• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
FanFootball

School board approves $3.6 million to buy new locker rooms

My tax dollars hard at work!  Hey good for them.  I would love to see the mock up of what they are going to look like.  That way I can drool on my keyboard.

I find this so funny. They have club sports that can't have outdoor practice on the Penn school grounds due to no space, but can gobble up space for the almighty football program. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

I find this so funny. They have club sports that can't have outdoor practice on the Penn school grounds due to no space, but can gobble up space for the almighty football program. 

Along w my alma mater Lake Central, I have never seen such large schools so landlocked. Poor planning?

psaboy those locker rooms will help more then just football.... and what club sports are you talking about?

On 2/16/2018 at 8:34 PM, psaboy said:

If it's anything like the fieldhouse at BD, they will use it for lots of things including a polling site at election day.

• Upvote 1

A lot of the reason for this renovation or modernization of the football field is for safety of the athletic teams competing at Penn.  Both teams have to cross the street multiple times to get to the stadium, this prevents the possibility of any chance of someone getting hit or hurt.  Also, imagine the large squads of Ben Davis that had to use a hall way in a then 5A school.  That is pretty sad for a 5A school to not have a locker room for a visiting team.  

3 hours ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

A lot of the reason for this renovation or modernization of the football field is for safety of the athletic teams competing at Penn.  Both teams have to cross the street multiple times to get to the stadium, this prevents the possibility of any chance of someone getting hit or hurt.  Also, imagine the large squads of Ben Davis that had to use a hall way in a then 5A school.  That is pretty sad for a 5A school to not have a locker room for a visiting team.  

yeah when we came there in 11 for regionals, it was pathetic that we had to use a hallway like that.  hadnt seen it that bad since my alma mater lake central (pre reno)

On 2/16/2018 at 8:34 PM, psaboy said:

They aren't taking anymore space then what is already there as a part of the stadium.  This new building if anything will eat into that field to the south of the stadium which is where they practice.  The biggest club sport that Penn has is rugby and there is a field over by the soccer grounds that they use to practice.   LAX I think practices at a PHM elementary school field.  

23 hours ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

They aren't taking anymore space then what is already there as a part of the stadium.  This new building if anything will eat into that field to the south of the stadium which is where they practice.  The biggest club sport that Penn has is rugby and there is a field over by the soccer grounds that they use to practice.   LAX I think practices at a PHM elementary school field.  

I know for a fact I have the girls rugby team has tried to get outdoor practice at the Penn campus and they were denied. They get to practice at Discovery which is 5-7 miles away, makes it hard for the girls to attend on regular basis. The girls team won state last year as well, but still get little recognition and consideration.

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 7:56 AM, psaboy said:

I know for a fact I have the girls rugby team has tried to get outdoor practice at the Penn campus and they were denied. They get to practice at Discovery which is 5-7 miles away, makes it hard for the girls to attend on regular basis. The girls team won state last year as well, but still get little recognition and consideration.

Club sports are not school supported, thus no insurance to cover. Reason enough to not allow them space and incur the possibilities of lawsuits if one of those kids gets hurt.

edit: spelling

Edited by butlerguy03
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, butlerguy03 said:

Club sports are not school supported, thus no insurance to cover. Reason enough to not allow them space and incur the possibilities of lawsuits if one of those kids gets hurt.

edit: spelling

Yes, I know that. They carry their own insurance. So, if men's club sport rugby can practice on Penn outside grounfs, why can't girls?? They do allow them space inside the building so your point about no insurance to cover is moot.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2018 at 8:59 PM, psaboy said:

Yes, I know that. They carry their own insurance. So, if men's club sport rugby can practice on Penn outside grounfs, why can't girls?? They do allow them space inside the building so your point about no insurance to cover is moot.

My daughter has played Lacrosse at Penn, and they have had practice on the football field or on thew east side of the JV softball field.  The men's rugby team has practiced just east of the JV softball field as well. Many other "club" sports have practiced at Penn. Methinks it isn't a club problem like you originally stated. In regard to practice time, an IHSAA sanctioned sport will take precedent over a club sport when it involves using the facility. Perhaps your team's coach hasn't scheduled the practice time correctly. Or maybe they tried to do it once or twice and it conflicted with the time scheduled by a non-club team. While some are, most club coaches aren't in the building and may not know the process. I would highly suggest that your coaching staff ask to meet with the Athletic Department to figure out how you can all make it work. There is PLENTY of space, including south of the football field. Heck, you can even go to the north side of Schmucker where little league teams hold practices. With all due respect, you might be surprised to find out that Penn is not "shunning" your team, but that you just don't have your s**t together. :07_v:

21 hours ago, PennBall Wizard said:

My daughter has played Lacrosse at Penn, and they have had practice on the football field or on thew east side of the JV softball field.  The men's rugby team has practiced just east of the JV softball field as well. Many other "club" sports have practiced at Penn. Methinks it isn't a club problem like you originally stated. In regard to practice time, an IHSAA sanctioned sport will take precedent over a club sport when it involves using the facility. Perhaps your team's coach hasn't scheduled the practice time correctly. Or maybe they tried to do it once or twice and it conflicted with the time scheduled by a non-club team. While some are, most club coaches aren't in the building and may not know the process. I would highly suggest that your coaching staff ask to meet with the Athletic Department to figure out how you can all make it work. There is PLENTY of space, including south of the football field. Heck, you can even go to the north side of Schmucker where little league teams hold practices. With all due respect, you might be surprised to find out that Penn is not "shunning" your team, but that you just don't have your s**t together. :07_v:

They have talked to the AD, the AD said no we don't have room or space. Talked to Schmucker, they said no as well

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

They have talked to the AD, the AD said no we don't have room or space. Talked to Schmucker, they said no as well

There is a new AD now and the new assistant is awesome.  Try again.

OK, will give it a go.