• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
Sign in to follow this  
CGFan2017

Cathedral's Rick Streiff Retiring

Just saw on Kyle Neddenriep's Twitter that Coach Streiff would be retiring and that more would come later. This is shocking to me but I also dont follow their program so I wouldn't really know. Anyways, congrats on a great career to Coach Streiff!

https://twitter.com/KyleNeddenriep/status/933077384722632704

Edited by CGFan2017

Also a former Monrovia Bulldog , have a ton of great memories growing up in the early 2000s watching his Cathedral teams compete Congrats on a great career coach!!!! And thank for all you have done for Indiana High School Football ! You have definitely earned some time to enjoy family and friends !!! 

In a 12 month span we’ve lost Strieff, Lorenzano, and Scifires. 

• Like 1

What are some of his accolades and accomplishments? What kind of success have they had under him? And congratulations.

An ABSOLUTELY class act!! 

And I know we throw that term around a lot.  But I personally would like to thank him for helping make me a better official in the brief times we have met, both ON and OFF the field! 

I hopefully I will see him soon, and I will pass along this sentiment.

Thank you for your helping move HS Football in Indiana forward Rick!   

Edited by Yuccaguy
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Congrats on a great career coach! One of the best to ever do it.

PURE SPECULATION, I have had this feeling that Kyle Ralph could fill this position at Cathedral. I guess time will tell. 

12 hours ago, Hawg2013 said:

What are some of his accolades and accomplishments? What kind of success have they had under him? And congratulations.

6 state titles since 2008 when he took over 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

PURE SPECULATION, I have had this feeling that Kyle Ralph could fill this position at Cathedral. I guess time will tell. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Peebles return.

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I think Ralph is holding out for St. X back home in Cincy or maybe another powerhouse GCL (Greater Cincy League) School like Elder , Moller, or LaSalle 

Again pure speculation as well but I would think Mic Roessler has to be in the convo being a former Cathedral assistant and now taken BJP to his 2nd title appearance. 

12 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

I think Ralph is holding out for St. X back home in Cincy or maybe another powerhouse GCL (Greater Cincy League) School like Elder , Moller, or LaSalle 

Again pure speculation as well but I would think Mic Roessler has to be in the convo being a former Cathedral assistant and now taken BJP to his 2nd title appearance. 

I've heard there is a coach up the street in North Central that has some experience.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hawg2013 said:

4 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Head Coach at Brebeuf 1988 (2-7)

Head Coach at Cathedral 1989-2001 (122-38) 4 State Titles (1 3A and 3 4A)

Head Coach at North Central 2002-2006 (19-25)

Head Coach at Cathedral 2008-2017 (99-39) 6 State Titles (4 4A and 2 5A)

Record at Cathedral 221-77 (no losing seasons)

Record overall 242-109

1 hour ago, EasyEJay said:

Former Cathedral coaches (assistants or head coach that are still coaching) Mic Roessler (HC Brebeuf), Bill Peebles (HC Lawrence Central), Jim O'Hara (HC Eastern Hancock), Doug Armstrong (Asst Coach Mt. Vernon). 

No idea who will be in the conversation just throwing out names of former coaches that have been at Cathedral.

Edited by FastpacedO

Congrats to one of the best I have had the pleasure to learn from and Coach against!

Enjoy my friend!

Coach West

WC Football

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, NorthIndySports said:

Could not happen at a worse time for us at HSE....makes going after the top coach a little tougher

I think Hamilton SE is a better job than Cathedral.  You don't have to deal with all of the politics at Hamilton SE that you do at Cathedral.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/22/2017 at 8:57 AM, CGFan2017 said:

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Peebles return.

That would be a good choice, imo.  Also I hope Johnny O'Hara gets some consideration. 

On 11/23/2017 at 3:54 AM, LC Bears 04 said:

I think Hamilton SE is a better job than Cathedral.  You don't have to deal with all of the politics at Hamilton SE that you do at Cathedral.

That's a curious observation, imo?

On 11/24/2017 at 9:10 AM, PHJIndy said:

That would be a good choice, imo.  Also I hope Johnny O'Hara gets some consideration. 

That's a curious observation, imo?

6A is top competition so we can use that but I am pretty sure Cathedral will pay better.  First order of business is keeping kids in our program.  At least 3 stud Cathedral players are HSE kids.  

21 hours ago, NorthIndySports said:

6A is top competition so we can use that but I am pretty sure Cathedral will pay better.  First order of business is keeping kids in our program.  At least 3 stud Cathedral players are HSE kids.  

It's a fact that Cathedral doesn't pay its coaches more than the township and surrounding schools.  Cathedral is a private school and accepts any student that is qualified, whether an athlete or a member of the band.

Financially, no question...  not sure about your reasoning however...

• Upvote 1

Any chance Streiff could end up at HSE?  Or is he truly done?  

17 hours ago, PHJIndy said:

It's a fact that Cathedral doesn't pay its coaches more than the township and surrounding schools.  Cathedral is a private school and accepts any student that is qualified, whether an athlete or a member of the band.

Are those salaries published?  If not then you can't say that. It is well known that PP pay very well.

1 hour ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

???

I'll second that ???

2 hours ago, Trojan Dad said:

From what I know he wants to retire.....HSE would be as much work if not more than Cathedral

4 hours ago, Trojan Dad said:

Judging by the article I would say he is truly done for now. He has stated that he is remaining as a teacher at Cathedral just retiring as a coach.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/11/21/rick-streiff-retiring-after-leading-cathedral-10/887012001/

3 hours ago, Lambeau Fields said:

Could be at Center Grove after the announcement at Cathedral.

I agree with the others, not sure what this means.

1 hour ago, NorthIndySports said:

Are those salaries published?  If not then you can't say that. It is well known that PP pay very well.

Actually it is well known that Private/Parochial school teachers and coaches pay less than their Public School counterparts. Most P/P school coaches are teachers with teacher salary and get a coaching stipend. Streiff left Cathedral once before to take over at North Central which was a pay increase. I have also noticed some P/P football coaches also coach another sport, I would assume that is so they can get another stipend for another sport to increase their salary.