• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
DrivenT

Coaching Turnover - Heading for an All Time High?

1 hour ago, El Tigre said:

Different strokes . . . but "bro culture" seems to be working out for some people

Sweeney looks like a redneck hillbilly dancing with the brothers in the hood.  He should leave that activity to his graduate assistants.  Can you imagine Nick Saban or Urban Meyer in this role?

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So you are saying that Dabo has hurt the Clemson brand and football product as a whole? 

Nope.  You said that, not me.

Its probably good for recruiting.

But it undoubtedly is connected to the declining TV viewership and overall ratings we are witnessing at both the college and NFL level.  People are turned off by the product.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Call me old school/old fool/whatever, but I don't think the "Bro" culture is all that appropriate.  Although the right camaraderie and chemistry are needed between the coach and players, a system of discipline is essential as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

More horrific "bro culture"  Just ridiculous.  Where is the class?  This crap trickles down from the NFL all the way down to the lowest levels.  Great example our "pros", or "bros" are setting.  

As long as our adults keep enabling these overgrown millennial children, this activity will continue to permeate our great game.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I lament the loss of proper decorum between coach and player, at all levels.  Too much physical "bro" interaction breaks down the lines of authority and responsibility between the two, in my opinion.  Every time I see a retirement announcement of a Pat Parks, Phil Jensen, Rick Streiff, etc, these lines get further blurred.  It is a passing of the torch that denigrates the game and its overall decorum, rather than enhancing it.  

Real, not 'bro, coaches:

untitled-article-1414607271-body-image-1

cowboysblog.dallasnews.com_files_2015_07

mike-ditka-e1420670038711.jpg

54fe03a81ea14.image.jpg

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Sweeney looks like a redneck hillbilly dancing with the brothers in the hood. 

Tells me all I need to know about your opinion.  Thanks for playing. 

I get sick of the bro culture myself.  This picture is clearly crossing the line.

buddy-ryan-chicago-bears_1986.jpg

Edited by oldtimeqb

You guys have a problem with celebrations but post pictures of a guy who's team made a music video before they won a super bowl.

Edited by JQWL
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Sweeney looks like a redneck hillbilly dancing with the brothers in the hood

well that's classy. 

• Upvote 5

Image result for Tom Landry celebrating

He's looking for someone to chest bump here. There were no millennials around to reciprocate.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Tells me all I need to know about your opinion.  Thanks for playing. 

I get sick of the bro culture myself.  This picture is clearly crossing the line.

buddy-ryan-chicago-bears_1986.jpg

Great picture.  Shows class and dignity.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JQWL said:

He's looking for someone to chest bump here. There were no millennials around to reciprocate.

Landry had a nice vertical.  He would do well in OTA's

9 minutes ago, JQWL said:

You guys have a problem with celebrations but post pictures of a guy who's team made a music video before they a super bowl.

Sorry - my sarcasm doesn't translate to message boards! LOL

Here's another example of coaches crossing the line with his bro's. 

1281.jpg?w=960

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

1281.jpg?w=960

More class and dignity.  We Boomers are embedded with the double standard gene.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Sweeney looks like a redneck hillbilly dancing with the brothers in the hood.  He should leave that activity to his graduate assistants.  Can you imagine Nick Saban or Urban Meyer in this role?

Nope.  You said that, not me.

Its probably good for recruiting.

But it undoubtedly is connected to the declining TV viewership and overall ratings we are witnessing at both the college and NFL level.  People are turned off by the product.  

Yes, I can. 

URBZ.0.0.png

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

1281.jpg?w=960

At least he is in appropriate, professional  attire for a football head coach.

Not like this schlub:5922344.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JQWL said:

FOR THE WIN!!!!!

1 minute ago, Woody Hayes said:

Yes, I can. 

URBZ.0.0.png

Your hero, the player-punching Woody Hayes, must be rolling in his grave.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Your hero, the player-punching Woody Hayes, must be rolling in his grave.

ZINGGGG!!! Troll game on fleek, Bro!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

ZINGGGG!!! Troll game on fleek, Bro!!

fleek?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I really think that Sweeney looks like a coach who understands his role and how to reach his players on a personal level.  You certainly sound like a middle aged white man when you speak of the "brothers in the hood," considering there are white and black men in this picture who undoubtedly come from a multitude of different backgrounds.  As a coach, you can be successful with a variety of different methods.  It is our responsibility to develop meaningful relationships with the young men that we coach.  Each relationship must have boundaries, which are clear and consistent.  Nick Saban and Urban Meyer both have their methods as well.  I am glad that you know more about being a successful Head Football coach more so than the man who just won the last national championship, and has the best odds to do it again this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

I really think that Sweeney looks like a coach who understands his role and how to reach his players on a personal level.  You certainly sound like a middle aged white man when you speak of the "brothers in the hood," considering there are white and black men in this picture who undoubtedly come from a multitude of different backgrounds.  As a coach, you can be successful with a variety of different methods.  It is our responsibility to develop meaningful relationships with the young men that we coach.  Each relationship must have boundaries, which are clear and consistent.  Nick Saban and Urban Meyer both have their methods as well.  I am glad that you know more about being a successful Head Football coach more so than the man who just won the last national championship, and has the best odds to do it again this season.

I like Sweeney.  He has done a terrific job at Clemson and probably does not get the recognition he deserves.  I doubt that he encourages the "bro culture" element that is evident on his team, but participates minimally to placate his players.  He seems like a guy who knows where to draw the line between player and coach, and play both ends of the spectrum.  That might help to explain his great success.  Note that he learned under Saban.  No doubt that had great influence on his approach, demeanor and style.

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I like Sweeney.  He has done a terrific job at Clemson and probably does not get the recognition he deserves.  I doubt that he encourages the "bro culture" element that is evident on his team, but participates minimally to placate his players.  He seems like a guy who knows where to draw the line between player and coach, and play both ends of the spectrum.  That might help to explain his great success.  Note that he learned under Saban.  No doubt that had great influence on his approach, demeanor and style.

Thank you for the response. If you obviously understand the circumstances, why the utter insistence upon the "bro culture" issue?

Also, I must ask how I get the down vote for my previous post?  Unless, of course I wrote something that offended someone, because in that case...

7 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

Thank you for the response. If you obviously understand the circumstances, why the utter insistence upon the "bro culture" issue?

Also, I must ask how I get the down vote for my previous post?  Unless, of course I wrote something that offended someone, because in that case...

Because I think he tolerates it.  Doubt he encourages it.