• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
Sign in to follow this  
futbolfan

Game of the weekend?!?

On paper some of these state games may not be close. Both 6a and 5a I believe have a big favorite to win. I also think Lowell will pull away and control the 4a game. 

What will be the best game of the weekend?

27 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

Lowell/East Central

Agree 100%.  I think this hands down is the game of the weekend.   Both teams are so similar, including colors, although Lowell does pass more.  Pioneer wins by 4 TD, Southridge pulls away late, same with Memorial.  And Columbus East and Ben Davis win convincingly.

I doubt the three games on Friday will be close.   The first two games Saturday should be good but Ben Davis is an over whelming

favorite in 6A.  

On paper, I'd say 3A and 4A should be good games. I hope to be able to make the 3A game before East plays. Should be a good one. It seems some think that won't be. If so who are you saying is the favorite? Both teams are on a roll and have beaten other top 3A teams. 

3A and 4A could be the closest games.  Really excited to watch them all though.  Very interesting match-ups!!!

3A will be the best game   Brebuef with the stout defense and Memorial with the high powered offense.   I also like the 1A matchup.  I think Pioneer will win, but Eastern Greene is a great story.  Pioneers offense is so skilled and efficient.  Eastern Greene has some big athletes that will put some shots on Kiser.  In the end Kiser takes over and Pioneer rolls.  I got Pioneer, Southridge, Brebuef, Lowell, Columbus East, and Ben Davis.

What about Woodlan and Southridge, I would think this was the game of the week seems like both schools can make impressive arguments Woodlan beat 13-0 Eastbrook and Southridge handled Secina who arguably plays the toughest schedule in 2A.....

who is favored and why? I know many people (including myself) thought we might see Secina vs Eastbrook instead. 

3 minutes ago, superjay said:

3A will be the best game   Brebuef with the stout defense and Memorial with the high powered offense.   I also like the 1A matchup.  I think Pioneer will win, but Eastern Greene is a great story.  Pioneers offense is so skilled and efficient.  Eastern Greene has some big athletes that will put some shots on Kiser.  In the end Kiser takes over and Pioneer rolls.  I got Pioneer, Southridge, Brebuef, Lowell, Columbus East, and Ben Davis.

FYI...Memorial has more than a high powered offense. They have a very good defense as well. The front 4 is very fast and the secondary is a turnover machine (pick 6 is a common theme this year). 3A should be a great game!

Woodlan vs Southridge will be the closet game of the weekend but doesn't mean it will be the best...if you like defensive games then the Lowell East Central game will please you..but I think the most entertaining game will be the Brebuef Memorial game will be you choice...and if you wanna see lots of scoring look at Pioneer to put points on the board at will same for Ben Davis

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, Gonzoron said:

Lowell/East Central

That will be a good one and one I'm a little worried about.  Although I think the Devils will win handily, stranger things have happened.  I'm also going with Ben Davis in 6A, Columbus East in 5A, Brebeuf Prep in 3A, Southridge in 2A, and Pioneer in 1A.  Best of luck to all teams.   Except Penn: I really hate them.  Just kidding: Happy Thanksgiving Average American Male!!!

On 11/20/2017 at 6:13 PM, Gonzoron said:

Lowell/East Central

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

That will be a good one and one I'm a little worried about.  Although I think the Devils will win handily, stranger things have happened.  I'm also going with Ben Davis in 6A, Columbus East in 5A, Brebeuf Prep in 3A, Southridge in 2A, and Pioneer in 1A.  Best of luck to all teams.   Except Penn: I really hate them.  Just kidding: Happy Thanksgiving Average American Male!!!

I think you have me confused with someone else.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

sorry.

10 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

Believe it or not, I wasn't confused.  I know that AAM is a Penn fan and we kind of go back and forth and I knew he'd freak if someone hated on Penn.  I don't hate them, in fact I have a relative who teaches there.

Edited by Gipper