the game. And it ain't the top football classes.

There are players that play both ways in the bigger classes. There are less of them but some do still play both ways. I know Columbus East had some players playing both ways.

Just because they "don't" doesn't mean they can't. Just means they don't have to because there are larger number of talented players out for the team.

Edited by FastpacedO

3 minutes ago, southend said:

That's a good (and probably very debatable) question .  In some cases, it could very well be true.  I get what you are saying but even some of the 1A schools (the more successful ones) have one way players especially some of the linemen and some of the skills.  I think a lot of times it comes down to numbers.  30 - 40 players is about average for a smaller school's roster.  Then again, it comes down to the players volunteering in the off season.  Good teams are already in the weight room and conditioning by January at the very latest.  There are some teams/players who start after they are out of the tournament (November).  Waiting until spring is too late if you want to be able to go 4 quarters (both ways) in October and November.