• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/23/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones Elwood:  Joe Kwisz
Sign in to follow this  
franktonite4life

CIC weekly-ish thread

Sorry for the neglect of CIC posts

Tuesday

Frankton @ APA

Southwood @ OH

Wednesday

Bellmont @ Mississinewa

Friday

Alex @ Elwood

Blackford @ Mississinewa

Frankton @ MG

OH @ Eastbrook

Saturday

Sheridan @ Elwood

Winchester @ Blackford

Huge game Friday night for CIC standings with Blackford @ Ole Miss.

The Southwood-Oak Hill game must have been very exciting. Sounded like the Eagles just escape with their feathers intack.

Frankton at APA. ... It's a shame they had to meet each other twice in a row.

I'm sure anybody viewing this is probably a fan that reads a lot on other social media sites. Good articles now online, but soon to be published on Indy Star and Muncie start sites. Also a very good article in Tuesday's Marion Chronicle Tribune. Everything about community in these articles it not exaggerated. It is amazing how this story has brought the energy to Blackford County.

• Upvote 2

I read a nice article about the surge in interest for the Blackford team.  Great to hear that they are filling the house again.

Its amazing how a couple of good athletes and a coach can revive a program.

Should be a good game on the 19th.

• Upvote 1

I agree it is nice to see blackford coming out of the basement with most sports. 

The winner Friday may be the weather. I hope that it doesn't ice up. It will be very tricky for school administrators when they make the decision to open, close or delay on Friday morning.

My thoughts if the games are played ...                                                                                                                                                                            Alex (7-5) at Elwood (2-9) ... Elwood is much better than there record, but Alex is likely to get the job done again.                                               Frankton (11-2) at Madison-Grant (3-8) ... MG can shoot the ball, but Frankton's pure speed and skills will make it a long night for MG..         Oak Hill (10-4) at Eastbrook (5-5) ... I believe this is a rematch and it wasn't real close the 1st time. As a Bruin fan Eastbrook scares me as they seem to be improving, but Oak Hill has played some really good teams since the Grant 4 and they may be ready to prove that some lessons they should have learned in those games are ready to pay dividends.

If you took a poll of Blackford fans asking them to rank their conference rivals from 1 to 7, the Mississnewa Indians would be at or near the top. I've heard several fans say I really hope we beat Mississnewa. The Saragin computer gives the nod to the Indians. That is based on the 391 schedule ranking that is a major part of their rankings. I really believe in these guys and I think they will get the job done.

Lets hope we get to see some basketball Friday evening.

Edited by Old Bruin

Ole bruin I agree.

I think Alexandria wins in a tough physical game. Elwood does not have a true basketball player but Alexandria struggles with shooting. I could see this being close. If Alexandria has fixed their shooting I will take Alex by 14.

I think Frankton is way to strong on the boards and seasoned for Madison Grant. This will be a rout by 25.

I think Oak Hill wins this fairly easy. Eastbrook is kind of a one trick pony. Oak hill by 18.

I think Blackford wins this by either 8 or 18 depending on what Mississinewa team shows up. They are definitely the team that is hardest to figure out.

Right now I still see teams in this order:

1. Frankton- still have to take them due to coaching. Had a hiccup in county tourney but should be tough rest of the way.

2. Oak hill- believe they are on the right track. Should handle rest of cic schedule.

3a. Alexandria- hard team to figure out. When on they can play with anyone. Still figuring out who and what they are. This team is young so we will see.

3b. Blackford- having a great year. Have played some better teams as of late and are still getting it done. If you can control the freshman they are very average with the rest of roster.

5. Mississinewa- very hard to figure out! Similar to Alex. Win against a decent team one day and next they get beat by 20. Slow them down and they don't like it.

6. Eastbrook- with move in they are stronger but not enough. Rely to much on one player.

7. Elwood- maybe the scrappiest team. Physical but still not great.

8. Madison grant- like Alexandria very young. Will continue to get better

If I'd been ranking things in order, my list would probably be the same.

The Frankton/Oak Hill comparison is interesting. The success that Frankton has experienced in the past seems to put them a notch above the Eagles. Frankton probably one up with desire and energy. I'd love to see somebody step up and upset one of these. It has been too much like Eastbrook/Mississnewa in football. As I've said before the best thing Oak Hill has done is put together a challenging schedule to prepare for tourney time.

The Alexandria/Blackford comparison does belong on the same line. If the game was played 7 times it would most be a 4 to 3 split. I wish we were in 2A with some of these teams so we would have a chance at tourney time. It would take a couple of upsets and near perfect games to knock out the Trojans in their own tourney at New Castle.

We still have to face both Mississnewa and Eastbrook. I think we are a notch above both, but are capable of anything against these opponents.

We are now getting the snow on top of the rain. Our athletic site said a decision on tonight's game will be made later today depending on road conditions.

Bruins took a step back tonight losing to Winchester 67-60. It was a close game most of the way, but Winchester got a lead and was able to hold on to it. They played smart basketball while several Bruins had a sub par performance. Luke Brown got his 31 again tonight while JD Hoover and Brandon Stroble just barely it double figures. Our prerimiter defense failed us throughout most of the game. We also didn't rebound nearly as well as we have most of the season. Hopefully we learn from the loss and have a good week of practice. Keep the Frankton game close next Friday and have a chance to win at the end.

I will be interested in seeing the details on the Eastbrook/Oak Hill game. Was it a close 66-58 loss for Eastbrook?

I'm happy to see Elwood get the 71-61 win over Sheridan. I think Elwood is better than their record indicates.

I hope to see a little more participation on here next week. Only about 3 of us with much to say.

Tough loss for the Bruins. Haven't seen them play but will when Eastbrook makes the trip over. Is the whole team solid? Are they big? How does the Brown kid get his points? Threes? in the paint?

Eastbrook is a lot better than last year.Had a move in from Marion and Mansbarger is playing really well. 

I agree Elwood is better than their record shows.  

Suprised in the Blackford score. Thought that would be a 15+ win for them.

Doesn' surrise me that Eastbrook played Oak Hill close. Oak hill struggles with athletic teams. If Eastbrook coach can get Capone to be smarter with the ball they could have a strong finish to the year.

Elwood beat a decent Sheridan team. I agree they are better than their record. Elwood doesn' have one kid there that is basketball only. 

Capone will learn, he is only a sophomore and has improved a ton already. It shocks me that Oak Hill struggles with any team. They should be able to run the CIC. 

Panther I agree about Capone. He played aau with my boy and developed some selfish tendencies. I figured he would be a good asset to Eastbrook.

On Oak hill I have not seen them in person this year but per video they seem to turn it over. Just don't seem super athletic. 

After sleeping on it I still have not processed last night very well. I too expected a 15+ win vs. Winchester. I must remind myself that we are dealing with 15-18 year old kids that are operating in a fish bowl. We had 10 year old kids playing at halftime last night with over 3,000 people watching them. I'm sure I wouldn't have handled this with 100% composure when I was a kid.

I knew the CIC games would be a challenge to us so that is why this non-conference loss hurt. We face Frankton and Eastbrook the next 2 Friday nights at home and visit Oak Hill February 9th. We have not set the date yet for the make-up at Mississnewa. Still a lot of fun and challenges ahead.

Old bruin you are right they are young. Every ime my son has a bad practice all I tell him is have a short memory and fix it. Hopefully blackford will rebound from this and do well in those upcoming games. I was impressed at how much more belief there is now and the crowd is incredible. 

Half the conference in action tonight. Alex will be too much for Elwood as they try for the 3rd time to get this one in. I'd think Madison-Grant vs. Daleville might be a real go game to watch. It could be a real shootout. I read where Jared May will most likely return in a very limited fashion tonight as Mississnewa hosts Wabash. Just his presence should be a boost to the Indians whom seem to be getting things together.

Good Luck to all the conference teams tonight.

Alexandria won at Elwood in a tough game. Alexandria was pretty decent on offense. Defense struggled tonight. Elwood was much faster in transition. Very impressed in Elwoods hustle. Alexandria tried some different player groups tonight and seemed to go through spirts.

Saw the Elwood vs Alex game last night.  Elwood came out motivated with the old coach back in town.  Alexandria's 10 man rotation wore the Panthers down in the 2nd and 4th quarter.  Agree Caliboy24, they did seem to sputter at times with the rotation groups.  Better to have it worked out now, then try to figure it out in Sectional.

Some good games this Friday. Wish i could be at them all.

Friday (CIC night)

Alex @ OH

Elwood @ Ole Miss

Frankton @ Blackford

MG @ Eastbrook

Alex should put up a really good fight, but OH is so good everywhere and even better at home.  OH wins by 12.

Elwood is getting better it seems, but Ole Miss has players coming back?  Ole Miss wins by 16.

Frankton will avenge the football season loss in Hartford City and win by 10.  I hope the gym is filled, it should be a great game!  I predict the freshman sensation will score either 10 or 60 for Bruins depending on which approach Eagles take on defense, stop one or stop the other 4.

MG looks to be circling the drain, I'll take Eastbrook by 19.

Alex gets beat by 25.

Elwood wins by 4

Frankton wins by 17.

Eastbrook wins by 18.

Giant I agree the CIC IS A 2 team race. Get ready for sectionals and be at full stride when it starts.