• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/29/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired
Sign in to follow this  
franktonite4life

CIC Hoops Week 4

Monday- Blackford beat up Muncie Burris 70-47

Tuesday- Alex @ Taylor and Eastbrook @ Norwell

Friday- Alex @ Eastbrook; Elwood @ Blackford; Miss @ MG; OH @ Frankton

Saturday- Northwestern @ Elwood; Tri-Central @ MG; Wapahani @ Alex

The conference could easily be won and lost Friday night.  I wish I was able to be in town for the OH @ Frankton matchup, it should be a wild atmosphere and a great game!  Winners Friday= Alex, Blackford, Ole Miss, Frankton

Alexandria won a close one at Taylor. Defense has been there strong point. Their shooting is below average at best. Hopefully their shooting comes around but does not seem to be a focal point of the boys! 

Edited by caliboy24

All 3 weekday games had Blackford, Eastbrook and Alex beat non-conference opponents.                                                                                                            Some thoughts on Friday:

Alex @ Eastbrook --- I going with Alexandria even though I beginning to think Eastbrook may be better than I expected.

Elwood @ Blackford --- Bennett and Wilson along with others have given the Bruins fits the last 3 years. I have a lot of confidence that the            Bruins are going to finish the pre-Christmas schedule 5-1 and enjoy their blessings. Won't play again till December 29th.

Mississnewa @ Madison-Grant --- The Indians are missing the May kid and it has effected their offensive production. They must be playing very good defense and I expect them to give the young MG crew a tough time on both ends of the court.

Oak Hill @ Frankton --- I would love too see this game. I just think that Frankton will play all 94 feet of the court and will win with their pressure defense. I'm giving them a lot on the home court advantage. If the game was at Oak Hill, I would probably have picked the Golden Eagles.

Non-Conference Saturday --- I think Madison-Grant will pick up a home win against Tri-Central. Elwood will have a tough time with Northwest and I'm giving the nod to the visitors from the Kokomo area. I'm pretty much sold on the abilities of the Wapahani basketball teams. I think they will travel to the Tiger gym and come up with a victory.

Alexandria vs Eastbrook- I believe Alexandria takes this one in a low scoring affair.

Elwood vs blackford- Elwood plays with alot of heart but blackford will be to much for them.

Oak hill vs frankton- I give the edge to Frankton at home in  barn burner.

Saturday could be rough for our cic boys. 

Edited by caliboy24

Things around the conference went mostly as many of us expected tonight. The Harrell site has a good post that updated the Frankton win. Sounds like a great game as we expected. 

The Blackford/Elwood game continued the renewed interest in Bruin basketball. A nice crowd was on hand and appreciated the action on the court. Luke Brown had a slow start from the field, but JD Hoover took up the slack to lead the Bruins to an early lead. JD went on to score 20 points. Brandon Stroble came in during the 2nd quarter and converted some nice passes from Brown into 3 pointers and he hit for 17 points on the evening. Several other Bruins played key roles in the great team effort. As for Luke Brown's slow start, he went on to score a game high 22 points.

The Bruins play Randolph Southern and Monroe Central on the 29th/30th.

Alexandria played a wapahani team that is down a few players. Alex played their best game as of now. Shooting still is an issue but defense is playing pretty good.

Some things I have noticed about Alex this year.

10 man rotation... they are not tired in the 4th quarter

The defence is causing more turnovers then in the past

The bench scoring is a big factor in them being 6-2

Shooting problems... its the 3 foot shot (lay up) they are missing.  12 at Eastbrook   Get this fixed and they could contend 

Looking for the rest of the year to be a good one in the CIC

Giant I agree can't hit anything consistently. Defense has been their savior. Hopefully they get it figured out sooner than later!

Watched Frankton play for the first time last night against Wapahani.  

I think Franktons " pedal to the floor"  game plan wore out the Raiders  in the 2nd and 4th.

A good game between two pretty good teams

I plan to try to watch Frankton soon. I would have went last night, but I heard Wapahani was hurting. Really enjoyed a couple of match ups in the past. I saw where Mississnewa got a win @ Yorktown. Eastbrook @ Elwood tonight. I still have a lot of question marks about both those teams. Elwood seems to be playing just well enough to keep it close at times. Eastbrook seems to be looking for the right combinations and team chemistry.