• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
Sign in to follow this  
franktonite4life

CIC hoops week 3

Tuesday

Eastbrook @ South Wells

Tipton @ Elwood

Friday

Ole Miss @ OH

Saturday

*Blackford vs. Alex

*Frankton vs. Eastbrook

*MG vs. Elwood

OH @ Maconaquah

* = Hoosier Gym neutral site

Does anyone know scores for Tuesday's games?  Harrell's site hasn't been getting updated, I hope John is doing well, that site is legendary.  It's pretty exciting to be able to have teams play in Knightstown at Hoosier Gym!  I wonder if they extended the baselines so that the court is HS regulation size?  Good luck CIC teams, game of the century for CIC next weekend #1 @ #2 in the state.....

Tipton won 48-39 apparently

Not sure on Tipton game score. I know Elwood seems to get better every game.

Not sure what to think with EASTBROOK yet. Got ran off the court by eastern but beat s.wells by 20ish.

I believe per what I have seen and heard this will be your finish.

1a. Frankton- due to coaching(carroll) I put them ahead of oak hill.

1b. Oak hill Look at 1a.-better players from top to bottom but Frankston coaches them up better.

2.Mississinewa- due to schedule and playng smaller teams they should slot in right here for conference.

3a.Alexandria- better talent from top to bottom. Shooting is a (major issue) right now. If they get it together they could passe ole miss.

3b.Blackford- with move-ins and new coach could make some noise by end of year or next year.

4.Madison Grant- much potential but need seasoning. Like Alexandria their best players are very young. We will see as season moves along.

5a.Eastbrook- Had a move in but same issues not much ball movement. Will struggle this year.

5b.Elwood- lots of heart but no try basketball players. Will give there best but need help!

Young MG squad showing improvement. They MUST cut down the turnover numbers, "BAD PASSING".  Fun team to watch.

The pure sports fan in me looks forward to the Frankton Oakhill game, but I will take Oak Hill, I will take talent on the floor over talent on the bench.

My CIC take for what its worth.

1. Oak Hill  2. Frankton  3. Ole Miss  4. Alex  5. MG  6. Blackford  7. Eastbrook  8. Elwood.

Cant make it to the Hoosier gym Saturday never been there what's up with the court size?

Some random thoughts going into the 1st weekend of conference play. 2 teams have a legitimate chance at the 2A State Championship. I will back our conference in tourney play, but really hope it is a lot more competitive than football that was totally dominated by Eastbrook and Mississnewa.

If defense is the name of the game, 4 teams have started out allowing less than 50 points per game. Frankton leads only giving up an average of 42.3. The other 3 are Mississnewa, Alexandria and Oak Hill.

CIC teams are 16-12 vs. non conference opponents. Opponent records show that Madison-Grant (12-5) and Mississnewa (10-5) have faced the most successful opponents so far.

Mississnewa and Oak Hill opted out of the CIC Day at Hoosier Gym and who could blame them. Grant County fans will fill the Golden Eagle Gym Friday night.  Both Madison-Grant and Elwood seem to be getting better. This should be a great game. Frankton should be too strong for Eastbrook to handle, but the Panthers came to life against Southern Wells Tuesday night.

As for my Bruins vs. Alex. Blackford is beginning to get some notice. The Muncie Star had a nice article today with a couple of videos about our 83 year old coach, his grandsons and their cousin Freshman Luke Brown. The story has a link on another post on this site. Brown is averaging 32+ a game of the Bruin 72.7 offensive average. Not bad considering we probably have averaged just over 36 points a game the last 3 years. People are bringing up a big question about our 3-0 start. Those 3 games are against teams that have a combined record of 0-10. Saturday's game will be a test for the Bruins. It will start to answer the question of how we can do against the teams in our conference which with only a couple of exceptions will be the strongest teams on our schedule.

Best of Luck to everybody this weekend.

• Upvote 2

I think Old Bruins is dead on.  

Oak Hill and Frankton are the top 2 teams in CIC (at this point)

If Alex can get their shooting straightened out they could be a team to contend with. They are playing better D this year.

Like seeing Blackford get off to a good start.

Hope for an exciting year of CIC basketball. 

Well Blackford is for real! Brown kid has to grow up mentally but he is quick and shoot anywhere when open! Does not like being double teamed. Kid is going to be tough but still shows alot of freshman tendencies. He needs to trust his team and not try to do so much by himself.

Alexandria won a close game late but still is having the shooting woes. Their best players are young and will come around soon. I see a potential deep sectional team here. Got to fix shooting outside 12ft though

As I sit here around 1:00am I'm still trying to recover from the Blackford/Alex game won by the Tigers 58-56. Both teams played very hard and left it all out on the court. Both coaches made several decisions to take advantage of the other team. Blackford fell behind early, but was able to hang on with the ball and a chance to win at the end. So much fun to follow a competitive team again.

• Upvote 1

Blackford hosts Muncie Burris Monday night. The Olws are another former CIC school from 1938 to 1979.

Well back to having a varsity game on a Monday night, I'll be confused about what night it is the rest of the week. Lol

Good Luck to all this week. Friday evening is the most important night for a couple of our conference teams and I look forward to seeing how the week turns out.

Edited by Old Bruin