• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Grover

Kirschner Resigns from BD

42 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Anyone else thinking that DT is doing this on purpose? So that we get to keep hearing all the great stories that go way beyond wins and losses and the game of football to lessons in life? I don’t know Mike very well. We were students in a Summer school class early in my teaching career, while he was still the head coach at Cascade. We had a blast working together. It was a team building class, and seeing the energy and determination he brought to it made the class that much better. 

That would be borderline Trumpian.  Im not that clever.  LOL

• Haha 1

DT - just curious, you are a media member I see. Did you ever earn a varsity letter in anything during your HS years, or perhaps actually coach a team beyond youth league? You seem awfully critical for someone who may or may not have any idea what it takes to lead a football program at a school the size of BD. 

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

Anyone else thinking that DT is doing this on purpose? So that we get to keep hearing all the great stories that go way beyond wins and losses and the game of football to lessons in life? I don’t know Mike very well. We were students in a Summer school class early in my teaching career, while he was still the head coach at Cascade. We had a blast working together. It was a team building class, and seeing the energy and determination he brought to it made the class that much better. 

It's my opinion he has never liked Mike for some reason. He (and Tom Allen, for that matter) have constantly been targets of DT's rants over the years. Many a "DT's Dandy Dozen" bullet point dedicated to them.

8 hours ago, gapdownbacker said:

DT - just curious, you are a media member I see. Did you ever earn a varsity letter in anything during your HS years, or perhaps actually coach a team beyond youth league? You seem awfully critical for someone who may or may not have any idea what it takes to lead a football program at a school the size of BD. 

4 years high school football

2 year varsity starter

First Team All Conference Tight End Senior Year

Played 1 year Div 3 college football

Asst Varsity and Freshman Football Coach - 1 year

Pee Wee/Bantam/Junior High Official - 10 years

Sportswriter - 15 years

High School Football Web Site Admin - 1 year

High School Football Website Blogger/Writer/Contributor -  15 years

I am not currently in the media.  

5 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

It's my opinion he has never liked Mike for some reason. He (and Tom Allen, for that matter) have constantly been targets of DT's rants over the years. Many a "DT's Dandy Dozen" bullet point dedicated to them.

My primary targets have always been big schools that consistently fail to live up to expectations and show a chronic inability to take advantage of all of their inherent, built in advantages.  Ben Davis and Lake Central have borne the brunt of my criticisms.  

Its not personal.  Its all about performance and results.  I do have a vested interest in Indiana University, as I am a business school graduate.  I remain highly skeptical regarding the prospects for success under the Allen regime.  It appears very obvious to me that IU's competitors in the bottom third of the conference (Purdue/Rutgers/Maryland/Minnesota) are making rapid improvement and may mitigate any gains Allen might make in the short term.