• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
DrivenT

IU-Purdue Recruiting Deadlock

If Purdue can win Indiana year in and year out, they'll be able to win their division at least on a semi-regular basis. Purdue actually won Kentucky in recruiting this year, getting the top KY recruit and 5 of the top 11 KY players.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:40 PM, DrivenT said:

They should sue Darrell Hazell for negligence and for attempt to impersonate a head football coach.  

And he should counter sue Morgan Burke for being the worst AD in the history of Big Ten athletics.

One thing I will say about Brohm is he seems to really embraced Purdue. It's rumored that his family loves West Lafayette, whiich is a great community and school system. He's traveled with the basketball team on recent road trips. He did recently say in an article that he loves the idea of excelling in a place that isn't used to the annual success you see at Ohio State, Michigan, etc. 

Honestly, with his offenisve mind, I'm thinking Purdue loses him to the NFL before another college program.

Just now, Boilernation said:

And he should counter sue Morgan Burke for being the worst AD in the history of Big Ten athletics.

No doubt, the Boilers floundered under Burkes direction. But look at them now. He set up both football and basketball for success, attendance is up and facilities upgrades are under way. 

You've got to give Burke credit for those positive changes. 

Just now, DrivenT said:

No doubt, the Boilers floundered under Burkes direction. But look at them now. He set up both football and basketball for success, attendance is up and facilities upgrades are under way. 

I can't recall all of the specifics, but it seems like the arrival of Mitch Daniel's jump started the upgrades. He truly understood the importance of a revenue generating athletic department.

40 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

One thing I will say about Brohm is he seems to really embraced Purdue. It's rumored that his family loves West Lafayette, whiich is a great community and school system. He's traveled with the basketball team on recent road trips. He did recently say in an article that he loves the idea of excelling in a place that isn't used to the annual success you see at Ohio State, Michigan, etc. 

Honestly, with his offenisve mind, I'm thinking Purdue loses him to the NFL before another college program.

His son attends LCC Middle School.   

point still stands, they love the area it seems. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, DrivenT said:

Maryland's goal is to become the Oregon of the east.  Nike money built Oregon athletics, and Kevin Plank and his Under Armour cash are doing the same for Maryland.  I was a bit skeptical when the Terps joined the Big Ten, but I think it will turn out long term to be a huge win for both entities financially and athletically.  It also solidifies Penn State's place in the conference.  Having Rutgers and Maryland in the conference gives PSU more a sense of belonging.  They felt like outsiders for the first 20 years they were in the league.  

I think Pitt also needs to be added.  The B1G is a lot more logical for them than the ACC.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, DrivenT said:

I can only give Burke a thimble of credit because the renovations came a decade too late, after he chased off Tiller.

5 hours ago, Gipper said:

I think Pitt also needs to be added.  The B1G is a lot more logical for them than the ACC.

The BIG will never admit city based universities (Pitt, Cincy, Louisville). They only align with major land grant institutions. I believe the next two schools to join are Virginia and North Carolina. 

This would better balance the divisions given the expected reemergence of Nebraska under Scott Frost 

East

Purdue, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina

West

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan. Michigan State

Edited by DrivenT

On 2/16/2018 at 9:51 PM, DrivenT said:

The BIG will never admit city based universities (Pitt, Cincy, Louisville). They only align with major land grant institutions. I believe the next two schools to join are Virginia and North Carolina. 

This would better balance the divisions given the expected reemergence of Nebraska under Scott Frost 

East

Purdue, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina

West

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan. Michigan State

would never admit city based universities....location of the Univ of Minnesota??  Ohio State? 

image.png.a6eecbfaa9036816fc35411e3b702ef2.png

Edited by Trojan Dad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Trojan Dad said:

would never admit city based universities....location of the Univ of Minnesota??  Ohio State? 

image.png.a6eecbfaa9036816fc35411e3b702ef2.png

Cmon trojanDad. OSU and UofM are land grant universities. 

Hug it out!!!  I get what he meant.  Although UVa and UNC (Delany's holy grail) would be welcome additions, especially for basketball, this dirt farmer is hoping for Mizzou and Kansas.

Just now, Gipper said:

Hug it out!!!  I get what he meant.  Although UVa and UNC (Delany's holy grail) would be welcome additions, especially for basketball, this dirt farmer is hoping for Mizzou and Kansas.

BTW, the University of Wisconsin is located in downtown Madison (the Badger state's second largest city)...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Cmon trojanDad. OSU and UofM are land grant universities. 

I understand they are land grant.  But your statement that the BIG would never admit city based universities.  Just having some fun.

More serious...I don't believe Michigan or Northwestern are land grant.  I believe just a few years ago the BIG was recruiting Notre Dame, which is also not land grant.  I see the BIG more focused on the quality of the school, and take pride that many of their schools are ranked by various groups in the top 25 for US public institutions.  But, you may be right in that the preference is land grant.  I truly don't know and just rambling with you.  Certainly, the last 4 adds with Penn State, Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers would indicate you are correct.

Edited by Trojan Dad

Purdue just got a commit, Chase Triplett, from the Region (Michigan City): keep that pipeline free flowing.

need to snag Kiser from Pioneer and Andrean's LB as well.   

According to INPREPS:   They are hearing lots of love for 2019 in state class that is absolutely LOADED

Bell and Sampson would be an absolute COUP for Boilers!!!    

37 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

need to snag Kiser from Pioneer and Andrean's LB as well.   

According to INPREPS:   They are hearing lots of love for 2019 in state class that is absolutely LOADED

Bell and Sampson would be an absolute COUP for Boilers!!!    

Kiser looks a bit smallish to be a Big Ten linebacker.  What is his projected college position?

Two West Lafayette DE in the top 20 players in the state?  How does anybody score on those guys?

Homestead with 3 top 50 players.  Very solid.

Nobody from Center Grove?  Slippage?

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=IN

Jack Kiser is projecting out to be an OLB in college.   

Cam Williams for Andrean looks the part, seen him a few times along with MC OLB Triplett in the summer circuits.   

Karlaftis is just so so so hard to game plan for, Woodard has had a great off season, really turned heads at some winter showcases.  Played a lot of NG for their 3-3 stack.  But projects out to DE in college.    

Not a lot of people did score on WL last year.  Western was able to get 3 to 5 yards a pop with their stud QB, which gave us some false hope as we run similar styles, but they survived that then lost the next week to a talented Crete Monee team that was able to send a strong message to their defense.   They then came out the next week vs us in the Dome and played with such an edge that I hadn't seen from their defense before, played angry and you saw how the rest of the way went.   Really truly laid an egg vs. Brebeuf.  Score with 1 min to go, then they give up an 70 yard reverse kick return td.    

WEST LAFAYETTE
2017 SEASON (11-2)
Coach: Shane Fry
Aug. 18  at Tri-West W 40-10  
Aug. 25  McCutcheon W 42-22  
Sep. 1  at Western W 42-28  
Sep. 9  Crete-Monee (Ill.)  L 29-44  
Sep. 16  (n)Rensselaer Central W 55-  6  
Sep. 22  at Benton Central W 59-  0  
Sep. 29  at Lafayette Central Catholic W 49-  0  
Oct. 6  Twin Lakes W 70-  0  
Oct. 13  Tipton W 51-  6  
Oct. 20  Benton Central W 79-  7   sect
Oct. 27  Twin Lakes W 56-  6   sect
Nov. 3  Andrean W 56-10   sect
Nov. 10  at Brebeuf Jesuit  L 10-13   regn

CG just sent off a couple studs last year, granted 1 was a move in, YEAST, but they will be alright moving forward.  

Mershawn Rice 4 star WR out of Ohio commits tonight to Purdue 

Nice looking athlete 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6605776/Mershawn-Rice

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/four-star-wide-receiver-recruit-commits-to-purdue

Purdue is in on 3 of the our States best WR:  Warren's David Bell, FW Wayne Craig Young and Brownsburg Bryce Kirtz   

A Rivals 4 Star Safety out of Detroit verballed to Purdue. Brohm is rolling!

• Upvote 1

That is two Rivals top 250 players already verballed:     Uncharted waters for us Boiler Fans :17_v:

• Upvote 1