• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague  Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly  Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired   

Why did he resign from Moeller after the 2017 season? I completely understand why this looks like a phenomenal hire on paper, but I would have preferred to have seen an Indiana coach get the opportunity. After losing West and then Peebles, LC needs to find their guy who will stay committed to the Bears. Admittedly, I'm naturally a sketptic, but I can foresee this guy going back to his native Cincinnati as soon as  another prime job is available.

24 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Why did he resign from Moeller after the 2017 season? I completely understand why this looks like a phenomenal hire on paper, but I would have preferred to have seen an Indiana coach get the opportunity. After losing West and then Peebles, LC needs to find their guy who will stay committed to the Bears. Admittedly, I'm naturally a sketptic, but I can foresee this guy going back to his native Cincinnati as soon as  another prime job is available.

You hit the nail right on

7 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I found the Kerry Coombs paragraph a bit puzzling because I'm not sure what the implication is, but more so because Kerry Coombs moved on to the greener pastures of the NFL about 3 weeks ago so he won't be recruiting for Ohio State or anybody else for the foreseeable future.

"They are gonna get coached like they are college athletes"

Well he was coaching a pseudo-college program at Moeller.  Good hire for LC though.

This is a great hire for LC... They have the weight room, the athletes, and a great staff there.  Will Patterson in my opinion is a Gem on that staff. 

• Upvote 1

LC has designs on breaking into the "The Big 4."

This new coach should get them there

Quickly

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DrivenT said:

LC has designs on breaking into the "The Big 4."

This new coach should get them there

Quickly

Who will they knock out of the Big 4?

1 hour ago, warren05 said:

I think its more likely to become a Big 5 than one getting the boot.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CGFan2017 said:

I think its more likely to become a Big 5 than one getting the boot.

That would be good for the conference

2 hours ago, warren05 said:

I believe it will be CG. 

11 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I believe it will be CG. 

No you don't, you just think their fan base is the one most likely to respond to your posts and engage in a debate with you.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

No you don't, you just think their fan base is the one most likely to respond to your posts and engage in a debate with you.  

Couldn't have found a better way to say it

• Upvote 1

My question was not meant to cause a fight 

4 hours ago, Coach_G said:

You really are clueless and immature. I don't argue with people on this website. I state my opinions and enjoy reading their responses. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. I rarely engage in debate with you, because frankly, you're not very sharp. 

1 hour ago, warren05 said:

My question was not meant to cause a fight 

I believe what CG has accomplished over the past 20 years is astounding. They have built and maintained an elite program and gone toe to toe with the mega schools year after year. 

I just don't believe this level of success is sustainable for the extreme long term. A coaching transition could have an impact, or the numbers difference against BD, WC and C will finally overwhelm the CG program. Or others, like LC and Avon, will eclipse CG just due to the natural order of change. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

You really are clueless and immature. I don't argue with people on this website. I state my opinions and enjoy reading their responses. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. I rarely engage in debate with you, because frankly, you're not very sharp. 

I believe what CG has accomplished over the past 20 years is astounding. They have built and maintained an elite program and gone toe to toe with the mega schools year after year. 

I just don't believe this level of success is sustainable for the extreme long term. A coaching transition could have an impact, or the numbers difference against BD, WC and C will finally overwhelm the CG program. Or others, like LC and Avon, will eclipse CG just due to the natural order of change. 

No offense to your opinion.  Just not sure if I buy your logic.  LC is the only school in the MIC smaller than CG.  So that doesn't hold water to your theory of the other bigger schools overwhelming other.  CG has held their own and in some cases had their way with larger schools for years.  Not only has the football program excelled, but so have other sports.  Almost every semester, CG finishes 2nd to Carmel in the overall sports category.  So they are used to hanging tough.  Additionally, over 40,000 people in WRT today....and with the growing home construction south in WRT and new schools being built, not seeing a decline any time soon.

CG will certainly transition in leadership down the road....just like any other school.  They will have no shortage of fantastic options.  And their feeder system continues to deliver...not many, if any, better in the state.  

Edited by Trojan Dad
  • Upvote 1

The MIC was created with one goal in mind. To become the supreme hs football conference in the midwest

CA and CG will always win the All sports trophy due to their dominance in country club and girls sports. Baseball is becoming somewhat "country club" due to the high cost and outside influences that dominate high school ball players at this level

I did say Big 4, not Big 5

LC, on paper, has better talent than CG. LC will produce more hi level D1 talent than will CG. If the new coach can harness the talent and build a Moeller like state championship caliber program year to year, the Bears will surpass the Trojans in The Mic pecking order

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Consensus opinion clearly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

When someone is exposed in a argument/debate, there is a natural tendency (for some) to immediately make it personal and start name calling.

A debate/argument tactic made fashionable by our current President.

DT - exposed as troll and doesn't like it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

When someone is exposed in a argument/debate, there is a natural tendency (for some) to immediately make it personal and start name calling.

A debate/argument tactic made fashionable by our current President.

DT - exposed as troll and doesn't like it. 

Appreciate the post Hawk, but no worries, we all know what we get with DT on these threads. The Schtick is old, it’s nice to see virtually everyone tends to agree. 

• Upvote 2

Im not sure I am buying the logic.  LC will compete no doubt.  One of the problem that still exists is half of their athletes attend LN. If the two school ever combined, then yes your arugment makes sense to me from that stand point. LC will be good and I do think they have decent enough talent to make it to state.  Its just a make of when.  

Also who are we considering the Big 4? 

WC, BD, CG, and CA? 

On 2/16/2018 at 10:14 AM, greyhound3175 said:

Im not sure I am buying the logic.  LC will compete no doubt.  One of the problem that still exists is half of their athletes attend LN. If the two school ever combined, then yes your arugment makes sense to me from that stand point. LC will be good and I do think they have decent enough talent to make it to state.  Its just a make of when.  

Also who are we considering the Big 4? 

WC, BD, CG, and CA? 

Honest question, does that matter? I thought kids in Lawrence Township can attend LC or LN. Maybe I'm wrong. It seems like at the end of they day LC will get talent if they're winning as it's no secret kids will play for schools outside of their Township. Personally, I work with someone who lives in Washington Township and has made it clear her 6'3 twelve year old phenom will be using Grandpa's address to play for Warren. 

CG isn't going anywhere.  The athletes naturally may be better at LC but parents invest heavily in their children at CG and develop their talent.  The bantam program is outstanding and community support is over the top, neither of which can you really say about LC.  I remember watching an away game with LC a few years back that was all of 15 miles away and they were coming off a state finals appearance and there was maybe 50 people in the visitors stands.  That wasn't that long ago, and not that much has changed.  Not to mention they either kicked out or suspended their IEFA coaches just a few years ago for their behavior and that's the best their youth program has to offer and how their being developed.  

I'm not sure this coach really knows everything he's getting.  It ain't Moeller.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1