• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
punttheball

The Hoosier Conference 2018

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 10:18 PM, foxbat said:

Has something changed?  When the 2017 game was announced back in 2016, it was announced as a four-game series.

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/09/07/central-catholic-jeff-start-football-series/89950766/

2 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

It is true.

2 year contract.

...what does "contract" really mean ?

19 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

...what does "contract" really mean ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hamilton Heights will have a new coach in 2018 as Coach Mitch Street has informed his players this morning that he has resigned.  

Posted (edited)

Congrats to West Lafayette’s George Karlaftis and Tipton’s KJ Roudebush for being selected for the Prime Time 25 players for 2018 and be on the cover of the Gridiron Magazine.

Edited by Fballfan15
  • Upvote 2

George making his run to repeat as state shot put title with a 59' 2" toss at sectional, third best in state so far. Will be throwing head to head against state leader Zinn from Z-ville Thurs at Regional who threw 63' 1 3/4"

also, Panther Tyler Gilbert who was named academic all state in football,  is leading state in discus with a throw of 185' 9" to defend his title.

Good luck men !

Northwestern hired a new coach as well 

George has been VERY busy this spring.   Also going to be his last year competing in H.S. Track.  

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, Fballfan15 said:

Congrats to West Lafayette’s George Karlaftis and Tipton’s KJ Roudebush for being selected for the Prime Time 25 players for 2018 and be on the cover of the Gridiron Magazine.

I like watching KJ play.  Great athlete that looks like he is playing his last play every down.  Is he pursuing a football choice after high school?  It seems like he could play D3 qb or maybe a long shot D2 Qb. 

Edited by punttheball

KJ came in the game against LCC his sophomore year I believe? From then I could tell he had amazing arm talent and now he's even better. Definitely will be the best QB in the Hoosier Conference this year. 

5 hours ago, punttheball said:

I like watching KJ play.  Great athlete that looks like he is playing his last play every down.  Is he pursuing a football choice after high school?  It seems like he could play D3 qb or maybe a long shot D2 Qb. 

He is pursuing college football. He is currently being recruited by Western Michigan, Indiana State, UIndy, several Ivy League schools and Ashland among other D2’s and NAIA’s. He was on a visit to D2 Ashland this past weekend. He is being recruited in baseball as well. He lead the HC in hitting as a sophomore and guessing he is again this year with his .512 average. Football is what he wants to do in college though. He was just at Rivals camp in Ohio and will now be in their database. Awesome kid as well. 

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to George Karlaftis on being selected, and agreeing to, play in the 2019 All American Bowl in San Antonio on January 5!

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Tyler and George on defending their state championships in discus and shot.... well done !!!

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2017 at 12:04 PM, LCCAlum said:

That my friend will probably never happen as long as they play in the NCC. 

Interesting comment.  If you were the Jeff AD and you set a goal to win a Class 6A State Championship (why not?) ,  what strategies and tactics would you implement to achieve that goal?

Would you consider any of the following?

* Change or upgrade your staff

* Invest in better facilities

* Pursue a different conference affiliation, possibly at the risk of upsetting your local sister schools

* Pursue upgraded non con matchups

* Leverage the current improvements at Purdue to Jeff's advantage (marketing, fund raising, etc)

On 5/22/2018 at 4:55 PM, Fballfan15 said:

He is pursuing college football. He is currently being recruited by Western Michigan, Indiana State, UIndy, several Ivy League schools and Ashland among other D2’s and NAIA’s. He was on a visit to D2 Ashland this past weekend. He is being recruited in baseball as well. He lead the HC in hitting as a sophomore and guessing he is again this year with his .512 average. Football is what he wants to do in college though. He was just at Rivals camp in Ohio and will now be in their database. Awesome kid as well. 

I attended this Rivals Event in Hilliard, Ohio at Hilliard Bradley High School just a few weeks back.  Very well organized and heavily attended.  Looked like close to 300 athletes.  

LJ just finished up a brand new football weight room, locker room and many other facility upgrades just a few week back. 

LJ played LCC 1 year last year and now WL and LJ will open up the year this year against each other.   

I highly doubt Jeff is happy in the North Central.  They joined the league along with McCutcheon and Harrison after all 3 were summarily booted out of the Hoosier Crossroads.  They simply had no other options.  Jeff football was very weakened at the time after getting bludgeoned regularly in the HCC.

Jeff football is in a  better place now, and the success at Purdue has put wind in the football sails of the entire Lafayette metro area.

The far eastern side of the NCC is a trainwreck.  Richmond and Muncie football are at all time lows.  Anderson is a huge disappointment since the consolidation.  Marion is what it has always been - a hoops first school.  Tech is a vagabond that still has designs on The MIC.  Logansport is no reason to stay.  Kokomo is solid, and a likely potential target for an Indy area conference looking to grow.  

I see Jeff on the move in the future.  With or without the local extras.

Shout out to one of the great leaders of the Hoosier Conference as he steps away from his role as the Athletic Director of West Lafayette HS for the past 18 years, to become the Transportation Director for the School Corporation.  Brock Toulokian has earned the privilege of spending more time with his family after leading Red Devil Athletics, guiding coaches and athletes to be successful on, and off their fields of competition.

RDP my friend!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I highly doubt Jeff is happy in the North Central.  They joined the league along with McCutcheon and Harrison after all 3 were summarily booted out of the Hoosier Crossroads.  They simply had no other options.  Jeff football was very weakened at the time after getting bludgeoned regularly in the HCC.

Jeff football is in a  better place now, and the success at Purdue has put wind in the football sails of the entire Lafayette metro area.

The far eastern side of the NCC is a trainwreck.  Richmond and Muncie football are at all time lows.  Anderson is a huge disappointment since the consolidation.  Marion is what it has always been - a hoops first school.  Tech is a vagabond that still has designs on The MIC.  Logansport is no reason to stay.  Kokomo is solid, and a likely potential target for an Indy area conference looking to grow.  

Is this a joke? You are crediting Purdue's success this past year to the Success that LCC, WL have had.

We wont even talk about Coach Fry because he has been having great success for a while and it doesn't look like its going to change.

Coach Shanley has had 16 wins in his first 2 season. That started before Purdue was good.

Coach Peebles also has a winning record at Harrison spanning before Purdue had success.

McCutcheon has won 30 games the past 4 seasons.

Thank Goodness Purdue winning a bowl game LAST YEAR can get the credit for the success of the greater Lafayette area.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Coach Durham said:

Is this a joke? You are crediting Purdue's success this past year to the Success that LCC, WL have had.

We wont even talk about Coach Fry because he has been having great success for a while and it doesn't look like its going to change.

Coach Shanley has had 16 wins in his first 2 season. That started before Purdue was good.

Coach Peebles also has a winning record at Harrison spanning before Purdue had success.

Thank Goodness Purdue winning a bowl game LAST YEAR can get the credit for the success of the greater Lafayette area.

Yeah, I fail to see the connection between Purdue's recent football "success" and how it somehow carries over to Tippecanoe County school's football programs.

18 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Jeff is in a precarious position.  As for possible movement, the only think I can think of that night work is bolting from the NCC  (South) along with Harrison and McCutcheon, hooking up with the Terre Haute Schools, and possibly Lebanon and/or Crawfordsville.  Logistically challenging I know, but that's the problem these two cities have: very few schools with comparable enrollments nearby.

1 hour ago, Coach Durham said:

No. I am not. I'm simply stating that Purdue's success adds to a positive local vibe and environment. That also tends to lead to more interest, more investment. A rising tide lifts all ships. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Jeff is in a precarious position.  As for possible movement, the only think I can think of that night work is bolting from the NCC  (South) along with Harrison and McCutcheon, hooking up with the Terre Haute Schools, and possibly Lebanon and/or Crawfordsville.  Logistically challenging I know, but that's the problem these two cities have: very few schools with comparable enrollments nearby.

Given the focus on travel and expense reduction , the North Central and Hoosier Conferences are in major conflict with current trends.

I would like to see Lafayette take a similar route as Fort Wayne has, building an all inclusive conference that includes both public and private, city and suburb, multi ethnic.  

Fort Wayne's Summit Athletic Conference is the roll model for this endeavor.

Start with Lafayette's big 5 :   Jeff/Harrison/McCutcheon/LCC/WL

Kokomo and Logansport would love to see a reduction in travel and would both likely jump at the opportunity to join.

Attempt to pry Lebanon away from the Sagamore. 

If you want to go to ten, invite Lowell and Kankakee Valley from Northwest Indiana

• Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Given the focus on travel and expense reduction , the North Central and Hoosier Conferences are in major conflict with current trends.

I would like to see Lafayette take a similar route as Fort Wayne has, building an all inclusive conference that includes both public and private, city and suburb, multi ethnic.  

Kokomo and Logansport would love to see a reduction in travel and would both likely jump at the opportunity to join.

If you want to go to ten, invite Lowell and Kankakee Valley from Northwest Indiana

And give Frankfort a big fat raspberry. Not that the Hot Dogs could be competitive in that conference, but it would reduce travel times/expense. 

58 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Lowell and KV are the big ifs with the time zone differential.  Besides, I don't see Lowell turning their back on the Region.  KV maybe if Rensselaer is part of the equation.

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Lowell and KV are the big ifs with the time zone differential.  Besides, I don't see Lowell turning their back on the Region.  KV maybe if Rensselaer is part of the equation.

Ive always looked at KV as a follower to whatever Lowell decides to do.  Maybe not

• Downvote 2