• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/24/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  
DrivenT

Coaching Turnover - Heading for an All Time High?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Blue Racer said:

Name a profession without stain, please. 

Lol, nice attempt at a red herring.

 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daddy is going to be mad when he gets home and sees how you derailed his thread.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The TW said:

Daddy is going to be mad when he gets home and sees how you derailed his thread.

Whose your Daddy?

 

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and actually it’s “Who is” in this case, but I know you are not one to quibble over details. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 11:29 AM, Muda69 said:

Lol, nice attempt at a red herring.

 

This is hilarious! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 🙄

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 9:55 AM, Muda69 said:

Exactly how does extracurricular athletics equip young men to be great husbands and fathers?

 

Just goes to show how incompetent you are about the sport of football based on this statement. 

I'll list a few:

Hardwork

Dedication

Team first metality

Mental Toughness

Physical Toughness

Teamwork

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

Just goes to show how incompetent you are about the sport of football based on this statement. 

I'll list a few:

Hardwork

Dedication

Team first metality

Mental Toughness

Physical Toughness

Teamwork

 

Hmm. I see Love nowhere in that list.  Telling.

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muda69 said:

Hmm. I see Love nowhere in that list.  Telling.

 

Again you failed to read the entire post. You have selective vision. I said I will list a few. I could list over 100 positive characteristics football has that helps mold young men into great husbands and fathers. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

Again you failed to read the entire post. You have selective vision. I said I will list a few. I could list over 100 positive characteristics football has that helps mold young men into great husbands and fathers. 

Wow, over 100?    With that number of supposed benefits why isn't every parent putting the pads and helmet on their children?  Does any other activity have any number remotely approaching 100?

 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Wow, over 100?    With that number of supposed benefits why isn't every parent putting the pads and helmet on their children?  Does any other activity have any number remotely approaching 100?

 

Sure there are other activities that provide positive characteristics for our youth. With this being a football forum, I ironically associated it with football. I never said that football was the end all be all for extracurricular activities. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Wow, over 100?    With that number of supposed benefits why isn't every parent putting the pads and helmet on their children?  Does any other activity have any number remotely approaching 100?

 

There are other activities that provide those supposed benefits, but you would need to troll those sites to know for sure. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blue Racer said:

There are other activities that provide those supposed benefits, but you would need to troll those sites to know for sure. 

Winner, winner right there!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blue Racer said:

There are other activities that provide those supposed benefits, but you would need to troll those sites to know for sure. 

But football is the best in providing those supposed benefits, is it not?

 

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It had been tough navigating through this thread considering how much air time this "bro-culture" has been given but I am wondering one thing. Many have said more has been added to coaches plates in recent years and may be a reason for the turnover. What might all that be? Especially in High School. What has been added to "in-season" and "Off-season" workloads that could be contributing to the turnover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INDHOF03 said:

It had been tough navigating through this thread considering how much air time this "bro-culture" has been given but I am wondering one thing. Many have said more has been added to coaches plates in recent years and may be a reason for the turnover. What might all that be? Especially in High School. What has been added to "in-season" and "Off-season" workloads that could be contributing to the turnover?

Maybe instead of the workload being too much, maybe it's the person not being ready to handle that responsibility? That could be an option too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.