Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Decatur Central (sectional 13 final)

Just now, CaptainHook said:

I went to Lawrence Central...so I know a bit about Cathedral.  I just find it interesting that anyone would call this team (or last years) the best all time.  Way, way, way too early for that.  C'mon.

I never called this year or last years team the best Cathedral team of all-time, I simply stated that both were better than the 2019 team. I said the 2020 team statistically was the best offensive Cathedral team of all-time. 

I can’t help you with reading comprehension dude….sorry.

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

I went to Lawrence Central...so I know a bit about Cathedral.  I just find it interesting that anyone would call this team (or last years) the best all time.  Way, way, way too early for that.  C'mon.

But your kids go to New Pal and you want us to admit that the 2019 New Pal team beat the 2019 team that is the GOAT. Hahaha.  Not happening

Just now, Sports Freak20 said:

But your kids go to New Pal and you want us to admit that the 2019 New Pal team beat the 2019 team that is the GOAT. Hahaha.  Not happening

Please point to where I said the 2019 Cathedral team was the greatest of all time.  I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

2019 was a good team. They’re nowhere close to being as good as the 2020 and 2021 teams however. Offensively the 2020 team is as good as any Cathedral team I’ve seen, likewise with this years team defensively. A lot of the guys on the 2019 team played on the 2020 and 2022 team. 

You didn't say "statistically".  You said the 2020 team was the best offensively and the 2021 the best defensively.  

Just now, CaptainHook said:

Please point to where I said the 2019 Cathedral team was the greatest of all time.  I'll wait.

You want us to say that the 2019 New Pal team beat a 2019 Cathedral team team that is better than the 2020 team (and the 2021 team) that beat LaSalle and Elder by a lot and St. X by a score all in the same year.  Not to mention a lopsided state title victory....Not a watered down Covid year buddy beating those Ohio teams last year.  The 2019 team that New Pal beat was solid, but not near as good as the 2020 or 2021 team.  Does that spell it out for you?

1 minute ago, Sports Freak20 said:

You want us to say that the 2019 New Pal team beat a 2019 Cathedral team team that is better than the 2020 team (and the 2021 team) that beat LaSalle and Elder by a lot and St. X by a score all in the same year.  Not to mention a lopsided state title victory....Not a watered down Covid year buddy beating those Ohio teams last year.  The 2019 team that New Pal beat was solid, but not near as good as the 2020 or 2021 team.  Does that spell it out for you?

2019 team beat Elder, Trinity, lost to St. X in OT by 4, Elder by 7 in OT, only lost to CG by 5...

1 minute ago, Slobberknocker said:

So the 2020 offense that managed just 6 offensive points / one touchdown against Center Grove is the greatest offense in Cathedral history. Hmmm 🤔

please stop with facts!

Just now, Sports Freak20 said:

No, the 2019 beat CG.  Bye bye, hope you guys beat Whiteland!

That's right!  Thanks for the correction!

1 minute ago, CaptainHook said:

based on?  I think an argument could be made that the 2020 team is better than the 2021 team as well.  It's early!

The defense this year makes 2021 trump.  At this point in season Irish have only have given up 83 points so far against the same if not more difficult schedule than we did in 2020, where we gave up 181 points at same point in the season (heading into Section Championship game).

Just now, Dave007 said:

The defense this year makes 2021 trump.  At this point in season Irish have only have given up 83 points so far against the same if not more difficult schedule than we did in 2020, where we gave up 181 points at same point in the season (heading into Section Championship game).

more difficult?  seriously Swapping out St. X and Elder for Hammond Morton and Columbus North?  Do you read before you type?

6 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

So the 2020 offense that managed just 6 offensive points / one touchdown against Center Grove is the greatest offense in Cathedral history. Hmmm 🤔

2020 Irish offense scored 567 points in the season which may rank highest offense output, but  I think the point to be made is the 2021 team is more balanced with the potent defense and as a whole makes them better.

8 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

You just going to forget the 14 other games they scored 30+?

-hung 56 on 6A runner-up

-44 on Carmel

-beat Ohio large class state champion

-40 in 3A champ who was top 5 regardless of class

-hung 38 on La Salle who was a top 10 team in Ohio 

567 points to my knowledge is the single season scoring record at Cathedral.

I know it doesn’t mean a damn thing but CalPreps has the 2021 team beating the 2019 team by 11 points and the 2020 team winning by 16 points.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You just going to forget the 14 other games they scored 30+?

-hung 56 on 6A runner-up

-44 on Carmel

-beat Ohio large class state champion

-40 in 3A champ who was top 5 regardless of class

-hung 38 on La Salle who was a top 10 team in Ohio 

567 points to my knowledge is the single season scoring record at Cathedral.

I know it doesn’t mean a damn thing but CalPreps has the 2021 team beating the 2019 team by 11 points and the 2020 team winning by 16 points.

Yes.  All of that is forgotten when you score 6.

4 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

and Brownsburg for Carmel...

I guess my point is that Westfield, Brownsburg, Chatard, Brebeuf, and Center Grove are WAY better this year than last year.  Yes, good point about Hammond that game was a joke and should have never been played.

Just now, Dave007 said:

I guess my point is that Westfield, Brownsburg, Chatard, Brebeuf, and Center Grove are WAY better this year than last year.  Yes, good point about Hammond that game was a joke and should have never been played.

Westfield is way better than last? I guess Carroll and Merrillville should just clean out their lockers now. 

1 minute ago, Dave007 said:

Westfield was 6A runner up in 2020. Cathedral swapped out Carmel (in 2020) for Brownsburg (in 2021).  CG is a wash. Agree on Chatard and Brebeuf.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Says who? You? Sorry they don’t play an HHC schedule every week.

Yep.  Says me.