• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
slicer28

Valparaiso Head Coach

4 hours ago, slicer28 said:

It appears that Steven Mueller will be the next Valparaiso head coach.

NWI Times: Valparaiso High School will hire Steven Mueller as football coach

The article states that the dude is an ex Army major.  

Bet nobody gives him any grief about attendance/eligibility issues. Plus he is one of Hoffman's explayers...

Edited by tommy

My initial reaction after reading the article?

Weird

:04_v:

• Haha 1

This will be a hire that makes total sense to the people running Valpo, and no sense to anyone else in the region...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

My initial reaction after reading the article?

Weird

:04_v:

I don't find my self agreeing wholeheartedly with DT very often...but...yeah, it just seems weird.

• Upvote 2

Kind of reminds me of the goofy cliches you hear in a bad Vietnam era movie.  

I heard a few last night while watching "Casualties of War" with Sean Penn and Michael J Fox, who at 5'2" never would have been admitted to the service in the first place.  :07_v:

• Haha 1

DT is right very weird. On another board it was suggested to re-read the article in the voice of Macho Man Randy Savage. Makes it much more enjoyable. 

• Haha 3

Just read the article -- holy cow! Inspired coaching hire or spectacular failure in the making? I guess only time will tell.

Mueller is definitely confident in his abilities as a leader & coach. Not sure he has a firm grasp on the fact that the teenage football players in his school district may not be able to physically beat the teenage football players from all of the other DAC schools, Penn, Snider, Carmel...& that's just the northern 6A Semistate foes. 

Should every coach have huge goals & big-time expectations? Absolutely. But I can't recall ever reading such bold statements from a high school coach. Will the young men in Valpo be able to live up to his standards?

• Upvote 2

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-football-valparaiso-steve-mueller-st-0119-20180118-story.html

Found another article. Most of the same stuff except for the final paragraph. I am not making this up.

Asked if he was going to teach, he said: "Undetermined but this would be cool if you could put this in. I want to teach a class called, 'Dragon Slayer: How to Overcome your Fears, Set Goals and Learn about Yourself.'"

3 hours ago, slice60 said:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-football-valparaiso-steve-mueller-st-0119-20180118-story.html

Found another article. Most of the same stuff except for the final paragraph. I am not making this up.

Asked if he was going to teach, he said: "Undetermined but this would be cool if you could put this in. I want to teach a class called, 'Dragon Slayer: How to Overcome your Fears, Set Goals and Learn about Yourself.'"

Back in my days at Portage High School our basketball coach Greg Kirby taught a class called, "Making It On Your Own".   A class that should be put in every school systems curriculum.

Never heard the guy answer what is it going to take for Valpo to beat Penn in the sectionals and for the Vikings to get deep in the tournament and compete with the Carmel's, Ben Davis, Warren Central's, Cernter Groves, Avon's and Lawerance North's of the world.

What in the heck is going on at Valpo, a school that enjoyed literally decades of stability in their program ... until just recently?

1 hour ago, bobref said:

What in the heck is going on at Valpo, a school that enjoyed literally decades of stability in their program ... until just recently?

Not sure but they are not going to “Execute with violent precision” .

Will they still be inspired to "Impose their will" on the sloppy joes at lunch.

4 hours ago, tommy said:

Never heard the guy answer what is it going to take for Valpo to beat Penn in the sectionals and for the Vikings to get deep in the tournament and compete with the Carmel's, Ben Davis, Warren Central's, Cernter Groves, Avon's and Lawerance North's of the world.

I am sure it was high on his list of things to do for you.   

So obviously they said no to the DragonSlayer class 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

I really enjoyed the Mueller Era

He went out undefeated! Hard to beat that...

• Haha 1

Complete crap! This guy is a true warrior. Both Army Ranger and Navy SEAL qualified. A leader like that has the goods to inspire young adults to reach their full potential, because he has seen others achieve theirs. The myopic, intolerant, emotionally fragile, and sissified PC police of VHS deserve the mediocre status quo that they demand. But, but, but, FEELINGS!  :15_v:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I hope Marshall is prepared to hand out participation trophies after each game and find a suitable safe space to cope with losses. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Isn't it just as telling to quit over signs, as to have the signs cause a commotion in the first place.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

Isn't it just as telling to quit over signs, as to have the signs cause a commotion in the first place.  

I did not see it that way.

I am putting myself in the shoes, and would say, WOW....much worse than I thought......don't need this.

Image result for baby walking in and out of room gif

image.jpeg.7ac7fddeecbbc03cbcb52c5c2d181d5b.jpeg

image.jpeg.d471ceb4df7c3daec1e8460b83b1b950.jpeg

Edited by Coach Ellenwood