• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Football_Fan_29

Hamilton Heights Open?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Does it matter? 

Yes actually it does.

Maybe coach was able to gain a promotion within the school and congratulation was in order.  

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Does it matter? 

I think the majority of people on the board are interested in if he got a new coaching job, prompted within the school system, or is stepping away from the game in general.  Of course some people love the drama crap too. Still a valid question if someone knows what is public information, as in a news article.

Edited by wink58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wink58 said:

.  Of course some people love the drama crap too. 

That is why its not my place to say one way or another and no one else place to add conjecture to it.   

I know he told his team he resigned today.   That is what is reported.  I know Coach Street is a great guy and I am sure his reasons were for the best for him.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

That is why its not my place to say one way or another and no one else place to add conjecture to it.   

I know he told his team he resigned today.   That is what is reported.  I know Coach Street is a great guy and I am sure his reasons were for the best for him.  

My son missed the meeting due to band commitments playing at the Elementary School for the youngster's who might want to join band, so I don't know what reasons he gave. Nor would I divulge on here if I knew. I'm sure a statement will be forthcoming.

Edited by Gonzoron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have enjoyed all my experiences with HH folks over the years dating way back when Stirn and Simmons ran the Husky Shootout passing tournament in mid 2000's.    

Good Looking job in my eyes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I have enjoyed all my experiences with HH folks over the years dating way back when Stirn and Simmons ran the Husky Shootout passing tournament in mid 2000's.    

Good Looking job in my eyes.  

Got your application in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cannot beat my day job brotha!!!

That coupled with a Mrs. Coach Nowlin who will not in any circumstances be moving from lovely, Crown Point, IN.   :17_v:

Plus, I do not know if the HH peeps would be prepared to watch the ball thrown in the air by my QB about 5 times a game, if that  :20_v:

#NoNeedForWR

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is the job description for 'Dean of Students?"  I remember a "Dean Wormer", but that was a college job.  When did that become a high school job?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Is he related to Mike?

Son

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DrivenT said:

What exactly is the job description for 'Dean of Students?"  I remember a "Dean Wormer", but that was a college job.  When did that become a high school job?   

Many times schools will hired a 3rd administrator calling them a DEAN:   They help take the load of Attendance and daily hand book violations, and discipline issues that arise throughout the day.   For some bigger schools it is a lot to ask for your assistant principal to be in charge of Attendance, Discipline, all while keeping up with all the other aspects of evaluations and duties of an AP.   Though its preferred, I do not think you have to have an admin license to be a dean, but most do require, rightfully so.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our school had 2200 students.  1 Principal and 2 APs

Basically the same.  I thought the "Dean" title might be reserved for ex jock coaches who have a low level Phys Ed or other type Education Degree.  :07_v:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Our school had 2200 students.  1 Principal and 2 APs

Basically the same.  I thought the "Dean" title might be reserved for ex jock coaches who have a low level Phys Ed or other type Education Degree.  :07_v:

Ya us PE teachers just aint capable :14_v:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

Ya us PE teachers just aint capable :14_v:

Im sure you are plenty capable.  The market just doesn't place much of a value on your degree.  It is what it is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gonzoron said:

Son

Hamilton Heights' first game next year is against Mt. Vernon. 

Father and son making their debuts at their respective schools against each other. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Im sure you are plenty capable.  The market just doesn't place much of a value on your degree.  It is what it is.  

That's better.  Stay classy DT:02_v:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

That's better.  Stay classy DT:02_v:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Many times schools will hired a 3rd administrator calling them a DEAN:   They help take the load of Attendance and daily hand book violations, and discipline issues that arise throughout the day.   For some bigger schools it is a lot to ask for your assistant principal to be in charge of Attendance, Discipline, all while keeping up with all the other aspects of evaluations and duties of an AP.   Though its preferred, I do not think you have to have an admin license to be a dean, but most do require, rightfully so.   

One more caveat...most deans are on a teacher type contract which allows them to coach.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

One more caveat...most deans are on a teacher type contract which allows them to coach.  

Our coach teaches U.S. History. The head coach when I was a Freshman, Ted Huber, taught World History. My U.S. History teacher was the Hamilton County Democratic Chairman.

http://www.indiana-football.org/?q=node/394

Edited by Gonzoron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.