• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
Sign in to follow this  
DrivenT

Highland Trojans Head Coaching Job Opens Up

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

Focused On DT's original post on "How to feed at the trough as a high school teacher at Highland".

You are throwing all kinds of crap against the wall.  Non of it sticks because it is vague, anecdotal rigamarole and doesn't apply to DT's original post.

t_179.jpg

 

We had some world class trough dippers back in the day at Highland.  I vaguely recall them all driving nice cars.  LOL

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

Focused On DT's original post on "How to feed at the trough as a high school teacher at Highland".

You are throwing all kinds of crap against the wall.  Non of it sticks because it is vague, anecdotal rigamarole and doesn't apply to DT's original post.

t_179.jpg

 

Why are you moving those goalposts Night Hawk?  Is that your Dad there with you?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

We had some world class trough dippers back in the day at Highland.  I vaguely recall them all driving nice cars.  LOL

Key word...vaguely. LOL

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Why are you moving those goalposts Night Hawk?  Is that your Dad there with you?

When all is lost...go personal.  

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

When all is lost...go personal.  

Just following your example, Chief.   Why are you so lost?

 

2 hours ago, Coach_G said:

How do these connect in anyway to DT's comments?  These are leadership issues, not whether it's ethical for a teacher to take on additional duties to aid children for compensation, which was DT's point.  

An organization tends to rot from the head down.  And there are some rotten government school corporations out there.

Edited by Muda69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Just following your example, Chief.   Why are you so lost?

 

Not so.  Nor do I call others cute little nicknames.  You have derailed another thread.  Time to move on.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Night Hawk said:

Not so.  Nor do I call others cute little nicknames.  You have derailed another thread.  Time to move on.

Thank you @Night Hawk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No updates on the Highland job.  From a local/Region perspective,  I get the feeling that this job is toxic, for the following reasons:

1. You cant win.  Highland does not have the athletes , or the capability to develop athletes, to compete against its peers in the NCC.

2. Administrative turmoil and micromanagement - that is the perception looking in from the outside.  Who wants to deal with that?

3. No financial investment in the program - the admin has no motivation nor inclination to invest in upgrading its football program. 

4. Mediocrity is the expectation - coaches want to win.  Winning is neither a goal nor a priority with the admin.  That will reduce the pool of candidates considerably.

The above points probably would be accurate descriptors of hundreds of high school football programs across the state, and thousands across the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

Not so.  Nor do I call others cute little nicknames.  You have derailed another thread.  Time to move on.

I have derailed nothing, just put forth my opinions concerning waste and fraud in government school corporations.  Sorry that you refuse to see it.  Frankly that is your problem, not mine.

And why don't you like nicknames?  Isn't your GID moniker of "Night Hawk" a form of a nickname?

 

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

 

An organization tends to rot from the head down.  And there are some rotten government school corporations out there.

Still doesn't address DT's comments.  Is it "unethical" for a teacher to get extra compensation for taking on extra responsibilities that involve students?   DT has insinuated this, and Muda you have aided in that insinuation I'm asking if either of you want to man up and confirm that, or if your goal is to continue to talk out of both ends of your mouth and continue your path up hypocrisy mountain.  

To call those who make an effort to make an impact in children's lives "unethical" is pretty bush league, even for an internet troll.  

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

 Is it "unethical" for a teacher to get extra compensation for taking on extra responsibilities that involve students?   

To call those who make an effort to make an impact in children's lives "unethical" is pretty bush league, even for an internet troll.  

That depends on where the money for extract compensation comes from, and what exactly those extra responsibilities are.  

And who exactly are you calling an internet troll?  DT or myself?

 

6 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8crNROZsRAEF6kiLwWnsPPDqHWjza59nhiizZlicPluq4j4Tb

Always makes me laugh.

Nice picture of yourself Mr. Ellenwood.    Very svelte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 11:00 AM, Muda69 said:

Can you please fix the formatting in your posts? This one made my phone overheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Can you please fix the formatting in your posts? This one made my phone overheat.

 ?  Then perhaps you needs to get a better phone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

 ?  Then perhaps you needs to get a better phone.

 

Or maybe you should click "Paste as plain text" next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrivenT said:

No updates on the Highland job.  From a local/Region perspective,  I get the feeling that this job is toxic, for the following reasons:

1. You cant win.  Highland does not have the athletes , or the capability to develop athletes, to compete against its peers in the NCC.

2. Administrative turmoil and micromanagement - that is the perception looking in from the outside.  Who wants to deal with that?

3. No financial investment in the program - the admin has no motivation nor inclination to invest in upgrading its football program. 

4. Mediocrity is the expectation - coaches want to win.  Winning is neither a goal nor a priority with the admin.  That will reduce the pool of candidates considerably.

The above points probably would be accurate descriptors of hundreds of high school football programs across the state, and thousands across the country.

You are neither local or region (now). Have you spoken to people in the know presently at Highland?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

You are neither local or region (now). Have you spoken to people in the know presently at Highland?

I'm in Highland regularly.  Will be there Saturday night.  Stop by and meet me at Rodneys downtown for a beer.  I'm buying.  :02_v:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I'm in Highland regularly.  Will be there Saturday night.  Stop by and meet me at Rodneys downtown for a beer.  I'm buying.  :02_v:

 

GREAT establishment. As is Traditions!

Edited by Coach Ellenwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Or maybe you should click "Paste as plain text" next time.

It's not my fault the browser in your crappy phone can't handle simple fonts.   If you want plain text to be the default option here on the GID perhaps you need to contact the GID administration.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I'm in Highland regularly.  Will be there Saturday night.  Stop by and meet me at Rodneys downtown for a beer.  I'm buying.  :02_v:

 

I am partial to Lengels.   That double sausage/crumbled/chunk is to die for.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I am partial to Lengels.   That double sausage/crumbled/chunk is to die for.   

 

Its the same place.  Rodney Langel is the owner.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 8:33 AM, DrivenT said:

Im referencing something from back in the 70s.  Much before your time G

No knock intended.  I've just seen public school employees game the system in the past to their own financial advantage and benefit.  Im a free market capitalist and want to see everyone do well.  I am somewhat astonished however by some of the compensation numbers I have seen over the past decade relative to teacher salaries.  Knowing all districts are not the same, the old adage that "teachers don't make any money" doesnt ring true anymore.  

Actually DT teacher salaries when adjusted for inflation are less today then they were in the 1990's. Also, because of the New rules put in place by the state, a new teacher in Indiana will take 25 years to double their salary, where it used to take 15.  While some stipends are very fair, most of them if adjusted to hourly wage are awful ( mine adjust to hourly is around 15 Cents/ hr). if you think Teachers are over paid in Indian in this day and age, you are horribly misinformed.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patch33 said:

Actually DT teacher salaries when adjusted for inflation are less today then they were in the 1990's. Also, because of the New rules put in place by the state, a new teacher in Indiana will take 25 years to double their salary, where it used to take 15.  While some stipends are very fair, most of them if adjusted to hourly wage are awful ( mine adjust to hourly is around 15 Cents/ hr). if you think Teachers are over paid in Indian in this day and age, you are horribly misinformed.

I never said that teachers were or are overpaid.

I made two comments.

1. Teachers game the stipend system. (trough dipping)

2. I'm a free market capitalist and don't begrudge anyone whatever they can get

The two are not mutually exclusive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member