• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
jakone

EACS schools to get field turf

3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

The issue doesn't go away 

It only gets more pervasive.

Ehh....until you answer my question from weeks ago, what your bringing to the table just seems weak 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Maybe others from schools who have turf in already, but I do know that in the long run; over the course of say 10 years, the turf ends up being a savings. The amount of time and money involved in maintaining the grass; cutting, watering, seeding, aerating, etc. costs quite a bit more over that 10 year period than the maintenance of the turf does. I would add that getting the 4 fields done at once provides a significant savings to the district; to the point that we are basically getting a 4 for the price of 3 deal.

Plus the increase in school functions like graduation that can be held on them with no concern for wear and tear. I know schools that rent it out and make money, even one school that held a country music concert on their field.  Many communities the field is open to the public to use when school teams are not using it.  Tons of benefits...tons. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

Ehh....until you answer my question from weeks ago, what your bringing to the table just seems weak 

Plus the increase in school functions like graduation that can be held on them with no concern for wear and tear. I know schools that rent it out and make money, even one school that held a country music concert on their field.  Many communities the field is open to the public to use when school teams are not using it.  Tons of benefits...tons. 

Physical Education classes; we will have a soccer field on it as well. Marching band competitions require a turf field, there is a new possibility.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Coach_G said:

You've become quite chippy lately Coach E.  Did you get a promotion to Chief GID Admin?  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Many schools around the country have decided to shutter their prep football programs.  More are sure to follow.  Some in Indiana will surely shutdown.  Others have already.

So with all indicators pointing down sharply, why does EACS choose to go in the opposite direction, clearly against the prevailing winds?

Is it a decision that was heavily influenced by the recent success of some of these schools?  Or was this a long term planning and budget initiative?

Can you give me some examples of the many you have referenced?

I do not think the movement towards turf is slowing down at all. In 2007 when I first moved to NE Indiana Homestead was the only one. Now there are several, a definite trend up over the past 10 years. W/ EACS getting 4 in one year our region has shown a significant (800-900%) growth in addition of turf.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Quite the expenditure as we enter the contraction era.  Good thing these schools collectively have a strong competitive profile.  

Other than yourself, how many are entering the "contraction era"? Broad based statistics rather than anecdotal evidence of this or that individual school ending a football program (or use of vague generalizations like "many") would help to fortify your claim.

Edited by Bullhorn99

I heard last night that Columbia City will be getting turn on their new field

15 hours ago, DrivenT said:

NFL viewership suffered another double digit ratings decline in 2017, a clear indicator that interest is declining at all levels

The 2018 Rose Bowl was an instant classic, and the ratings are coming up roses for ESPN. The Worldwide Leader said today that Monday’s College Football Playoff semifinal in Pasadena was the fifth-most watched cable program of all time, huddling with 26.8 million viewers in the ESPN/ESPN 2 simulcast, according to Nielsen.

Georgia’s thrilling double-overtime win over Oklahoma — the first OT game in the Rose Bowl’s 104-year history — posted a 39% audience boost over the 2017 game, ESPN said. It also noted that 21.1 million tuned to see Alabama roll defending champ Clemson in the Allstate Sugar Bowl — the other CFP semifinal — which was up 10% over last year’s game. The two semifinals averaged a combined 24.6 million viewers, up 27% year-over-year.

All told, the “New Year’s Six” bowl games — including Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl, the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, Capital One Orange Bowl — are poised to be the most-watched ever. Each of those games also hit record individual viewership levels.

16 hours ago, DrivenT said:

The timing on this is a little odd.  The big football stadium seating and field turf boom occurred over the past 10 years and has slowed recently.  Lots of empty, overbuilt facilities now litter the states public school campuses.  

Participation is declining, which is clearly documented.

So with all indicators pointing down sharply, why does EACS choose to go in the opposite direction, clearly against the prevailing winds?

Is it a decision that was heavily influenced by the recent success of some of these schools?  Or was this a long term planning and budget initiative?

Good questions.  Perhaps it would have been more fiscally prudent to shutter two of the schools football fields, improve the other two, and have the schools share the facility?  Isn't this done in other states?  Why does every Indiana government high school, especially in those government school districts with multiple high schools, have to have their own football field/stadium?

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Good questions.  Perhaps it would have been more fiscally prudent to shutter two of the schools football fields, improve the other two, and have the schools share the facility?  Isn't this done in other states?  Why does every Indiana government high school, especially in those government school districts with multiple high schools, have to have their own football field/stadium?

They don't.

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

This is a fair question and is much debated on a larger scale in East Allen County, does EACS need 5 high schools at all? For the past 30 years the individual communities affected are fully committed to the costs associated w/ 5 HS's.

1 minute ago, Night Hawk said:

They don't.

List of these government school corporations and high schools please.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No.  I have fully vetted with my GID editor, Mr. Robert Bridge, ESQ that there are schools within the same district that share football fields.    Educate yourself before making biased self serving claims.  Makes you look uninformed.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

South Bend shares. 

3 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

South Bend shares. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

No.  I have fully vetted with my GID editor, Mr. Robert Bridge, ESQ that there are schools within the same district that share football fields.    Educate yourself before making biased self serving claims.  Makes you look uninformed.

I an uninformed.  About everything.   And why didn't Mr. Bridge actually give you the names of the some government school districts that share football fields?

Also, as a supposed member of the media how is the content you create vetted for accuracy?  Do you have an editor?  Just trying to get insight from a supposed media insider on how the truth is determined.

3 minutes ago, Major Reisman said:

Fort Wayne and Evansville schools do.

Thank you for the information.

15 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

South Bend shares. 

Thank you for the information.

Edited by Muda69

52 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

How many multi-high school corp. are there in Indiana?

34 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

Mr. Robert Bridge, ESQ

This man's information is virtually infallible in terms of IN HS football and probably any other areas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I an uninformed.  About everything.   And why didn't Mr. Bridge actually give you the names of the some government school districts that share football fields.

I had the names and was vetted by my editor.  It is not the editor's job to do research, it is the reporter's job.  I just chose not to reveal them to you.  I wanted you to educate yourself.  Instead you relied on others instead of doing something for yourself.  Sad.  #PracticeWhatYouPreach

Since you seem to like others to do your work for you.....

R. Nelson Snider High School and Fort Wayne Northrop both play a Spuller Stadium located on the campus of Northrop High School.

Welcome to the dark side....

• Upvote 1

Just now, sls said:

This man's information is virtually infallible in terms of IN HS football and probably any other areas.

Is Mr. Bridge in the Hall of Fame?

Just now, Night Hawk said:

I had the names and was vetted by my editor.  It is not the editor's job to do research, it is the reporter's job.  I just chose not to reveal them to you.  I wanted you to educate yourself.  Instead you relied on others instead of doing something for yourself.  Sad.  #PracticeWhatYouPreach

Since you seem to like others to do your work for you.....

R. Nelson Snider High School and Fort Wayne Northrop both play a Spuller Stadium located on the campus of Northrop High School.

Welcome to the dark side....

it's often easier that way.

Also, as a supposed member of the media how is the content you create vetted for accuracy?  Do you have an editor?  Just trying to get insight from a supposed media insider on how the truth is determined.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Is Mr. Bridge in the Hall of Fame?

yes20160256cb5de1aa85d.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sls said:

This is a fair question and is much debated on a larger scale in East Allen County, does EACS need 5 high schools at all? For the past 30 years the individual communities affected are fully committed to the costs associated w/ 5 HS's.

Each of the 5 primary attendance areas are all fairly distinct in regards to one another, which explains why each town/community wants their own local HS. I have a hard time imagining Woodlan folk wanting to play home games at Leo High School instead of Etzler Field, or vice versa. Another point to consider is the large size in land area that EACS encompasses, it is one of (if not the?) largest school districts in the state.

1 hour ago, Night Hawk said:

yes20160256cb5de1aa85d.jpg

Thank your for clarifying.  Also is Mr. Bridge the editor of the media outlet that you supposedly create content for?

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Thank your for clarifying.  Also is Mr. Bridge the editor of the media outlet that you supposedly create content for?

He only edits by GID content.

12 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

He only edits by GID content.

Thank you for clarifying.

Also, as a supposed member of the media how is that content which you create for this media outlet vetted for accuracy?  Do you have an editor?  Just trying to get insight from a supposed media insider on how the truth is determined.

• Downvote 1