• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
rdpfootball

Best Chances for 2018 Title

Recommended Posts

Lake Central will not win 6A next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/1/2017 at 1:03 AM, Dan Jones said:

New Palestine should be better in 2018 then they were this year.  And they were a top 6-8 team in 5A this year.

Dragons return 9 starters on offense, including QB, RB, and their entire offensive line.  They also return 7 starters on defense.  And their kicker and punter.

Not to mention a big name move in . . . 

Edited by CaptainHook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, WarriorFan said:

I think Danville will be a solid football team next season. Yes, they do lose Stevens, Burton, Hiland, Plant, and some other playmakers on defense. But the proverbial cupboard is not bare. Coach Woods will have this team ready to go come week 1. It will be fun to watch how he, and the rest of the coaching staff, can get this team to gel and become the team they want them to be.

It helps they have a D1 Caliber QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Really????

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yep

I know good man.  I LOVE my blue and white, but they just are not there yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I know good man.  I LOVE my blue and white, but they just are not there yet.

I've always had lots of respect for LC and the 6A region schools, but with Penn and the MIC schools, winning state is a tall order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gipper said:

I've always had lots of respect for LC and the 6A region schools, but with Penn and the MIC schools, winning state is a tall order.

I know it is well over 20 years, but we made the title game in 93 and faced BHSS.  Portage made it in 94 facing Castle.  Valpo made it in 01 and lsot to BD.  It can happen.  I wonder why the region big schools haven't consistently competed at the state level.  

For example....when I coached at CP in 11, we traveled to play Penn.  Played them pretty close.  Believe we lost 20-3.  Penn goes to state and gets blown out by Carmel (if memory serves).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM, WC Warrior said:

I like Warren Central's chances here. The Warriors return much of their team next year. Ben Davis loses 55 seniors from its state championship team.

55 seniors.... every time I've seen that since Regionals last fall I'm amazed.  Crazy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

when that happens and nothing changes up north, you bet that sectional with Eastbrook, Rensselaer, Cass, and Pioneer!!!     DOOZY!!!  

 Geez Louise, that's absolutely stacked. Add in Rochester and maybe a Winamac or Tipton and this forum will have enough seeding or all-in vs qualification tourney topics to last a few years. 

On 3/8/2018 at 10:22 PM, BTB30 said:

1A- PIONEER and everyone else

2A- WEBO or Mater Dei. Southridge and Tipton have a shot too.  Southridge lost a lot for a 2A school but has a strong group of rising sophomores  

3A- MEMORIAL, Danville or Guerin. 

4A- EAST CENTRAL and Lowell  

5A-  COLUMBUS EAST or Cathedral.  Zionsville could be a dark horse. New Pal too it if can find a way past Columbus East in the sectional.  CE will have a different look but should be a very solid bunch  

6A- WARREN CENTRAL, Carmel, CG or Avon...Its too early to tell with BD and LC.  Columbus North probably doesn’t have a great shot but could make things leading up to LOS interesting.  6A has the fewest teams but may have the most possibilities. Warren probably has the deepest roster if that becomes a factor. Carmel and Avon should both be very good defensively.  On offense the top teams seem to have the most consistency at RB. Many will have new QBs, WR’s or both.  Warren looks to have the most back in offensive skilled positions...ironically Dean Tate played both QB and WR at times and will be missed but they do return the leading passer, rusher and receiver. 

Gotta include West Lafayette in 3A led by 4 star Purdue recruit George Karlaftis and younger brother Yanni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, CaptainHook said:

Dragons return 9 starters on offense, including QB, RB, and their entire offensive line.  They also return 7 starters on defense.  And their kicker and punter.

Not to mention a big name move in . . . 

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Andy G said:

 Geez Louise, that's absolutely stacked. Add in Rochester and maybe a Winamac or Tipton and this forum will have enough seeding or all-in vs qualification tourney topics to last a few years. 

Gotta include West Lafayette in 3A led by 4 star Purdue recruit George Karlaftis and younger brother Yanni.

Yep...every good 3A conversation should included West Lafayette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, CaptainHook said:

Dragons return 9 starters on offense, including QB, RB, and their entire offensive line.  They also return 7 starters on defense.  And their kicker and punter.

Not to mention a big name move in . . . 

Sounds like there could be some unhappy returners if said move in takes a spot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, CaptainHook said:

Dragons return 9 starters on offense, including QB, RB, and their entire offensive line.  They also return 7 starters on defense.  And their kicker and punter.

Not to mention a big name move in . . . 

Problem with New Pal is depth.. they usually have half of the players your top 5A programs have. I see them moving down to 4A after this year. Being in the North might help them to accumulate enough points to stay, had they still been in the South they would have an extremely hard time getting any points to stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Problem with New Pal is depth.. they usually have half of the players your top 5A programs have. I see them moving down to 4A after this year. Being in the North might help them to accumulate enough points to stay, had they still been in the South they would have an extremely hard time getting any points to stay. 

Oh, I agree.  Depth is an issue.  And being sent North was definitely nice.  Should be deeper than last year, as senior class only had 7 players.  But combining a talented junior class with a deep sophomore class that got a lot of playing time last year bodes well for this year.  Solid freshman class.  And the 8th grade class was the biggest group of football players ever at the middle school level . . . so hopefully there will be a little more depth in 2018.

 

They were not in Cathedral or Columbus East's class last year.  May not be this year.  Time will tell.  But they were WAY better than I expected them to be last year.  Hopefully that means good things for the upcoming season.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 10:26 AM, BigTimeDB said:

I think Webo will be solid but they do graduate 17 seniors this year.  That class had some athletes and size.  With that, they do return a number of talented skill players who saw a lot of playing time this year and they have some younger linemen who will continue to benefit from Webo's solid,  year-round weights program.  .  

 

 

I believe Wethington the transfer from Lebanon will replace Solomon he will be a junior next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, Jbk2 said:

I believe Wethington the transfer from Lebanon will replace Solomon he will be a junior next year. 

I think Brett will be a contributor.  Due to the transfer, he was limited to JV play in the three sports he played this year so he should be hungry next year.  He is a kid who will definitely benefit from Webo's weight program.  I'm not sure what Lebanon does, but I heard his power-lifting (esp cleans), had a lot of room for improvement when he first transferred back to Webo.  Solomon wasn't known for dropping his head and hitting the holes hard so if Brett does this, I think he could add more value.  This is where Miller helped out toward the end of the season.  

As I think about the rest of the team, I think Webo should be solid.  They did loose a number of seniors but then again, their combined first and second team all-conference consisted of three seniors, three juniors, and four sophomores.  One of those sophomores, Wright (2020), set the single season yards passing record.  Pretty dang impressive considering he likely beat out McClain from the late 80's era when Webo was so dominant.  By the way, no other Sag team had any sophomores make 1st or 2nd team last year so that speaks to Webo's future for the next couple of seasons.  

On the receiver side, Logan Benson (2019) continues to improve athletically.  He is one of Webo's faster sprinters on the track team this season behind two exiting seniors.  He just won indoor conference in HJ going 6'3".   Another tall receiver, Noah McClendon (2019) was basically hurt all season and he is fast for his size also.  He is on the bubble to qualify for indoor state this weekend in the 60m hurdles.  Devin Weekly (2019) was a bit of a surprise last season on the defensive side and he had some carries on offensive.  He dealt with some back issues late in the season.  He was on a potential track to set the single season solo tackle record if he could have played every game.  You also have a whole bunch of other athletic kids like Young (2019), Hole (2020), Kernodle (2020) etc who will continue to contribute.  

I don't have as good of a feel for the line but I know the Hogs have been putting in good work in the gym and working on their explosiveness.  It should be fun to see how things play out next fall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BigTimeDB said:

I think Brett will be a contributor.  Due to the transfer, he was limited to JV play in the three sports he played this year so he should be hungry next year.  He is a kid who will definitely benefit from Webo's weight program.  I'm not sure what Lebanon does, but I heard his power-lifting (esp cleans), had a lot of room for improvement when he first transferred back to Webo.  Solomon wasn't known for dropping his head and hitting the holes hard so if Brett does this, I think he could add more value.  This is where Miller helped out toward the end of the season.  

As I think about the rest of the team, I think Webo should be solid.  They did loose a number of seniors but then again, their combined first and second team all-conference consisted of three seniors, three juniors, and four sophomores.  One of those sophomores, Wright (2020), set the single season yards passing record.  Pretty dang impressive considering he likely beat out McClain from the late 80's era when Webo was so dominant.  By the way, no other Sag team had any sophomores make 1st or 2nd team last year so that speaks to Webo's future for the next couple of seasons.  

On the receiver side, Logan Benson (2019) continues to improve athletically.  He is one of Webo's faster sprinters on the track team this season behind two exiting seniors.  He just won indoor conference in HJ going 6'3".   Another tall receiver, Noah McClendon (2019) was basically hurt all season and he is fast for his size also.  He is on the bubble to qualify for indoor state this weekend in the 60m hurdles.  Devin Weekly (2019) was a bit of a surprise last season on the defensive side and he had some carries on offensive.  He dealt with some back issues late in the season.  He was on a potential track to set the single season solo tackle record if he could have played every game.  You also have a whole bunch of other athletic kids like Young (2019), Hole (2020), Kernodle (2020) etc who will continue to contribute.  

I don't have as good of a feel for the line but I know the Hogs have been putting in good work in the gym and working on their explosiveness.  It should be fun to see how things play out next fall.  

Kind of unrelated, but as a track coach as well as football I love how you put these athletes track stats in your analysis. There are so many benefits from kids doing multiple sports, especially track, and as you are pointing out, it is a great indicator of future potential football success.

Edited by olinecoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

Kind of unrelated, but as a track coach as well as football I love how you put these athletes track stats in your analysis. There are so many benefits from kids doing multiple sports, especially track, and as you are pointing out, it is a great indicator of future potential football success.

It's not a perfect indicator of on-field talent potential (i.e. Webo's fastest sprinter right now only kicked last season), but it does provide some good directional insights.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Winner of sectional 32 has a great chance to represent the south. Regional and semi state games will be tough games for sectional 32 winner.  

Edited by WhoDat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 1:05 PM, CoachO said:

Who?

 

On 3/13/2018 at 8:05 PM, olinecoach said:

Sounds like there could be some unhappy returners if said move in takes a spot...

I believe it is official since he was at New Palestine High School today.  Charlie Spegal is a Dragon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

 

I believe it is official since he was at New Palestine High School today.  Charlie Spegal is a Dragon.

Who? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, BigTimeDB said:

I think Brett will be a contributor.  Due to the transfer, he was limited to JV play in the three sports he played this year so he should be hungry next year.  He is a kid who will definitely benefit from Webo's weight program.  I'm not sure what Lebanon does, but I heard his power-lifting (esp cleans), had a lot of room for improvement when he first transferred back to Webo.  Solomon wasn't known for dropping his head and hitting the holes hard so if Brett does this, I think he could add more value.  This is where Miller helped out toward the end of the season.  

As I think about the rest of the team, I think Webo should be solid.  They did loose a number of seniors but then again, their combined first and second team all-conference consisted of three seniors, three juniors, and four sophomores.  One of those sophomores, Wright (2020), set the single season yards passing record.  Pretty dang impressive considering he likely beat out McClain from the late 80's era when Webo was so dominant.  By the way, no other Sag team had any sophomores make 1st or 2nd team last year so that speaks to Webo's future for the next couple of seasons.  

On the receiver side, Logan Benson (2019) continues to improve athletically.  He is one of Webo's faster sprinters on the track team this season behind two exiting seniors.  He just won indoor conference in HJ going 6'3".   Another tall receiver, Noah McClendon (2019) was basically hurt all season and he is fast for his size also.  He is on the bubble to qualify for indoor state this weekend in the 60m hurdles.  Devin Weekly (2019) was a bit of a surprise last season on the defensive side and he had some carries on offensive.  He dealt with some back issues late in the season.  He was on a potential track to set the single season solo tackle record if he could have played every game.  You also have a whole bunch of other athletic kids like Young (2019), Hole (2020), Kernodle (2020) etc who will continue to contribute.  

I don't have as good of a feel for the line but I know the Hogs have been putting in good work in the gym and working on their explosiveness.  It should be fun to see how things play out next fall.  

BigTimeDB the O line should be solid they only had 1 senior on the line last year. Going to fun to watch the next few years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 1:18 PM, BDGiant93 said:

Don't leave out LC and Avon is on the fringe.

Yep. That Sectional 7-8 regional could very well go through Avon again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.