• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

Elllison and Brookins are a solid tandem plus Gest showed some promise next year for IU plus their highest 3/4-star recruit is a RB walker tho Stepp is ranked higher 

Purdue also looking set at RB with Jones for next year but I don't know about what else the roster holds Purdue might stand a good shot with early playing time 

This was supposedly known for a while that he would not be part of Notre Dame class. From what I’ve gathered Stepp loves Notre Dame but there’s some academic hurdles that won’t allow him to go to south bend. Not sure exactly what the issue is. Too bad because everything I’ve read he’s a great kid and was kind of a lead recruit for the Irish class of 18. Wish him the best, hopefully in West Lafayette!

11 hours ago, wolves on the prowl said:

This was supposedly known for a while that he would not be part of Notre Dame class. From what I’ve gathered Stepp loves Notre Dame but there’s some academic hurdles that won’t allow him to go to south bend. Not sure exactly what the issue is. Too bad because everything I’ve read he’s a great kid and was kind of a lead recruit for the Irish class of 18. Wish him the best, hopefully in West Lafayette!

This is accurate and from what I have heard ND is helping him with his recruiting to another institution. Unfortunate for both sides that this did not work out.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:14 AM, boilerfan87 said:

Nah, come on down and Boiler Up!

I think it would be come on up, isn't Purdue north (northwest) of Indy? I understand North, South, East and West is hard to grasp for a Boiler fan 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/3/2017 at 7:14 PM, EasyEJay said:

Elllison and Brookins are a solid tandem plus Gest showed some promise next year for IU plus their highest 3/4-star recruit is a RB walker tho Stepp is ranked higher 

Purdue also looking set at RB with Jones for next year but I don't know about what else the roster holds Purdue might stand a good shot with early playing time 

The entire stable of IU running backs is mid level MAC quality at best.  Central Michigan calibre.

Remember Coleman, Howard and Redding, guys who are playing in the NFL?  

44 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

The entire stable of IU running backs is mid level MAC quality at best.  Central Michigan calibre.

Remember Coleman, Howard and Redding, guys who are playing in the NFL?  

I remember Coleman, Howard, and Redding running behind multiple All-American’s in Dan Feeney and Jason Spriggs. IU didn’t start a single senior on the offensive line the entire year. Morgan Ellison as a true freshman showed great promise. The three RB’s you previously mentioned weren’t nearly as highly touted as Stepp coming out of high school. 

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I remember Coleman, Howard, and Redding running behind multiple All-American’s in Dan Feeney and Jason Spriggs. IU didn’t start a single senior on the offensive line the entire year. Morgan Ellison as a true freshman showed great promise. The three RB’s you previously mentioned weren’t nearly as highly touted as Stepp coming out of high school. 

Think about that for just a minute FBK16.  All that NFL talent on an Indiana University roster.  And you didn't mention IUs greatest strength, its passing game (Sudfeld/Cobbs/Latimer)  And the best we could do with all that talent was 6-6.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I watched the IU interior offensive line play extensively this season.  Not impressed.  Our guys do not pass the eye test.  They are short, undersized and generally outmanned by most Big Ten defensive fronts.  At no time was IU able to pound the ball inside for short yardage when it really counted.  I don't see an NFL calibre OL in the group.  Some think Cronk has that potential.  But he's no Dan Feeney or Jason Spriggs.   Wilson's recruiting appears to have slipped considerably over the past two cycles.  

19 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Think about that for just a minute FBK16.  All that NFL talent on an Indiana University roster.  And you didn't mention IUs greatest strength, its passing game (Sudfeld/Cobbs/Latimer)  And the best we could do with all that talent was 6-6.  

*offensive talent. 

Unfortunately Sudfeld, Lattimer, Coleman, Howard, Spriggs etc didn’t get to play with a defense coached by Tom Allen. There’s 3 aspects to the game of football. Doesn’t matter how good your offense is if you can’t stop anybody.

10 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I watched the IU interior offensive line play extensively this season.  Not impressed.  Our guys do not pass the eye test.  They are short, undersized and generally outmanned by most Big Ten defensive fronts.  At no time was IU able to pound the ball inside for short yardage when it really counted.  I don't see an NFL calibre OL in the group.  Some think Cronk has that potential.  But he's no Dan Feeney or Jason Spriggs.   Wilson's recruiting appears to have slipped considerably over the past two cycles.  

And again you’re speaking out of your a**. IU is on the cusp of a top 40 recruiting class under Allen this year with the majority of the top talent being OL and a RB. They aren’t short, undersized, and undermanned, they are simply inexperienced. When you graduate 3 seniors (1 being an AA) you’re bound to have a down year in the trenches.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

*offensive talent. 

Unfortunately Sudfeld, Lattimer, Coleman, Howard, Spriggs etc not got to play with a defense coaches by Tom Allen. There’s 3 aspects to the game of football. Doesn’t matter how good your offense is if you can’t stop anybody.

Unfortunately true my friend.  If IU could figure out a way to pair the 2015 offense with the 2017 defense and get the best out of their  kicking game, they would be darn right dangerous.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1

If Purdue is able to keep their coach, they should be able to go bowling every year. IU could be the better of the two every year and miss out, simply because of the divisions and the hurdles Indiana must leap that Purdue doesn't have.

9 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

If Purdue is able to keep their coach, they should be able to go bowling every year. IU could be the better of the two every year and miss out, simply because of the divisions and the hurdles Indiana must leap that Purdue doesn't have.

The fact that Purdue was able to hang on to Brohm is a huge win for Boiler football.  The west is very soft and PU can be competing with Wisconsin and Iowa for a division title as soon as next year.  I see Brohm hanging on at PU for 3 to 5 years, then off to the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DrivenT said:

They are short, undersized 

IU OLINE

6'5" 305

6'3" 310

6'3" 305

6'4" 305

6'5" 305

Ave. 6'4" 306

------------

CLEMSON

6'5" 295

6'5" 325

6'4" 315

6'3" 290

6'2" 340

AVE:  6'3 3/4  313

Bullseye-Missed-target.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

IU OLINE

6'5" 305

6'3" 310

6'3" 305

6'4" 305

6'5" 305

Ave. 6'4" 306

------------

CLEMSON

6'5" 295

6'5" 325

6'4" 315

6'3" 290

6'2" 340

And cant grind out a yard in crunch time when it really counts.  That's what 2 star prospects will give you.  Cant recall how many times Lagow threw that horrible fade pass into the corner of the end zone because the coaching staff had zero confidence in the running the game to punch the ball into the end zone.  

Edited by DrivenT

12 hours ago, Staxawax said:

They need to redo the divisions somehow. Its not going to be fun having Wisconsin in the Big Ten title every year.

1 minute ago, CGFan2017 said:

They need to redo the divisions somehow. Its not going to be fun having Wisconsin in the Big Ten title every year.

I like this North - South setup

North

MIchigan/Michigan State/Northwestern/Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa/Nebraska

South

Maryland/Rutgers/Penn State/Ohio State/Indiana/Purdue/Illinois

20 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

IU OLINE

6'5" 305

6'3" 310

6'3" 305

6'4" 305

6'5" 305

Ave. 6'4" 306

------------

CLEMSON

6'5" 295

6'5" 325

6'4" 315

6'3" 290

6'2" 340

Purdue OL - based on current depth chart.  4 Indiana guys on the line

6-6  324

6-8 310

6-2   305

6-4  310

6-5  305      

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/purdue/91717

6 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

And cant grind out a yard in crunch time when it really counts.  That's what 2 star prospects will give you.  Cant recall how many times Lagow threw that horrible fade pass into the corner of the end zone because the coaching staff had zero confidence in the running the game to punch the ball into the end zone.  

So it really has nothing to do with them being short or undersized.

If you say what you mean, you will avoid looking like an uninformed message board gnome. 

To each his own.  I suppose some still get some jollies by posting drivel.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3