• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning  Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller  East Central:  Justin Roden  Munster:  Leroy Marsh 
Sign in to follow this  
FormerColtsFan

Woodlan to play Ohio State Champ Marion Local

On 2/22/2018 at 8:45 AM, basement bias said:

Really? Did you not read his first response? I'm sure you meant New Haven since Harding is closed and Dwenger is more than a mile from him.

No I met Dwenger!

1 hour ago, football dog said:

No I met Dwenger!

Dwenger is in the Archdiocese of SB and in FW city limits. He's in East Allen district and the only opening was NH as he is at Woodlan and Heritage & Leo are filled.

21 hours ago, basement bias said:

Dwenger is in the Archdiocese of SB and in FW city limits. He's in East Allen district and the only opening was NH as he is at Woodlan and Heritage & Leo are filled.

The word from Dwenger he applied! Woodland not good enough anymore that he wanted to move. I wonder if he now has he lost his players and fans TRUST wanting to move? 

And 7 miles does mean driving is a problem.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, football dog said:

The word from Dwenger he applied! Woodland not good enough anymore that he wanted to move. I wonder if he now has he lost his players and fans TRUST wanting to move? 

Question was asked and answered. There is no purpose served in pressing the issue, or bringing up this other nonsense. Move on. It is rare that coaches comment on this forum, and it is nonsense like this that leads to so few doing so. 

2 hours ago, football dog said:

Where is Woodland?

• Upvote 3

Might be just my thinking, but it was always going to be an internal hire for BD unless Urban, Harbaugh, Saban, or Dabo were applying.

No, Woodlan isn't going to be upset. He's brought them back by their good fortune of Harding closing. Why beating them last year was awesome as we should have beat them the previous two years.

Edited by basement bias

22 minutes ago, basement bias said:

Might be just my thinking, but it was always going to be an internal hire for BD unless Urban, Harbaugh, Saban, or Dabo were applying.

No, Woodlan isn't going to be upset. He's brought them back by their good fortune of Harding closing. Why beating them last year was awesome as we should have beat them the previous two years.

Why would somebody from Franklin be so knowledgeable and interested in what the football coach at Woodlan is doing?

AC was up to the task 3 years ago in the game coming down to the wire. However, the game 2 years ago could've been a 3-4 TD game difference as easily as it was the 2 TD margin that it ended as being.

9 hours ago, football dog said:

You’re making an absolute fool out of yourself.

Appreciate you hijacking my thread’s intent to talk about some interesting schedule changes.

Please take your tin-foil hat to some other message board, one that encourages gossip, rumors, and absolutely false accusations that have literally no merit.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, East Allen Football said:

Why would somebody from Franklin be so knowledgeable and interested in what the football coach at Woodlan is doing?

AC was up to the task 3 years ago in the game coming down to the wire. However, the game 2 years ago could've been a 3-4 TD game difference as easily as it was the 2 TD margin that it ended as being.

Two years ago it was a 5 pt game with a very bad "facemask" call that could have gave the Jets a 2nd chance to win the game. Official on your sideline called it across the field, while the one that was right there didn't call it, but it's done and over. It became 11 pts after a TD with the game already over and a few seconds left. After the 1st quarter that year it looked like it was going to be 3+ TD margin. South Adams shocked the world anyway.

Edited by basement bias

Interested to know how the Warriors are trying to match the size of Tangeman at WR. Habodasz is a good RB as well. I'm sure there are Muhlenkamp, Bertke, Huelsman, and etc to deal with.

52 minutes ago, FormerColtsFan said:

You’re making an absolute fool out of yourself.

Appreciate you hijacking my thread’s intent to talk about some interesting schedule changes.

Please take your tin-foil hat to some other message board, one that encourages gossip, rumors, and absolutely false accusations that have literally no merit.

I move around the state with my job! Just listen!

26 minutes ago, basement bias said:

Interested to know how the Warriors are trying to match the size of Tangeman at WR. Habodasz is a good RB as well. I'm sure there are Muhlenkamp, Bertke, Huelsman, and etc to deal with.

Woodlan has a very solid talented upcoming class of juniors in regards to skill positions. A few have seen some varsity time, but not a lot due to the great outgoing senior skill positions from this past season. If the QB will be who has been their JV QB the last few years, he may become a headache for opposing defenses. Very natural playmaker, and he wins. He has potential to be very good.

Defensivly, their strength towards the end of the season was their front 7, all except for 1 are returning. The secondary will have some of those new varsity players so we’ll have to wait to see how they are on Friday nights.

3 minutes ago, FormerColtsFan said:

Woodlan has a very solid talented upcoming class of juniors in regards to skill positions. A few have seen some varsity time, but not a lot due to the great outgoing senior skill positions from this past season. If the QB will be who has been their JV QB the last few years, he may become a headache for opposing defenses. Very natural playmaker, and he wins. He has potential to be very good.

Defensivly, their strength towards the end of the season was their front 7, all except for 1 are returning. The secondary will have some of those new varsity players so we’ll have to wait to see how they are on Friday nights.

What is the size of the DBs? ML is tall and lengthy. They're usually very physical and quick for their size in the trenches.

1 minute ago, basement bias said:

What is the size of the DBs? ML is tall and lengthy. They're usually very physical and quick for their size in the trenches.

I’m unaware of any tall (taller than 6 ft) DBs. To be fair, I do see their defense changing things up depending upon who they play, it’s certainly not a static defense especially in big games, which AC is always one. This one of the coaching staffs strengths from my perspective.

That being said, last years AC game was not a very good performance defensively. Though I’d love to see how the defense that was out on the field against Eastbrook and Southrdige would do against AC. The schemes and personnel those last few weeks of the season were much better than what was out there in week 9.

1 hour ago, basement bias said:

Two years ago it was a 5 pt game with a very bad "facemask" call that could have gave the Jets a 2nd chance to win the game. Official on your sideline called it across the field, while the one that was right there didn't call it, but it's done and over. It became 11 pts after a TD with the game already over and a few seconds left. After the 1st quarter that year it looked like it was going to be 3+ TD margin. South Adams shocked the world anyway.

I missed seeing the face mask you described. I do recall a 1st half TD pass that was called back due to a suspect flag that would’ve opened up a 3 TD lead.

15 hours ago, East Allen Football said:

I missed seeing the face mask you described. I do recall a 1st half TD pass that was called back due to a suspect flag that would’ve opened up a 3 TD lead.

I think it’s silly to go back and point to this play, that play, this missed call, etc.

What I’ll say is that AC and Woodlan have been fairly evenly matched the past 4 seasons. Woodlan has won two games by 1 point which both came down to the wire (2014 and 2015), and both Woodlan and AC have wins of two scores (Woodlan by 12 in 2016 and AC by 9 in 2017) with both of those games being closer than the score indicates. Both winning teams scored a late touchdown that sealed the deal. And you could probably point to both of those games and say if one play happened here the winning team could’ve won by more or they could’ve lost just as easily. That’s what happens when two good teams play each other. I wouldn’t have called that 12 point win in 2016 a comfortable win in considering it took nearly all 48 minutes to get there. And likewise, AC did win by 9 this past season but it did take them needing a half back pass TD with a few minutes left to put the game completely out of reach.

Two great championship caliber programs with very fun games to be apart of!

• Downvote 1