• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Grover

Kirschner Resigns from BD

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It's my understanding that it was never planned to be a quick process. The principal noted on Twitter just last week that candidates are being interviewed and that a new coach should be announced soon.

Next school board meeting is March 19, just FYI, (board would have to approve before announcement). I have no inside knowledge of anything, however.

 

Edited by BDGiant93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Coach_G said:

BD is a great job, but it’s a unique job. BD admin is right to be cautious.  

Would be interested in hearing why BD is a unique job in your opinion.

Size of school/team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Would be interested in hearing why BD is a unique job in your opinion.

Size of school/team?

I'm sure That is part of his long list...  almost 5,000 students from every walk of life.  Probably 200 kids walking onto the football field in August.  Making sure all of those kids have a place to eat and sleep.  Creating a sense of unity in one of the most diverse schools in Indiana while this entire country is battered with racial tension (at least that's what the news will tell you).  Taking over a state championship team has it's problems, there's only 2 places to go and neither one is UP.  The list goes on, but there are plenty of great guys that are drooling to take all this head on! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

With Coach Vanderbush running the strength program I am sure the kids are far from discouraged. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2018 at 7:33 AM, Von2Rov said:

I'm sure That is part of his long list...  almost 5,000 students from every walk of life.  Probably 200 kids walking onto the football field in August.  Making sure all of those kids have a place to eat and sleep.  Creating a sense of unity in one of the most diverse schools in Indiana while this entire country is battered with racial tension (at least that's what the news will tell you).  Taking over a state championship team has it's problems, there's only 2 places to go and neither one is UP.  The list goes on, but there are plenty of great guys that are drooling to take all this head on! 

Perhaps the dearth of candidates, qualified or unqualified, is the real reason for the delay.  Very few experienced, successful head coaches would want to wade into this potential snake pit.  What is the upside?  There is none.  Tom Allen couldn't do anything right in the eyes of the media , fans and the website critics when he replaced legend in his own mind Dick Dullaghan. :02_v:Same will likely happen to whomever replaces Kirschner.  Who needs the headaches?

Edited by DrivenT
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Perhaps the dearth of candidates, qualified or unqualified, is the real reason for the delay.  Very few experienced, successful head coaches would want to wade into this potential snake pit.  What is the upside?  There is none.  Tom Allen couldn't do anything right in the eyes of the media , fans and the website critics when he replaced legend in his own mind Dick Dullaghan. :02_v:Same will likely happen to whomever replaces Kirschner.  Who needs the headaches?

Nobody needs them, but I know there are guys that will want them. 

And all of the candidates that they are taking seriously know exactly what they will be inheriting.  They don't mind being presented with a challenge.  Sure there are some that would rather be comfortable in their job, but as Tom said at the IFCA clinic, greatness comes from being uncomfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

Nobody needs them, but I know there are guys that will want them. 

And all of the candidates that they are taking seriously know exactly what they will be inheriting.  They don't mind being presented with a challenge.  Sure there are some that would rather be comfortable in their job, but as Tom said at the IFCA clinic, greatness comes from being uncomfortable. 

Coaches inherently have a "building" mentality.  Build strength.  Build numbers.  Build a roster.  Build a staff.  Build a feeder system.  Build a recruiting network.  Build new and better facilities.  Build community outreach.  Build alumni support.  All of those things are built and deeply entrenched at BD.  Somebody will take the job - for the money.  It certainly will be significant.  Or possibly an out of stater who has no ties to the school.  Or someone who wants to be a college football coach, like Allen wanted to be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Coaches inherently have a "building" mentality.  Build strength.  Build numbers.  Build a roster.  Build a staff.  Build a feeder system.  Build a recruiting network.  Build new and better facilities.  Build community outreach.  Build alumni support.  All of those things are built and deeply entrenched at BD.  Somebody will take the job - for the money.  It certainly will be significant.  Or possibly an out of stater who has no ties to the school.  Or someone who wants to be a college football coach, like Allen wanted to be.  

Did Tom tell you that was his goal when taking over BD in '04? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Von2Rov said:

Did Tom tell you that was his goal when taking over BD in '04? 

I have no clue what Allen's motivations were back then.  I believe he was under a lot of pressure due to his mediocre record and the extraordinarily high expectations that came with following self described legend Dullaghan.  Perhaps he was looking for an out and chose the small college route.  Moving to another high school would have been perceived as a sign of failure.  

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you REALLY just type today that Dullaghan is a legend in his own mind? :14_v:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Did you REALLY just type today that Dullaghan is a legend in his own mind? :14_v:

DD is a legendary Indiana HS football coach. He lacks the humility of his peers unfortunately

 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

DD is a legendary Indiana HS football coach. He lacks the humility of his peers unfortunately

Go on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

DD is a legendary Indiana HS football coach. He lacks the humility of his peers unfortunately

 

yeah, I don't see it. If you are referring to his being a color guy on the State finals games, I can see where some might be turned off. I am not one of those.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrivenT said:

DD is a legendary Indiana HS football coach. He lacks the humility of his peers unfortunately

 

Rolls eyes...moves on.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2018 at 2:55 PM, DrivenT said:

I have no clue what Allen's motivations were back then.  I believe he was under a lot of pressure due to his mediocre record and the extraordinarily high expectations that came with following self described legend Dullaghan.  Perhaps he was looking for an out and chose the small college route.  Moving to another high school would have been perceived as a sign of failure.  

You literally said in the post before this one...  " Somebody will take the job - for the money.  It certainly will be significant.  Or possibly an out of stater who has no ties to the school.  Or someone who wants to be a college football coach, like Allen wanted to be."

Then you said Dick Dullaghan was a self described legend.

I just.... Can't  :15_v:

Edited by Von2Rov
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

You literally said in the post before this one...  " Somebody will take the job - for the money.  It certainly will be significant.  Or possibly an out of stater who has no ties to the school.  Or someone who wants to be a college football coach, like Allen wanted to be."

Then you said Dick Dullaghan was a self described legend.

I just.... Can't  :15_v:

Don't you think it's possible that Allen had his sights set on a college coaching career when he took the promotion at BD?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Don't you think it's possible that Allen had his sights set on a college coaching career when he took the promotion at BD?

Absolutely possible... But I personally wouldn't spout off about something I knew nothing about.  That's all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

Absolutely possible... But I personally wouldn't spout off about something I knew nothing about.  That's all

 

9 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

Absolutely possible... But I personally wouldn't spout off about something I knew nothing about.  That's all

This is a discussion board.  Opinions, thoughts, ideas, perceptions and random scenarios are encouraged.  It keeps the site somewhat interesting.  If we deal in nothing but facts and hard results, there is little to no need for discussion.  Now wouldn't that be boring?  :07_v:

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

 

This is a discussion board.  Opinions, thoughts, ideas, perceptions and random scenarios are encouraged.  It keeps the site somewhat interesting.  If we deal in nothing but facts and hard results, there is little to no need for discussion.  Now wouldn't that be boring?  :07_v:

To each his own...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Don't you think it's possible that Allen had his sights set on a college coaching career when he took the promotion at BD?

Yes. That was Tom's stated intention to be a defensive coordinator in D1 college football.

Jason Simmons has been hired to replace Mike Kirschner.  

https://twitter.com/BenDavisFB/status/975866367365779456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Kirschner take the Mt Vernon job. Sorry if it is in the previous pages of this thread.  If he left bd and took the mt vernon job i guess im just asking why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Did Kirschner take the Mt Vernon job. Sorry if it is in the previous pages of this thread.  If he left bd and took the mt vernon job i guess im just asking why?

Get closer to his family from what I hear; also, if he doesn't have his eyes on a bigger job and the money is ok, why not take a program that has a decent football history and mold it into what you want it to be while not having the pressures of 6A MIC, national level type of job? I get it. I appreciate what he has done for BD and the MIC, and wish him well in an underrated Hoosier Heritage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Only if i open indystar in an incognito window.  Lots of times i don't even search for news pertaining to indy area just because of the labor behind going to indystar . com.  Only get a specified amount of visits  there for free till she starts asking for cash. That is where the icognito has to come in. Then when you get there the ever present pop up videos with commercials badgers you to the point of why bother. .... .. . .  . .  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should of signed up for the $9.99 yearly subscription deal they had a few months ago.  10 bucks for the entire year digital subscription, pretty good value there. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.