• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

2 hours ago, Trojan Dad said:

I followed the conversation thread.  You gave some background on Purdue's OL to drive home the point that they didn't have the credentials of an IU line.  I simply stated they outplayed IU on that given day, and perhaps their OL coach deserved some credit.  That is not blather....that is fact.

This is a forum intended for discussion and I decided to participate.  I'm not sure why everything becomes personal with you, especially if someone doesn't align to the way you think.  (in this case, I wasn't defending or disagreeing...simply stating Purdue OL outplayed IU's OL, regardless of their resume)

Have a drink...relax.  Enjoy the weekend and considering watching America's best rivalry game Saturday

IU had more total offense than Purdue.  Your point, in addition to showing that you didn't really understand the thread, doesn't even hold  up.  Merely a deflection. 

Nothing personal, just facts.  

More psychoanalysis doesn't help.  Trying to ascertain my mental state is making it personal.  I have called you on this several times, yet you continue to do it.  I see it as you raising the white flag of surrender when you try to psychoanalyze. 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

when the oob meets main forum.   

UGH 

That will be my last post on the subject.  Apologies.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/6/2017 at 11:09 PM, Night Hawk said:

The argument is lost when the name calling begins.

Did not think you were the thin skinned type,  Disappointing

SAD!

According to 247sports, It looks like Purdue told Stepp that he only has until December 20th to sign with them or they will sign other running backs. Stepp told them that he's probably going to wait until February. 

I believe he is set to visit Purdue this upcoming weekend

Strike that:   Sounds like he cancelled visit 

IUs offense will be fine. They had no QB last year, a young O-line, lost 3 of their top 4 WRs. Starting TE was hobbled most of the time. Defensively, Allen had them at #26 and special teams were rated #8. Given time they will stabilize that program in all 3 phases. Not taking anything away from the progress that Purdue has made as well. But the so called demise of IU from its current state is rediculous.

Oh, and their recruiting class is like the best they had in......well actually, ever.

Committed to USC today. He announced via Twitter. Good luck young man!  Great school and great program. Finally came around to being a Trojan!!

Edited by Trojan Dad
  • Upvote 1

The last p/p running back (that I followed) to leave the midwest to join the bright lights of LA was Ty Isaac of Joliet Catholic Academy (IL).  Isaac, now a 5th year guy at Michigan, never quite lived up to the billing after a productive freshman year and the Trojans' coaching change.  I hope Stepp represents out there.  Congrats to the young man.  

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:54 PM, fkfootball said:

IUs offense will be fine.

Oh, and their recruiting class is like the best they had in......well actually, ever.

No it won't be fine.  IU's offense was good when Kevin Wilson was coaching there.  He's gone and we'll never see them approach what they had.  IU is going nowhere but backward.  Others in similar situations (Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland) all either have better head coaches or recruit better players.  And they'll never approach Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Northwestern and Wisconsin anytime soon.  Very soon they'll be much closer to Illinois and Minnesota then they are the legit teams in the conference. 

Congrats to Stepp going to USC.  A former IU assistant (who also left when Wilson was canned) gets a good prospect to tutor.

So, one prestigious academic private school is willing to take him but another won't? Are Notre Dame's admission requirements for football players THAT high or was ND turned off by his lingering hamstring issues?

On 12/18/2017 at 9:26 AM, Joe Kane said:

The last p/p running back (that I followed) to leave the midwest to join the bright lights of LA was Ty Isaac of Joliet Catholic Academy (IL).  Isaac, now a 5th year guy at Michigan, never quite lived up to the billing after a productive freshman year and the Trojans' coaching change.  I hope Stepp represents out there.  Congrats to the young man.  

I alwasy thought Isaac was better suited to play LB. At Joliet Catholic you could tell he was dominating based on his size.

It was the level of academics that kept him from Notre Dame and yes their standards are quite high.

23 hours ago, PHJIndy said:

It was the level of academics that kept him from Notre Dame and yes their standards are quite high.

That they are...no doubt.

But not a walk in the park to get in USC either, based on this data

http://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/USC-admission-requirements

Edited by Trojan Dad

On Mon Dec 18 2017 at 2:33 PM, Dan Jones said:

No it won't be fine.  IU's offense was good when Kevin Wilson was coaching there.  He's gone and we'll never see them approach what they had.  IU is going nowhere but backward.  Others in similar situations (Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland) all either have better head coaches or recruit better players.  And they'll never approach Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Northwestern and Wisconsin anytime soon.  Very soon they'll be much closer to Illinois and Minnesota then they are the legit teams in the conference. 

Congrats to Stepp going to USC.  A former IU assistant (who also left when Wilson was canned) gets a good prospect to tutor.

Oh look. Another Purdue or Notre Dame *Deleted* fan.