Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Amount of Footballs to Be Checked

Coach Jennings

Question

6 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Coach Jennings said:

Is there a limit as to how many footballs I can have checked before a contest?  Also, can I check more footballs at halftime?  

Thank you.

Halftime, no. All game balls are approved before the start of the contest. But in the case of really inclement weather, some leeway in that is fine. And there is no limit on the number of footballs that can be used. How many ball boys do you have? 🤣

6 hours ago, Bobref said:

Halftime, no. All game balls are approved before the start of the contest. But in the case of really inclement weather, some leeway in that is fine. And there is no limit on the number of footballs that can be used. How many ball boys do you have? 🤣

It doesn't matter how many ball boys you have. It's more about how many bags to do you have to keep the balls dry. A smart team will have multiple balls checked before the game and keep many of them someplace where they'll stay dry. I would take some to the locker room and bring them back at halftime. Or have a case that will stay dry and put it under a tent many teams seems to have on the sideline.

8 hours ago, JustRules said:

It doesn't matter how many ball boys you have. It's more about how many bags to do you have to keep the balls dry. A smart team will have multiple balls checked before the game and keep many of them someplace where they'll stay dry. I would take some to the locker room and bring them back at halftime. Or have a case that will stay dry and put it under a tent many teams seems to have on the sideline.

I saw a new one on Friday, the team had 4 storage totes with balls and towels in them for each quarter. Pretty good thinking! 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, Bobref said:

Anyone have any TDY's to trade for GST pattern 1003 ?