Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Decatur Central (sectional 13 final)

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Nah, I just call people out on their bullshit which you don't like.  You could insert any school name.

We have a 100% graduation rate and a 99% college placement rate. We'll take any public/private school kid tomorrow that likes those chances. Way better chance getting to college than getting playing time. And, if you think we sustain full enrollment without recruiting you're crazy. We beat the streets constantly for good kids. It's hard as hell to find parents committed to the sacrifice of $15k/annual. There are are certain forms of aid, but way less than the public and DT/temptation would mislead you to think. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

We have a 100% graduation rate and a 99% college placement rate. We'll take any public/private school kid tomorrow that likes those chances. Way better chance getting to college than getting playing time. And, if you think we sustain full enrollment without recruiting you're crazy. We beat the streets constantly for good kids. It's hard as hell to find parents committed to the sacrifice of $15k/annual. There are are certain forms of aid, but way less than the public and DT/temptation would mislead you to think. 

“It's hard as hell to find parents committed to the sacrifice of $15k/annual.”

LOL at this line.  Shows how out of touch you are with reality.  A new low.

Meanwhile, two miles down the road in Lawrence Township, it’s hard as hell to find student athletes that can afford football cleats.

I’m sure Cathedral just has superior coaching, better X’s and O’s, and works harder though, right?

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Any Catholics wonder why everyone hates them 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 2
  • Disdain 1

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

You talk about Cathedral more than some of the people on here actually support Cathedral. You care about Cathedral entirely WAY too much. Clearly. 

Cathedral lives inside his head.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Does that one d*&^h$#@ in the stands at Seymour represent the whole community? 

I don't think "dip" means what you think it means. He's an enthusiast.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Lets see if DrivenT/Temptation can get another Cathedral thread locked. It would be the 4th in 4 weeks. Impressive even for him. 

Ah yes, because my comments are by far the most egregious in this thread.

Way to duck the question by the way.

40 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Lets see if DrivenT/Temptation can get another Cathedral thread locked. It would be the 4th in 4 weeks. Impressive even for him. 

Perhaps the “gang” should resist getting triggered, name calling and overall defensive. The response raises suspicion….takes more than one to close a thread….

After two decades of seeing "southern" half of bracket sectional games where one travels 2.5 to 3.5 hours drive time, I question if it is well past time to redo the tournament set up. Why should the two top teams in a south bracket have to play before a  semistate? Could the teams not be seeded in a whole half state bracket and play? Once 69 is completed, it eliminates one of the life long reasons I have heard floated for why that is not possible (even though sectionals were already playing this geography). If folks still want trophies given for certain tournament wins such as a sectional, regional,  I am sure some football minds on this board could figure out a better plan than the IHSAA and the current tournament. 

20 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

The Hawks are definitely pumped. They usually have some athletes. It will be interesting to see how this game shakes out at Devere Fair Stadium.

That is a great video!  Should be a great night of football with two really good teams.  Expect a PACKED house w/lots of Irish fans!

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

The Hawks are definitely pumped. They usually have some athletes. It will be interesting to see how this game shakes out at Devere Fair Stadium.

Meh, Nike jerseys, cool helmets, a hype video, and running out of an inflatable tunnel won't be enough to keep DC from being down by at least 14 at halftime and at least 25 in the 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Meh, Nike jerseys, cool helmets, a hype video, and running out of an inflatable tunnel won't be enough to keep DC from being down by at least 14 at halftime and at least 25 in the 2nd half. 

I didn't say I thought it would make a difference. It was a cool video. Play on the field will be the determining factor. DC always has some good athletes, but they can be rogue at times.

I am trying to figure out the over/under on PF 1st half and 2nd half for the DC Hawks.

32 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I didn't say I thought it would make a difference. It was a cool video. Play on the field will be the determining factor. DC always has some good athletes, but they can be rogue at times.

I am trying to figure out the over/under on PF 1st half and 2nd half for the DC Hawks.

I know. Just saying DC can bring the flash, but Cathedral will bring the pain. I would have already picked Cathedral by 25+, but without Stevens it's going to get even uglier for DC. 

13 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I know. Just saying DC can bring the flash, but Cathedral will bring the pain. I would have already picked Cathedral by 25+, but without Stevens it's going to get even uglier for DC. 

I just like messing with you, I mean after all you put a curse word like "Boiler" in front of nation.   

Laughing GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

I just like messing with you, I mean after all you put a curse word like "Boiler" in front of nation.   

Laughing GIFs | Tenor

The degree pays the bills and keeps the wife happy. Counts for something after years and years of misery followed by heartache in sports.