• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 

Another great football season is in the books. I'm back and I offer you my MIC 2018 topic. What lies ahead next year. I want to hear your thoughts on who might win the conference and state championship. I can't wait to see what Warren Central brings to the table. As always, good luck and Go Warriors!!!

Obviously it is incredibly early. I don’t usually start talking about the upcoming year until after New Years but I would have to say BD and Warren Central are the favorites.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Obviously it is incredibly early. I don’t usually start talking about the upcoming year until after New Years but I would have to say BD and Warren Central are the favorites.

BD will slip---how could you not with the senior class being lost....Center Grove will be better-they were pretty young this time....Not sure what to expect from Carmel and LC or Pike...LN still trails the field from what I can see this early.

More interesting would be the following potential developments :

How does North Central progress in the 2nd year of the Kevin OShea regime?  Does NC have the athletes to compete with the big boys year in and year out?  I dont think OShea takes this job unless he feels he can build a conference championship level program.  I expect to see the Panthers take another step forward in 2018.

Lawrence Central was just a step behind Ben Davis in terms of overall athletic talent.  LC under Bill Peebles has what it takes to be in the discussion every year when talk comes around to 6A title contenders.  This roster is loaded with college talent.  I see LC surpassing WC as the top challenger to Ben Davis in the near future. 

Pike showed some improvement after a slow start and pulled off some upsets.  They haven't been the same program since Derek Moyers walked away.  Lots of talent, but a more disciplined approach is needed to harness that talent and convert it in to more wins.

Center Grove and Carmel will continue to be who they are.  

Patrick Mallory's Lawrence North program cannot seem to get any traction.  LC really putting the screws to them and open enrollment probably hurting the Wildcats badly.

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

More interesting would be the following potential developments :

How does North Central progress in the 2nd year of the Kevin OShea regime?  Does NC have the athletes to compete with the big boys year in and year out?  I dont think OShea takes this job unless he feels he can build a conference championship level program.  I expect to see the Panthers take another step forward in 2018.

Lawrence Central was just a step behind Ben Davis in terms of overall athletic talent.  LC under Bill Peebles has what it takes to be in the discussion every year when talk comes around to 6A title contenders.  This roster is loaded with college talent.  I see LC surpassing WC as the top challenger to Ben Davis in the near future. 

Pike showed some improvement after a slow start and pulled off some upsets.  They haven't been the same program since Derek Moyers walked away.  Lots of talent, but a more disciplined approach is needed to harness that talent and convert it in to more wins.

Center Grove and Carmel will continue to be who they are.  

Patrick Mallory's Lawrence North program cannot seem to get any traction.  LC really putting the screws to them and open enrollment probably hurting the Wildcats badly.

You mean Warren Central will have to play second fiddle to Lawrence Central in the near future?

LC has the current edge in talent and coaching.  I expect to see them maintain that edge.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

LC has the current edge in talent and coaching.  I expect to see them maintain that edge.

Oh I see. Warren Central's talent pool is pretty thin in contrast to the 2000s when the Warriors were at the peak of greatness.

21 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I don’t necessarily agree with this statement

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, WC Warrior said:

You mean Warren Central will have to play second fiddle to Lawrence Central in the near future?

I believe Coach Peebles is building his program to first mimic and then surpass Warren Central.  

Looking at current rosters, I do believe LC is the more talented squad.  A little surprised to see only one WC player in the Indiana Top 50 2018 players.  The Warriors used to have 4 or 5 in the top 50 every year.  Definitely some slippage in talent.  Is this a short term or long term trend?

And I would also give a slight coaching edge to Peebles and his staff.  

This is going to be a real battle between these two programs for east side supremacy over the next several years.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

Edited by DrivenT

21 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I believe Coach Peebles is building his program to first mimic and then surpass Warren Central.  

Looking at current rosters, I do believe LC is the more talented squad.  A little surprised to see only one WC player in the Indiana Top 50 2018 players.  The Warriors used to have 4 or 5 in the top 50 every year.  Definitely some slippage in talent.  Is this a short term or long term trend?

And I would also give a slight coaching edge to Peebles and his staff.  

This is going to be a real battle between these two programs for east side supremacy over the next several years.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=IN

I am going to disagree with you on that one. I think that Coach West is a top 3 Coach in 6A behind Moore and Kirschner. (No disrespect to any other coaches or programs, just my opinion) Peebles might be right behind them, but those guys are without a doubt the top 3. He also has many great assistants over there. I also am hoping Peebles stays at LC. I haven't heard anything about him being connected to the Cathedral job, but I know he used to coach there so there could be some interest. 

Edited by CGFan2017
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CGFan2017 said:

I am going to disagree with you on that one. I think that Coach West is a top 3 Coach in 6A behind Moore and Kirschner. Peebles might be right behind them, but those guys are without a doubt the top3. He also has many great assistants over there. I also am hoping Peebles stays at LC. I haven't heard anything about him being connected to the Cathedral job, but I know he used to coach there so there could be some interest. 

That would be a huge loss for LC if Peebles were to go to Cathedral.  But he should be in the mix.  I'm not sure you can have any more "big" games at Cathedral than Peebles is having at LC.  And the public school compensation is likely considerably higher.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

I am going to disagree with you on that one. I think that Coach West is a top 3 Coach in 6A behind Moore and Kirschner. (No disrespect to any other coaches or programs, just my opinion) Peebles might be right behind them, but those guys are without a doubt the top 3. He also has many great assistants over there. I also am hoping Peebles stays at LC. I haven't heard anything about him being connected to the Cathedral job, but I know he used to coach there so there could be some interest. 

The connection Coach Peebles has to Cathedral are: He was a a coach (Assistant and Offensive CoOrdinator) at Cathedral for 10 years (Prior to becoming HC at Southport). He also is a Cathedral graduate and was a player for the 1986 3A State Champion Cathedral football team.

Coach West, Coach Moore, and Coach Kirschner are all terrific coaches in the MIC. Coach Peebles is an excellent Head Coach (only in his 2nd year coaching in the MIC). He did an outstanding job totally rebuilding Southport after he took over in 2005. I think some don't really understand what he did at Southport from 1996-2004 Southport was 15-67. His first 3 seasons they went 1-9, 0-10, and 1-9 while he was rebuilding it. Then in 2008 they went 9-2, had a couple of 5-5 seasons but his last 3 seasons he really had them in the right direction.

I think he has a done a great job at LC so far and keeping them headed in the right direction. While he may be behind Coach Moore, Coach Kirschner, and Coach West he is one of the top coaches in the MIC.

The Southport rebuild was an excellent piece of work by Peebles and his staff.  You are correct.  That was no easy task.  

I think the LC job is the better job when compared to Cathedral.

Cathedral goes off the radar for several weeks during the regular season, while LC Plays a big, marquee game every week.  The talent there is off the charts.  I hope he stays.  

• Upvote 2

I would say after seeing many Warren IEFA, Stoneybrook, Raymond Park and Creston games over the past few years, there's zero shortage of athletes coming into the Warren HS program and I would argue, they have more than anyone.  My perception would be they have quite a bit more than the Lawrences.  The athlete pool is huge but it does take more than just being a great athlete to become "talent" that will help at the HS level.  Warren will be just fine I think.

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

The connection Coach Peebles has to Cathedral are: He was a a coach (Assistant and Offensive CoOrdinator) at Cathedral for 10 years (Prior to becoming HC at Southport). He also is a Cathedral graduate and was a player for the 1986 3A State Champion Cathedral football team.

Coach West, Coach Moore, and Coach Kirschner are all terrific coaches in the MIC. Coach Peebles is an excellent Head Coach (only in his 2nd year coaching in the MIC). He did an outstanding job totally rebuilding Southport after he took over in 2005. I think some don't really understand what he did at Southport from 1996-2004 Southport was 15-67. His first 3 seasons they went 1-9, 0-10, and 1-9 while he was rebuilding it. Then in 2008 they went 9-2, had a couple of 5-5 seasons but his last 3 seasons he really had them in the right direction.

I think he has a done a great job at LC so far and keeping them headed in the right direction. While he may be behind Coach Moore, Coach Kirschner, and Coach West he is one of the top coaches in the MIC.

No doubt! He has made LC relevant again and had Southport at the highest level he could get them. He's definitely one of the best in the game, I meant no disrespect to him.

Ben Davis will probably move back a couple of rungs, but the JV was undefeated. You also can't beat the experience of playing late in November. I'd say the Giants will win more than they lose again next year.

Warren is the odds on favorite. Carmel and Center Grove has some young people that got a lot of experience this year. I doubt LC steps back too far. Pike tries to sustain its successes. NC and LN continue to fight from below as decent/improving programs in a brutal conference.

Posted (edited)

I'm back. From what I've seen, Warren Central looks for its ninth football title this season. The Warriors return much of their team and have a few transfers. I expect them to be number one to start the season.  I look forward to a great football season. Thanks and as always, Go Warriors!!!!

Edited by WC Warrior

6 hours ago, WC Warrior said:

I'm back. From what I've seen, Warren Central looks for its ninth football title this season. The Warriors return much of their team and have a few transfers. I expect them to be number one to start the season.  I look forward to a great football season. Thanks and as always, Go Warriors!!!!

With all due respect to the Warriors  BD should be #1 to start the season and remain there till someone beats them.

18 minutes ago, warren05 said:

With all due respect to the Warriors  BD should be #1 to start the season and remain there till someone beats them.

Like the Warriors will beat them in Week 5 at Warren Central.

1 hour ago, WC Warrior said:

Like the Warriors will beat them in Week 5 at Warren Central.

Well if they stay undrafted till then and the Warriors are able to get past them with a win then I think warren can have a good argument to be #1

21 hours ago, WC Warrior said:

Who are the transfers you are referring too?

2 hours ago, Warren07 said:

Who are the transfers you are referring too?

They got Roman Purcell from Cathedral. He was a quarterback for the Irish.

Posted (edited)

Sigh, another example of the rich getting richer.  This has become ridiculous.

What happened to kids playing to defend/support their backyard, hometowns?

Tubby Smith may have gotten canned for his remarks but he’s right,

”Don’t like the coach?”  Transfer.

”Not getting enough playing time?”  Transfer.

And spare me the “you don’t know the situation” card.  His father was very vocal on these very boards last fall...

Back to the original topic though, the blue bloods (Carmel, WC, BD and CG) will do their thing and are all capable contenders.

LC is in that second tier all alone in my opinion and is knocking on the door.  Coaching change will be intriguing.

NC, LN and Pike will continue to improve but their record may not indicate it to the naked eye.

The gap between the haves and the have nots is continuing to grow from both a socioeconomic standpoint and with all of these “transfers.”

Edited by Temptation
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

Sigh, another example of the rich getting richer.  This has become ridiculous.

What happened to kids playing to defend/support their backyard, hometowns?

Tubby Smith may have gotten canned for his remarks but he’s right,

”Don’t like the coach?”  Transfer.

”Not getting enough playing time?”  Transfer.

And spare me the “you don’t know the situation” card.  His father was very vocal on these very boards last fall...

Back to the original topic though, the blue bloods (Carmel, WC, BD and CG) will do their thing and are all capable contenders.

LC is in that second tier all alone in my opinion and is knocking on the door.  Coaching change will be intriguing.

NC, LN and Pike will continue to improve but their record may not indicate it to the naked eye.

The gap between the haves and the have nots is continuing to grow from both a socioeconomic standpoint and with all of these “transfers.”

If I'm not mistaken I believe Roman lives in Warren Township.

• Upvote 1