• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner

45 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

And cant grind out a yard in crunch time when it really counts.  That's what 2 star prospects will give you.  Cant recall how many times Lagow threw that horrible fade pass into the corner of the end zone because the coaching staff had zero confidence in the running the game to punch the ball into the end zone.  

Ok but that's not what you originally said. You said the were small and undersized. I'm telling you it was simply inexperience. IU replaced 3 senior starters (1 AA in Feeney) and started 3 SO and 2 JR. Keep throwing things out there and hope they stick, it's what you do best.

Edited by Footballking16

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Ok but that's not what you originally said. You said the were small and undersized. I'm telling you it was simply inexperience. IU replaced 3 senior starters (1 AA in Feeney) and started 3 SO and 2 JR. Keep throwing things out there and hope they stick, it's what you do best.

I hope you are right about the inexperience issue.  On paper, they look much better than they showed on live TV.  

IU ranked 12th in rushing offense and tied for last in rushing TDs this season.  No where to go but up.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/fb-confldrs.html

West will get better mainly with Nebraska getting back to being Nebraska with Coach Frost now in charge.

I agree that Purdue will be a bowl team yearly or better once Brohm gets his guys.  

6 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Purdue OL - based on current depth chart.  4 Indiana guys on the line

6-6  324

6-8 310

6-2   305

6-4  310

6-5  305      

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/purdue/91717

Purdue's OL consists of 

2 Three Star prospects

1 Two Star prospect

1 Walk on

1 Grad Transfer from a crappy 1-AA school.

IU's OL consists of

4 Three Star prospects

1 2 Star.

Bad analysis

Stars don't mean anything. Most of the NFL's best were 3 stars or lower. Kentucky had two guys make all SEC last year that was a 2 star(Brebeuf's Jon Toth) and a kid that had no stars(Josh Allen). It's funny how guys get more stars when Alabama/USC/Texas/Ohio State/LSU is recruiting them. 

Nebraska has always needed a Husker to fix the program after Zolich got fired for winning 9 games to unify the fan base. Frost is exactly the guy for the program esp at this time when it seems to need it the most. And Frost is one of the best coaching prospects in college football after taking a winless UCF team and turning them into an undefeated one in less than 4 years. 

Edited by krunyan
grammar/spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I'll take Purdue's results (better record/better rushing offense/post season bowl berth) over the supposed poor analysis.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/fb-confldrs.html

Except your bad analysis was about:

1. IU being undersized - Debunked

2. IU's OL consisting of 2 star prospects - Debunked.

You should do you homework rather than shift goalposts.

1 hour ago, Night Hawk said:

Purdue's OL consists of 

2 Three Star prospects

1 Two Star prospect

1 Walk on

1 Grad Transfer from a crappy 1-AA school.

IU's OL consists of

4 Three Star prospects

1 2 Star.

Bad analysis

Assuming that is accurate, that does not bode well for IU's front 7.  Because that group of "misfit toys" blew open holes all day for their RB's.  200+ yds rushing for Mr. Jones.  

Perhaps Purdue's OL coach is the real deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

I believe Southern Cal is the dark horse here that no one is talking about.

:17_v:posted this 3 hours ago in college forum under Boilermaker thread :09_v:

1 hour ago, Trojan Dad said:

Assuming that is accurate, that does not bode well for IU's front 7.  Because that group of "misfit toys" blew open holes all day for their RB's.  200+ yds rushing for Mr. Jones.  

Perhaps Purdue's OL coach is the real deal.

Now the goal post shifts to IU's defense.  Jones stats have gone down each season he has been at Purdue.

More uninformed blather.

1 hour ago, Night Hawk said:

Now the goal post shifts to IU's defense.  Jones stats have gone down each season he has been at Purdue.

More uninformed blather.

I simply made a comment that the OL that you seemed to discredit certainly did a great job against IU.  That is why I said credit needs to go to their OL coach.

I'm quite aware of Jones performance....but it was an exceptional day for him and the Purdue OL against IU in the bucket game.  Or do you wish to call those stats "uninformed blather"?

Try a Snickers dude....and a larger size of footie jammies, as the tightness in the belly area is making you grouchy.  

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Trojan Dad said:

I simply made a comment that the OL that you seemed to discredit certainly did a great job against IU.  That is why I said credit needs to go to their OL coach.

I'm quite aware of Jones performance....but it was an exceptional day for him and the Purdue OL against IU in the bucket game.  Or do you wish to call those stats "uninformed blather"?

Try a Snickers dude....and a larger size of footie jammies, as the tightness in the belly area is making you grouchy.  

Honestly thought your response was DT shifting the goalposts.

You completely misinterpreted my post about Purdue's OL.  In no way was I trying to disparage them.  You must not have followed the conversation thread because this would have been obvious if you had followed the convo you would have seen that I posted the info about Purdue's OL to compare them with what DT had erroneously said about IU's OL.  But instead, you enlightened us with a deflective post about how Purdue's OL did against IU's Defense.  Blather.....

Upon reflection, I am not surprised that you jumped in the middle of conversation with understanding what was being discussed.  It is a common trait.....usually followed with some sort of crude message board physchoanalysis that really "drives your point home".

4 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

You completely misinterpreted my post about Purdue's OL.  In no way was I trying to disparage them.  You must not have followed the conversation thread because this would have been obvious if you had followed the convo you would have seen that I posted the info about Purdue's OL to compare them with what DT had erroneously said about IU's OL.  But instead, you enlightened us with a deflective post about how Purdue's OL did against IU's Defense.  Blather.....

Upon reflection, I am not surprised that you jumped in the middle of conversation with understanding what was being discussed.  It is a common trait.....usually followed with some sort of crude message board physchoanalysis that really "drives your point home".

We've got some real smart asses on this board.  I miss the old days.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DrivenT said:

We've got some real smart asses on this board.  I miss the old days.  

The argument is lost when the name calling begins.

Did not think you were the thin skinned type,  Disappointing

IU's offense has gone downhill (and will continue to go that way) because they lost their 2 best position coaches (OL and RB) and because like him or not, Kevin Wilson knew offense. 

IU is on the downslide from mediocre.  Which isn't good.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Dan Jones said:

IU's offense has gone downhill (and will continue to go that way) because they lost their 2 best position coaches (OL and RB) and because like him or not, Kevin Wilson knew offense. 

IU is on the downslide from mediocre.  Which isn't good.

Agree.  I'd like to see some upside, but not much there.  Allen saved himself from disaster in the final 3 weeks of the season.  But I think it just postpones the inevitable.  Id almost prefer to see them completely ditch the pro style passing attack and install Indiana Mr Football Reese Taylor and run the Ben Davis offense.  That would at least give IU some identity on offense and a recruiting philosophy for targeting specific needs.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Back on topic. Markese Stepp has set-up official visits to Purdue and Alabama.

:17_v:

On 12/3/2017 at 7:14 PM, EasyEJay said:

Elllison and Brookins are a solid tandem plus Gest showed some promise next year for IU plus their highest 3/4-star recruit is a RB walker tho Stepp is ranked higher 

Purdue also looking set at RB with Jones for next year but I don't know about what else the roster holds Purdue might stand a good shot with early playing time 

Purdue will have 4 solid guys in front of him with Jones, DJ Knox, Richie Worship, and a hopefully healthy Tario Fuller. Jones and Knox will graduate next year though and Purdue currently has zero running back commitments in this class due to two recent decommitments. 

On 12/6/2017 at 10:08 AM, krunyan said:

West will get better mainly with Nebraska getting back to being Nebraska with Coach Frost now in charge.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:11 AM, DrivenT said:

Not sure about Nebraska.  Big hill to climb for that program.  

I agree with @DrivenT big time on this. Even though it would be great for the B1G if the Nebraska program can resemble anything close to what it was in the Big XII, I'd argue a step further and say it's a MOUNTAIN to climb for that program. Recruiting from a state that's ranked as the 37th most populous in the country [and the border states and ranks: Missouri (18), Colorado (21), Iowa (30), Kansas (35), South Dakota (46) and Wyoming (50)]  Add to that it's the smallest public school in the conference, on the far reaches of the conference...

If anyone can do it, I'll be Coach Frost.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, FastpacedO said:

Back on topic. Markese Stepp has set-up official visits to Purdue and Alabama.

Any other B1G schools showing interest?

On 12/6/2017 at 6:21 PM, Night Hawk said:

I followed the conversation thread.  You gave some background on Purdue's OL to drive home the point that they didn't have the credentials of an IU line.  I simply stated they outplayed IU on that given day, and perhaps their OL coach deserved some credit.  That is not blather....that is fact.

This is a forum intended for discussion and I decided to participate.  I'm not sure why everything becomes personal with you, especially if someone doesn't align to the way you think.  (in this case, I wasn't defending or disagreeing...simply stating Purdue OL outplayed IU's OL, regardless of their resume)

Have a drink...relax.  Enjoy the weekend and considering watching America's best rivalry game Saturday

• Like 1