Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Decatur Central (sectional 13 final)

6 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

DC is good - Stevens is an excellent dual-threat player and they have a couple of threats to go to the house on every play - but Cathedral is otherworldly right now. 

Stevens is out for the year.

Just now, Sports Freak20 said:

I believe we are tremendously better than 2019.  

Really?  Interesting.

I watched Cathedral play in the slop at Arlington in first round.  Not sure I agree.  However, field conditions make it hard to have a good evaluation.

33 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Stevens is out for the year.

Really?  Interesting.

I watched Cathedral play in the slop at Arlington in first round.  Not sure I agree.  However, field conditions make it hard to have a good evaluation.

Well, against Terre Haute North the starters played a quarter and a half as it was a 56-0.

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

2020 and 2021 team are both significantly better than the 2019 team. The 2022 class has 40+ seniors and many of them contributing this year contributed as sophomores. 

I realize we have hindsight with the 2019 team...but that was a very good team.  QB is walk on at FBS school, LB is at an FBS school, safety could be at FBS school, went Ivy League, as did the RB.  OL at an FBS school.  And this current group of seniors were freshman.  The TE played a lot.

Just now, CaptainHook said:

I realize we have hindsight with the 2019 team...but that was a very good team.  QB is walk on at FBS school, LB is at an FBS school, safety could be at FBS school, went Ivy League, as did the RB.  OL at an FBS school.  And this current group of seniors were freshman.  The TE played a lot.

and #2 would be going somewhere.  ugh tragic

Just now, CaptainHook said:

2019 was a good team. They’re nowhere close to being as good as the 2020 and 2021 teams however. Offensively the 2020 team is as good as any Cathedral team I’ve seen, likewise with this years team defensively. A lot of the guys on the 2019 team played on the 2020 and 2022 team. 

7 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

DC is good - Stevens is an excellent dual-threat player and they have a couple of threats to go to the house on every play - but Cathedral is otherworldly right now. 

That's typical. When you have a really good team that *should* win, but are facing a quality opponent, you give the opponent a lot of respect and have cautious optimism. 

Right now, Cathedral is at least 2-3 TDs better than anyone in 5A except maybe Valpo. 

Stevens got hurt against Mooresville—didn’t appear that bad at the time, but I’m pretty certain it ended up being a season-ender.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

2019 was a good team. They’re nowhere close to being as good as the 2020 and 2021 teams however. Offensively the 2020 team is as good as any Cathedral team I’ve seen, likewise with this years team defensively. A lot of the guys on the 2019 team played on the 2020 and 2022 team. 

meh....I'd say 2020 5A was pretty watered down.  No way 2020 team is best all time offensively.  No way.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

I’m talking about best all-time at Cathedral. They put a hurting on a ton of non-5A schools in the regular season.

No, I understand.  I meant there is no way that is the best all-time offensive team at Cathedral.  I listed the 2019 players that went FBS...am I missing someone from 2020 team?

7 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

No, I understand.  I meant there is no way that is the best all-time offensive team at Cathedral.  I listed the 2019 players that went FBS...am I missing someone from 2020 team?

Where the players went is really irrelevant. The 2020 Cathedral team owns just about every offensive single season record in school history.