• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
DrivenT

New Coaches - Who are these guys are where did they come from?

2 hours ago, BTF said:

And that's tragic. There was a time when the thought of Snider traveling to the region to play Portage, Merrillville or Valpo was scarier than playing Penn or Carmel. Yeah, the latter were, are, and always be two of the best programs in the state, but there was something unsettling about having to travel up Hwy 30 toward Chicago to play the former. Twenty years ago I would have given Snider a 25% chance of traveling to the region and coming home with a championship. Nowadays, I'd give them, at the minimum, a 75% chance even with the long road trip.

Pound for pound, in my opinion, there was a time when the Duneland was the best conference in the state..............and that includes the MIC. And.........as stated in an earlier post............if you don't know what pound for pound means, please don't respond to this post.

Its the exact same thing with Hobart and Highland, just on a smaller scale.  Its really very simple.  The Region has changed from a blue collar , manufacturing economy to a service-white collar economy that has been heavily influenced by ethnic minority immigration.  College football is not a big deal in this area, and I think that has a negative influence-impact on the high school game.  Fort Wayne is surrounded by college football powers, which definitely boosts the prep game in your area, IMO.   Notre Dame has a similar influence in South Bend.  

The Region will likely have a few strong teams from year to year (Lowell, Andrean, Griffith (moving down in class, likely) But the areas two flagship conferences, The Duneland and the Northwest Crossroads, are relatively weak from top to bottom collectively.  I believe the better coaches know this very clearly and stay away due to competitive concerns.  

Snider is 3 TDs better than anyone in The Region, with the possible exception of Lowell, which is not really Region in the true sense.  

Edited by DrivenT

If there is to be a football  renaissance in The Region, I believe it will start with Munster.  MHS has all the tools to be a football power, if it wants to be.  Munster is the "Carmel" of Northwest Indiana.  When Leroy Marsh retires, Munster will be at a turning point.  Do they settle back and accept their position as a small 5A or a big 4A non contender, or do they go out and hire a game changing leader to rebuild the program and leverage all of their built in internal advantages?

A Coach like Craig Buzea would quickly transform Munster into a contender at the state level. 

The first step for Munster would be a move to the Duneland.  I think this move would energize the entire conference, and possibly motivate some of the other schools to step up their games.  With Griffith's departure, the Northwest Crossroads is on shaky ground.  Munster is in the highly coveted position of being the big dog and having the ability to control its own destiny.  Kind of like Texas in the Big 12.  :07_v:

5 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Its the exact same thing with Hobart and Highland, just on a smaller scale.  Its really very simple.  The Region has changed from a blue collar , manufacturing economy to a service-white collar economy that has been heavily influenced by ethnic minority immigration.  College football is not a big deal in this area, and I think that has a negative influence-impact on the high school game.  Fort Wayne is surrounded by college football powers, which definitely boosts the prep game in your area, IMO.   Notre Dame has a similar influence in South Bend.  

The Region will likely have a few strong teams from year to year (Lowell, Andrean, Griffith (moving down in class, likely) But the areas two flagship conferences, The Duneland and the Northwest Crossroads, are relatively weak from top to bottom collectively.  I believe the better coaches know this very clearly and stay away due to competitive concerns.  

Snider is 3 TDs better than anyone in The Region, with the possible exception of Lowell, which is not really Region in the true sense.  

So, really, the "problem" as regards the overall decline statewide of Indiana HS football as you see it (and talk about interminably) IS actually a "Region" problem....yet somehow a statewide problem.  

Some would call that an obtuse observation as to the overall picture......even self-absorption.  Some heretics might call it narrow-minded.  

Some might....certainly not me.  

Certainly not me.......

They tell me that there are other parts of the State outside of the "Region".....at least, there are rumors that Indiana exists outside of the "Region"....God forbid that thought.

Rumor has it that East Central HS, Evansville Memorial, Columbus East, Gibson Southern, Ft. Wayne, most all of Evansville and Central Indiana in general seem to be humming along quite swimmingly as regards HS football.  They often actually block and tackle people on a football field....so I have heard.

That said, I have also heard that just really, really "mean" people live in those places.  I will try to forgive them.

Perhaps we just need to focus on how to "fix" the "Region"....apparently....since they are the tail that wags the Indiana dog.

Please tell us what we can send that way to help - coaches, new schemes, testosterone, hard-core team Moms....just let the rest of us know what ya'll need.  We have them.

We are all here to help....simply because we love you and support our faltering Hoosiers.

Hoosiers are a loving people...we will coddle those who need coddling.  

Hugs for all those who need it too.  

We are here for you.  

All of us....we lose sleep every night thinking about it.

Just tell us how we can help.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/13/2018 at 3:47 PM, Staxawax said:

question to the admins.  If I put this guy on ignore, does that mean his entire threads will not be seen by me?  

I'm not an admin but I did use this feature.  It doesn't completely eliminate them but seems to help.