• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
dave mosbey

Heritage Hills 6-0 at Evansville Memorial 3-2

This will be the 32nd meeting between Heritage Hills and Evansville Memorial and Tigers lead the series 16-15.  Heritage Hills come in with a 6-0 record and Memorial is currently 3-2 but has a game on Tuesday against Boonville before this game. The Tigers have played the tougher schedule with both losses coming at the hands of unbeaten teams.

Last season Memorial defeated HH 62-60 in overtime and both teams return key additions from those teams.

Heritage Hills is led in scoring by Murray Becher 20.5 ppg, Scherry 12.5 ppg, Sisley 11.3 ppg and Mitchel Becher 10.0 ppg.

Memorial is led by Devault 16.2 ppg, Penn 13.6 ppg , Combs 9.6 ppg and Lindauer 8.8 ppg.

Heritage Hills 5th starter Cade Jones has only scored 4 points this year so far but is the teams top defender and I'm guessing he will be guarding Penn in this matchup..

Only one common opponent Mount Vernon who Memorial defeated 74-47 and Heritage Hills defeated 72-38.

This will be a good read on where HH is really at this stage of the year.  I like their personnel because they have good size and pretty good athleticism. I like Jones. He is good kid and good athlete, but I don't know if he is quickness to stay in front of Penn, but his physicality may help slow him down. It will be interesting to see. Either way a good test for HH and if they pull off the win in my eyes they are definitely for real this year not that one game makes or breaks a team early. I just tells me they should be able to compete with most teams in the area.

I would love to see us win but feel we will have a good season regardless of outcome of this game then next year and year after watch out.We are still really young starting a Freshman, 2 Sophomores, a Junior and a Senior that missed all of last season. 6th man has 1½  years starting experience but only played 3 games since returning from knee surgery so were a team that should improve as the year progresses.

Not sure how fast Penn is but Dylan Kelly of SS is pretty quick and last year he went off on us scoring 30 + but most of the points came in the first 3 quarters in the 4th they switched Jones on him and he was limited to 2 field goal attempts and two free throw attempts.

Yes its a tough test but were off to our best start since the 03-04 season and top 3 scorers are sophomores and a freshman so as a fan I feel pretty good about the rest of the season.

One thing HH needs to improve on is free throw shooting  because pretty much everyone has struggled and we can't afford that in a big game like this.

Exciting game HH led 17-14 after the first quarter, It was Memorial 36-34 at halftime, After 3 quarters Memorial led 55-45 and the final was Memorial 71 Heritage Hills 69.

Not sure scoring for Memorial but Patriots seemed to do a good job on Devault and Penn but others seemed to pick up the slack.

HH scoring: Murray Becher 21, Simon Scherry 16, Blake Sisley 13, Mitchel Becher 11, Carter Meunier 6 and Cole Sigler 2. I don't keep track of rebounds but saw a tweet that said Blake Sisley also had 12 rebounds and 3 blocks in addition to the 13 points. Blake also played great D on the 6'10 Devault.

JV won in overtime 48-45 to improve to 7-0.

I stand corrected Penn did get his average just read a tweet that said he had 13 points. 

I had Lindauer leading Memorial with 14.  Penn and Allen each had 13, Combs had 12 and DeVault had 8. 

Allen was the big surprise from a scoring standpoint.  He came in averaging 3.3 per game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bcaster said:

I had Lindauer leading Memorial with 14.  Penn and Allen each had 13, Combs had 12 and DeVault had 8. 

Allen was the big surprise from a scoring standpoint.  He came in averaging 3.3 per game.

I can't find a Allen listed on the roster .... Herald had Memorial Lindauer 14, Evans 13, Penn 13, Combs 12, Devault 8, Niehaus 4, Hart 4, Graham 3.