• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
franktonite4life

CIC weekly-ish thread

Alexandria beat an awful Muncie Burris team. Alexandria moved the ball well and shot selection was better. 

Alexandria cannot rebound, box out nor move their feet down low. Muncie Burris had a kid that got atleast 20 of his 25 in the paint.

Edited by caliboy24

I really enjoyed the conversation on here, but have been away due to a stroke I suffered 4 weeks ago today. I'm still pretty limited due to left side in attention and vision problems  that make working my I Pad very difficult. I have not been able to attend any Bruin games since Jan. 16th. We have slid a lot, but you can't lose a player as talented as Luke Brown and maintained the level we played at early in the season. Bruins travel to Daleville tonight. I hope they can find some scoring punch and step up the perimeter defense. I have a lot of faith in the players and coaches that they will successfully adapt to recent challenges.

• Like 1

Old Bruin first off glad your doing ok and hope for a speedy recovery!

Blackford has had great year and should be happy at the year so far. As you said it becomes a struggle when a player of that level goes down. Hopefully he comes back stronger!

• Like 1

Good to hear from you Old Bruin. Take it easy and get better.  

I have missed your insight into what happening up north in the CIC.

Alex survived last night at Eastern.  A weird game, both teams couldn't get in a flow.  Dont think the officiating crew have worked together much,  their game seemed off also.

It was nice to see Alex survive the Eastern runs and not panic and turn it into a track meet.  I felt everyone contributed in one way or another.

They will have to play team ball if they want to have a chance against Frankton on friday.

Giant I agree. Alexandria's leader shared the ball a little more and kept everyone involved. They have got to figure out something with their interior presence. Very weak! Need to find someone who can rebound with 2 hand and block out. Team definitely lacks strength.

Alexandria always seems to play to their level of talent.

• Upvote 1

Only 3 conference games left, all of them are tomorrow night.  Frankton should win their last 3 games if they can get past Alex in the jungle Friday.  It's always hard to win there.  Good luck to FHS Lady Eagles Saturday at Semi-State too!!!!!

27 minutes ago, franktonite4life said:

Only 3 conference games left, all of them are tomorrow night.  Frankton should win their last 3 games if they can get past Alex in the jungle Friday.  It's always hard to win there.  Good luck to FHS Lady Eagles Saturday at Semi-State too!!!!!

Last time Frankton went to the Jungle 27 3's were made between the 2 teams. Shot the lights out.

I see Frankton winning this one by 14-18. Alex does not have the paint players that Frank ton does. That will be the difference in the game. If you cannot block out and rebound you cannot win against the likes of Frankton.

Ok after looking at matchups and seeing where the teams are headed I see:

Frankton by 18

Oak Hill by 26

Miss by 21

Frankton wins this on the boards by boxing out and rebounding with 2 hands. Alexandria will have to be on fire to keep this competitive. 

Oak Hill will use this game to get sharp for sectionals. Elwood hustles but won' be close unless Oak hill rest some of their players.

Ole Miss I see using this to get back on track and make a statement.

Frankton by 8. Frankton killed Alexandria on the important rebounds. Game was close early due to Alex shooting better than usual. Frankton controlled game from then on out. Morehead kept it close. Alex had a chance till one of their bigs on 2 straight possessions tried to press the ball and got stripped both times and that was the game.

Excellent draw for Frankton in the sectional, they're on the opposite side of the bracket from Lapel and Wapahani.  Monroe Central and Sheridan should be rather easy wins, but you never know in the postseason.

Is it true that Alex missed a shot and still got awarded 2 points on Friday night against FHS?  The heraldbulletin.com was tweeting about it during the game.

Yes it was during the very fast pace 1st. It hit the net and looked like it went through. Game was better than I thought it would be. Alexandria shot and handled ball great until 4th. Frankton played well. Good luck to them in sectional and beyond. 

Only issue I had with Frankton was their fans. Not all but a select few like 4 where arguing with Alex student section.

• Upvote 1

Alexandria is a solid team. Seem to be playing well right now. Tipton is dealing with some injuries/sickness lately. Hopefully ready to roll on Tuesday.

Would lo be to see Alexandria won but will have to put best game forward. Winner will win sectional I believe.

You would think but strange things happen come tournament time. We got upset by MG in the Sectional Championship in 2015. Alex is every bit as good as they were that year. 

Wow ...Its the last weekend of regular season for basketball.  This season flew by!  Its a strange time when you realize that after next week 75% of the teams will be putting on their cleats.  A hard time for Seniors, when they clean out the basketball locker for the last time.  Keep them in your thought.

Good luck to all CIC team in the upcoming week.

Frankton scrapes by for the win against Sheridan 56-54.  Surprising, I thought the Eagles would've won by 20.

MG got a big win over Monroe Central

Elwood got crushed by Heritage Christian

Blackford beat APA

Eastbrook beat South Adams

Alex beat Wes-Del

OH beat Northfield by 40

Sectionals here we come!