• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
itiswhatitis

2018 Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

I still think thevColts will win about 6.

GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GB4 said:

I still think thevColts will win about 6.

GB

Okay, your number is acknowledged and noted.  I think having a healthy Luck back is worth 3 - 5 wins above what they had last year.  I see them (at this point) being 7 - 9 or 8 - 8.  Anything over 8 would be gravy.  They also have a slightly easier schedule than last year.  There were quite a few injuries last night to some key players on other teams.  Keeping players on the field will be critical for the Colts this year.  Hoping the injury bug stays away from Indianapolis.  The other teams can have it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Okay, your number is acknowledged and noted.  I think having a healthy Luck back is worth 3 - 5 wins above what they had last year.  I see them (at this point) being 7 - 9 or 8 - 8.  Anything over 8 would be gravy.  They also have a slightly easier schedule than last year.  There were quite a few injuries last night to some key players on other teams.  Keeping players on the field will be critical for the Colts this year.  Hoping the injury bug stays away from Indianapolis.  The other teams can have it!

Oh, believe me, I will take more than 6 wins if they happen to accomplish that lol.

GB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GB4 said:

Oh, believe me, I will take more than 6 wins if they happen to accomplish that lol.

GB 

I have no doubt you would.  :07_v: If they don't get more than 6, then this season will have been a big disappointment (IMO).  I would see 8 wins as progress.  With all of the changes this team has gone through in the past couple of years, 8 seems like a nice number to gauge the season as being successful or not.  That would be double the win total in one year.  Now IF, they somehow win the division, then that would be your classic, "worst to first" scenario.  Would love that one!  Although I'm not expecting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts did lose WR Deon Cain to a torn ACL last night.

GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GB4 said:

Colts did lose WR Deon Cain to a torn ACL last night.

GB

Heard that he left the game and it might be a season ending injury.  Such a shame.  He had a really good camp.  Paschal will probably move up on the depth chart now and make the team.  I'm more concerned about losing Mack (hamstring).  They said he'd be out for a few weeks.  I have to wonder if the Colts will look for another running back.  Wilkins has a lot of talent/ability but he fumbled quite a bit in camp and Turbin will be sitting the first 4 games due to suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Heard that he left the game and it might be a season ending injury.  Such a shame.  He had a really good camp.  Paschal will probably move up on the depth chart now and make the team.  I'm more concerned about losing Mack (hamstring).  They said he'd be out for a few weeks.  I have to wonder if the Colts will look for another running back.  Wilkins has a lot of talent/ability but he fumbled quite a bit in camp and Turbin will be sitting the first 4 games due to suspension.

K.J. Brent has had a nice camp at WR as well. I would think the Colts would sign and RB as well. They have more injured than healthy right now and one of those RBs, as you said, is suspended the first four games. Orleans Darkwa came in for a visit a few weeks ago. 

GB 

Edited by GB4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, GB4 said:

K.J. Brent has had a nice camp at WR as well. I would think the Colts would sign and RB as well. They have more injured than healthy right now and one of those RBs, as you said, is suspended the first four games. Orleans Darkwa came in for a visit a few weeks ago. 

GB 

I saw the Colts have signed a wide receiver named Hazel who has one catch for one yard in his career.  Oh boy!  They also signed a running back named Oliver.  He has 266 carries for 700+ yards.  I'm okay with the Oliver signing, but Hazel is nothing more than a camp body.  Almost sounds like a waste to me (Hazel).  I think Oliver will probably play some this next preseason game.  For me, Wilkins fumbles too much . I like his speed and his moves, but that doesn't help if you put the ball on the ground.  I also read that Hooker and Geathers were both at practice and played yesterday.  That's good to hear.  That defense STILL needs a cornerback.  I don't know what's up with Breeland.  He had 2 visits with the Colts.  Must be something going on with him.  He has visited 4 other teams besides the Colts.  Still not signed.  Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hazel was actually on the Colts opening day roster last year. He was more of a special teams guy though. I do agree he is more of a camp body, practice squad at best. Breeland is probably just waiting for the perfect situation. The Colts also did cut S Shamarko Thomas after he got ejected against the Seahawks. 

GB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the Colts around 7-8 wins if Luck plays the entire season; which I believe he will. He looked good last week and the offense is leaps and bounds ahead of its old ways as far as style and play calling.

Thought the linebacker corps showed some really good athleticism and potential, especially when it comes to the passing game. Those guys run well and are pretty solid in space for being so young and inexperienced. The problem with the defense is going to be pass rush, which is going to result in a lot of big plays against them because you can't ask any secondary to cover for as long as the Colts are going to be asked to. Also not sure if the defense has enough size to withstand a full game of inside runs.

Definitely need another RB, it seems like Mack is pretty injury prone after the shoulder last season and now the hamstring this early on. Still think he and Turbin and solid guys to have in the group, but another decent runner would be helpful.

I don't see Ballard busting out the check book next offseason either from what we've seen and heard this year. Except if Oakland lets Mack hit the market, but I doubt that will happen, I expect them to either resign him or trade him to somewhere that will sign him long term. A lot of pass rush talent in next year's draft with the aforementioned Bosa and also Ed Oliver, who I believe is the next Aaron Donald type player in the league. Not to mention Reshaun Gary, Clelin Ferrell, and Christian Wilkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

I've got the Colts around 7-8 wins if Luck plays the entire season; which I believe he will. He looked good last week and the offense is leaps and bounds ahead of its old ways as far as style and play calling.

Thought the linebacker corps showed some really good athleticism and potential, especially when it comes to the passing game. Those guys run well and are pretty solid in space for being so young and inexperienced. The problem with the defense is going to be pass rush, which is going to result in a lot of big plays against them because you can't ask any secondary to cover for as long as the Colts are going to be asked to. Also not sure if the defense has enough size to withstand a full game of inside runs.

Definitely need another RB, it seems like Mack is pretty injury prone after the shoulder last season and now the hamstring this early on. Still think he and Turbin and solid guys to have in the group, but another decent runner would be helpful.

I don't see Ballard busting out the check book next offseason either from what we've seen and heard this year. Except if Oakland lets Mack hit the market, but I doubt that will happen, I expect them to either resign him or trade him to somewhere that will sign him long term. A lot of pass rush talent in next year's draft with the aforementioned Bosa and also Ed Oliver, who I believe is the next Aaron Donald type player in the league. Not to mention Reshaun Gary, Clelin Ferrell, and Christian Wilkins.

Fishduck sighting!  Hadn't seen you on here in a while.  The Colts did sign another running back (Oliver).  While his yards per carry won't raise any eyebrows (3.4 yards per) he did have 200+ carries for 700+ yards so he has more experience than the rookies.  I would expect to see him in several plays in the next preseason game.  Even though it's a small sample size, the Colts defense still lacks a pass rush and they also need another CB.  Those Seahawk receivers were getting way too much room to roam.  It seemed like everyone was open.  Getting Hooker and Geathers back at the safety positions is a plus but they still lack good corners.  That is why I was hoping they could sign Breeland.  Probably not going to happen now.  Ballard is sticking to his "game plan" of drafting players and signing FA players on the cheap.  A lot of people want the Colts to sign Mack from Oakland (and sight a TON of cap money available), but if Ballard stays the course, he won't pay him major $$$ and won't give him a long term contract either.  However, I am expecting him to think more next off season about paying a few FA's.  I would agree the linebackers look better than last year.  Anyway, it should be an interesting season in Indianapolis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts signed RB Tion Green. He had 42 carries for 265 yards and 2 TDs for the Lions in his rookie year last season. 

GB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GB4 said:

Colts signed RB Tion Green. He had 42 carries for 265 yards and 2 TDs for the Lions in his rookie year last season. 

GB 

I just looked on one of the Colt's websites.  They report he had 42 carries for 165 yards.  Just a shade under 4 yards per carry.  I'm sure he was signed to provide more competition with (just signed) Oliver and the rookies while Mack is recovering from injury and Turbin will be suspended the first four games.  Green is a bigger back (6'1", 220).  Interesting signing.  I'm sure once cuts start happening, the Colts will sign other guys.  Ballard seems to be constantly turning the roster over trying to get the right combinations of players.  It is frustrating for fans to see some big name guys get snatched up by other teams.  A lot of people are complaining about all of the cap money the Colts have and Ballard won't spend it.  Just because Luck is back, doesn't mean the Colts are going to make the playoffs.  Some fans' attitude is the Colts are going to the Super Bowl now.  How delusional.  Maybe in another 2 - 3 years.

Edited by itiswhatitis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I just looked on one of the Colt's websites.  They report he had 42 carries for 165 yards.  Just a shade under 4 yards per carry.  I'm sure he was signed to provide more competition with (just signed) Oliver and the rookies while Mack is recovering from injury and Turbin will be suspended the first four games.  Green is a bigger back (6'1", 220).  Interesting signing.  I'm sure once cuts start happening, the Colts will sign other guys.  Ballard seems to be constantly turning the roster over trying to get the right combinations of players.  It is frustrating for fans to see some big name guys get snatched up by other teams.  A lot of people are complaining about all of the cap money the Colts have and Ballard won't spend it.  Just because Luck is back, doesn't mean the Colts are going to make the playoffs.  Some fans' attitude is the Colts are going to the Super Bowl now.  How delusional.  Maybe in another 2 - 3 years.

Typo, my bad. Yes, my expectations aren't to high because I know Ballard has a plan that will take a few years to come to fruition.

GB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.