• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/29/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired
Sign in to follow this  
franktonite4life

CIC week 5-ish

Tuesday

Frankton beat Wapahani 86-71

Miss beat Yorktown 37-33

Wednesday

Eastbrook @ Elwood

OH @ Western

Friday

Shenandoah @ Frankton

Thursday

Westfield @ Frankton

Friday

Randolph Southern @ Blackford

Saturday

Blackford @ Monroe Cent

Delta @ Alex

Edited by franktonite4life
forgot title

Frankton won a pretty competitive game. Game was close early but hung around double digits into the 3rd. Neither team was on fire shooting but I believe both defenses where part of that. Don't know what rebound deferential was but frankton was nlmuch more aggressive on the boards. Shenendoah did expose Franktons weekness down low guarding the dribble drive layups

I made the trip from Hartford City to check out the Eagles. They looked very good against a decent opponent. As you say both defenses were pretty good. Frankton put a run together at the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd quarter got them on top and set the pace for the rest of the game. Frankton definitely controlled the boards and this had a big impact on the game. As the Radiers fought to come back Frankton got the shots to fall and Shenadoah just managed to bounce several off the rim.

it will take a very good team having a very good night to put one in the Frankton loss column. 

• Upvote 1

I saw that Oak Hill put it on MG this morning in the Grant 4 Tourney. I believe it was 78-39.

Im disappointed that I missed the 2nd game. Eastbrook 83-81 over Mississnewa. A real shootout with Ryan Mansberger hitting for 45 points.

Oak Hill faces Eastbrook tonight for the Grant 4 Championship. Will be interesting to hear if they can hang with the highly rated Eagles.

Please send your thoughts and prayers towards the Frankton Eagles Basketball family/community.  They lost Coach Hatzell suddenly yesterday, he was an assistant coach for the boys basketball team as well as a teacher at FHS, his son is on the current team also.  : (

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about this. I attended the Shenadoah game Friday night. Frankton is obviously a close knit community that has lost a part of their community.

The Bruins get back into action vs. Randolph Southern on Friday and at Monroe Central on Saturday. I really fear Monroe Central. After a couple early wins they have struggled the last couple of weeks. The Nash kid puts up big numbers. If his teammates make contributions on the offensive end the Bruins may face their biggest test since the loss to Alex. 

Oak Hill easily won the Grant 4 last week, but will be put in a situation on Saturday that will have all the challenges of a deep run in the state tourney. They face host New Castle in the morning round of the Hall of Fame Tourney and either Bloomington South or Floyd Central in the evening. A lot of people feel like they will be hit by 2 loses, but competition like this should make them better later in the season. Good Luck to the Golden Eagles.

Delta at Alex should be a very good game. Delta has not lost since the opening game. 

Delta vs Alexandria ended up a decent game that went into overtime. Delta's best player had an ankle injury. He wanted to comeback but barely could walk off court. Delta is a quick starting team but fall off as the game goes on. 

Alex got alot of help off the bench. Still got to find and or work on shooting. They did not look good till end of 3rd.

I thought the Delta-Alex game would be a good one, but gave the edge to Alex because of the home court advantage.

Oak Hill had a big challenge today, but dispite the 2 loses they may be the winner in the long run. New Castle is just flat out good. Oak Hill couldn't overcome a poor start, but showed flashes of good play. I haven't watched the consolation game yet, but Floyd Central has an impressive resume and to take them to overtime was an accomplishment.

Blackford had another good weekend to raise their record to 7-1. Wins came against  Randolph Southern at home and at Monroe Central 69-68 tonight. Luke Brown and JD Hoover lead the offense. Friday it was Hoover with 25 and Brown with 24. Saturday Hoover hit for 18 points. Brown hit the game winning free throw with 10 seconds left to play for his 48th point of the game. That point broke an individual game record of 47 points held since the 90-91 season by Ryan Taylor vs. Wabash.

The Bruins have played a much tougher schedule before Christmas over the years, but are still pleased with the best start in school history at 7-1. The previous best start was tied last night and went all the way back to the 70-71 season.

Blackford hosts Madison-Grant next Friday.

The Madison County Tourney takes over for most of the CIC teams this week. The Pendledon Heights game at Frankton could well be for the championship. There is no clear cut favorite in this one. I look for the Eagles to win in a close one.

Alex got a nice draw and will likely blow Anderson Prep out of the gym. Anderson is the obvious favorite as they host Elwood. I'd like to see the Panthers upset the Indians, but Elwood is probably only good enough to keep it close in what has become a hard luck season for them.

The Eastbrook Panthers travel to Muncie Burris tonight and continue to improve as they adjust to some changes from last year.

Alexandria had practice against APA. Got to play alot of subs early.

Pendleton beat Frankton in a tight game.

Anderson beat up on Elwood.

Lapel beat up Liberty Christian.

Not sure what to think of Pendleton. Lapel beat them bad early in the year but they seem to have found their way since. Alexandria shooting is streaky but seems to be getting better. I am taking Alexandria in an overtime upset!

Last time Lapel and Anderson played it was close. Records aside I think Anderson has better athletes. I believe Lapel is more polished (coaching). I think Lapel wins this by 6-10..

Good luck to all CIC teams playing this weekend.

Pendleton looked very good in the first game. Score was never in question. Alex couldn' stop the drive. Pendleton was alot more athletic and worked harder on the boards.

Anderson vs Lapel just started.

Anderson vs Lapel was no contest either. Anderson led by double digits and held it most of the game. Anderson was much more athletic. Lapel shot the ball better but Anderson played above the rim.

Anderson plays Pendleton in championship. I will take Anderson.

Lapel plays Alexandria in 3rd place game. Depends what Alex team shows up. I will take Lapel.

Only 1 CIC game on tap this weekend. Blackford just got by last Saturday in and emotional game @ Monroe Central. Freshman Luke Brown set the all-time state individual game scoring record by a Freshman with a 48 point effort. The Bruins kinda trade places with Madison-Grant in the league basement. I've seen their kids play in Jr Hi and if they keep their heads together and learn from there Freshmen experience they have a good future. As for Friday another good home crowd expect the Bruins to continue their winning ways.

The other game on Friday is Oak Hill at Peru. I assume this is a big rivalry. It will be enteresting to see how the Eagles fair in this game and their long road trip to Frankford KY on Saturday where they face Covington Catholic. I personally think last week's experience at the Hall of Fame games will pay them benefits before season's end.

Other Saturday games include Eastbrook at Cowan which I feel the Panthers will win by around 10 points. Northfield at Madison-Grant which I give the nod to MG. Taylor will travel to Mississnewa where I'm picking the Indians. I feel the Alex-Lapel game is a toss-up. 

Good Luck to all the conference teams this weekend.

Posted (edited)

Madison-Grant fans are to be commended. Dispite the couple of wins they brought a good contingent of fans and were rewarded by a good effort from their young team. They hit 14 3's 9 of them from junior Tucker Robertson to hang on against a Bruin team that put on another fine offensive effort.

Freshmen Luke Brown again burned the nets with 35 points and several assists. JD Hoover added 18 points dispite sitting out a lot of the 1st half in foul trouble.Brandon Stroble added 11 in a real team effort. A large Bruin crowd made a lot of noise appreciating the team play as the Bruins raised their record to 8-1.

The final was Blackford 85 Madison-Grant 65.

Edited by Old Bruin

Alexandria had a tough game tonight! Came out and played well in the first half. 2nd half (3rd) they struggled. Then had a spirt in the 4th. Ended up losing to a Lapel team that was average at best but runs the plays. Alexandria is going to have to find some consistent shooting!