• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/29/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired
Sign in to follow this  

Yes I'll admit Pioneer will be very hard to beat if they stay healthy.  But what other teams will be on the move to watch next season in 1A?

2 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Yes I'll admit Pioneer will be very hard to beat if they stay healthy.  But what other teams will be on the move to watch next season in 1A?

Pioneer 

Everyone else.

Besides this obvious, I think the south will be wide open. The top 2 South teams lost tons of talent. Interesting to see who pulls ahead. Fountain Central lost several skill players but return Jr. all state QB Nathaniel Butts, a 3,000 yard passer this past season. Also Jr. all state DE Aaron Barnett, who returns as a 4 year starter and should have a big year at TE

Churubusco return all their skilled guys

Monroe Central could be interesting. Lost both their qbs but return a lot of kids.  Two inside linebackers are very good and return 

10 hours ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Pioneer 

Everyone else.

Besides this obvious, I think the south will be wide open. The top 2 South teams lost tons of talent. Interesting to see who pulls ahead. Fountain Central lost several skill players but return Jr. all state QB Nathaniel Butts, a 3,000 yard passer this past season. Also Jr. all state DE Aaron Barnett, who returns as a 4 year starter and should have a big year at TE

Coached up well!

I’ve had the 2018 season marked for North Vermillion for a few years now. The upcoming senior class had two kids that started as sophomores not play as juniors, with a third suffering a season ending knee injury early in the year. They also lost the most talented upcoming junior, but unfortunately that was expected from a prior string of events. The Falcons did gain a quality player that’ll be a senior next season so he cancels out one of those missing guys. 

With the WRC likely continuing to trend down as a whole, I see NV making some noise in the conference and sectional. The regional provides a chance for whoever wins our sectional to advance to semi-state. I don’t think double digit wins will be out of the question if the kids buy in and stay healthy.

QB play will be huge this year. Hill won’t be easy to replace but I think Ellis will end up being much like Cody Wright of the state team. Not from a numbers standpoint because he won’t have the weapons around him, but from a learning curve aspect. He will end up being pretty darn good, in my opinion. 

Big offseason for the boys in blue. Best of luck, guys. 

I really wish I could say North Judson would be back to the days of old glory but I cant. Looks like Pioneers title to lose, but who knows what could happen from one season the the next.

LCC's probably a few years out from being back in the mix for outright taking 1A north, but they will still be someone to watch who'll be capable of ending a team's season come tourney time.  Next year's freshman class is a bit small ... size and numbers as is next year's 8th grade.  Plenty of talent lost this season, but still some good talent will be around next season including Dienhart, Schwartz, Schrader, Roach, Kennedy, Rogers, and Suppinger.  Up and comers to watch will be Hensley, Joyce, and Puskar.  LCC will also be looking for a kicker.  The last three have come from other sports ... Bouggy from tennis and Millazzo and Taylor from soccer.  Soccer team finished with back-to-back sectional titles the past two years, so I'm sure there's a good leg over there somewhere.

Next year's 7th grade class looks strong ... size and numbers.  Decent building foundation coming through.  Trick in the short-term, and long-term, will be picking up a coach that buys in and motivates.  The right coach could certainly speed things up a bit.  

10 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Panthers have to replace TE both tackles and guard on offense and DE and safety on defense.

Next man up!

Thats where the program is right now at this point in time.

That will change in another year.

10 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Panthers have to replace TE both tackles and guard on offense and DE and safety on defense.

The Greater Royal Center- Metro area seems to be fertile ground for raising linemen 

• Upvote 1