• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/24/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  
dave mosbey

Heritage Hills 18-2 ( 6-1 PAC ) at Tell City 13-7 ( 3-3 PAC )

This is the 52nd time Heritage Hills and Tell City have met in Boys Basketball and the Patriots lead the overall series 31-20.

Last season Tell City came to Heritage Hills needed a win  to clinch a share of the PAC title and the Patriots led 33-25 after 3 quarters  before the Marksmen outscored HH 15-8 in the 4th but fell a point shy of the title losing 41-40.

This season the roles are reversed as the Patriots are the team that can earn a share of the title with a win and the Marksmen  will try to play spoilers like HH did last season.

Patriots haven't won a conference title  since 2005 but are still tied with Southridge for most Boys Basketball conference titles in PAC history with 14 each a Patriot win and they will retake the lead.

Tell City has the top defense in the PAC as far as points given up, Marksmen only give up 44.3 ppg, Patriots are 3rd in the PAC in defense giving up 47.5 ppg.

Heritage Hills leads the PAC in offense averaging 62.3 ppg and Tell City is 9th in the PAC in offense averaging 48.0 ppg.

I'm expecting a good game between 2 big rivals.

My weekend to work so I might not be online to post about this after the game Friday night.

I’ll try to post something after the game if you can’t Dave.

I’ve seen TC twice & been impressed with their defense each time.  TC is also a relentless rebounding team when they are at their best. Those happen to be strengths of HH too.  It’ll be interesting.

I would expect both teams to be relentless playing defense.  I feel this game will come down to rebounding and which team converts their easier opportunities into actual points(my guess is those will be limited)  

HH wins 29-23. Tell City made a concerted effort to limit possessions & try to slow down the Patriots. But Heritage Hills was up to the task. 

Both teams were very good defensively as expected.  Patriots were perhaps a little better as they held TC to just 35% shooting and forced 11 turnovers by our unofficial account.

Blake Sisley hit 4 huge ft’s in the final minute to lead all scorers with 11. Mitchel Becher added 8. Murray Becher battled foul trouble & finished with 6. Scherry & Jones each had 2.

Braeden Beard led TC with 8. Hunt had 5. Arnold & Blake both had 3, Lyons & Fest each had 2. 

Burying the lead a bit here, but the win ensures HH it’s first PAC boys basketball championship since 04-05 and the program’s 15th overall, the most of any PAC member.

Edited by Bcaster
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1