Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

GS vs HH.....I'm going to predict a halfback pass type of play at some point in the game from HH.  I have a gut feeling. 🙂

Indeed....but if you were really good at this, who will be throwing this said pass????   

The game all expected and most wanted.....I'm looking forward to heading to Jack Jewell.

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

GS vs HH.....I'm going to predict a halfback pass type of play at some point in the game from HH.  I have a gut feeling. 🙂

You know they will pull out some kind of trick play if not all of them!

We thought we had them figured out one year and they came out 5 wide and passed all over the place. Then sectionals we are ready for the 5 wide and they show up in wishbone! HH is a heck of a program and they will come ready to play!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tango said:

If I'm HH and win the toss, I defer and bring the house on the first play to try to "get the Quarterback" as half the people in the stands always yell during every game...  LOL.

Is this similar to fans yelling "Block someone, line" ?

Edited by CheapSeats
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, tango said:

If I'm HH and win the toss, I defer and bring the house on the first play to try to "get the Quarterback" as half the people in the stands always yell during every game...  LOL.

Yup, great idea--then you get burnt on a 9 route that goes to the house.  I'll pass on that....#18 would love some of that action as would the 270 lb lineman.

Edited by HHPatriots

I think both HH and GS want the ball to start the 2nd half.  Nothing about starting strong

all about getting a score right before half and then another right after half.  Whether it’s a 2 score lead or 2 score padding, it’s the best strategy.

why play for the momentum and 1 score early when you can play for 2 scores and the momentum late 

47 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Yup, great idea--then you get burnt on a 9 route that goes to the house.  I'll pass on that....#18 would love some of that action as would the 270 lb lineman.

This was mostly tongue in cheek, but GS is going to hit a lot of pass plays unless someone hits QB1 off his spot. I certainly wouldn't want to be in your D-Coordinator's shoes...  

37 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think both HH and GS want the ball to start the 2nd half.  Nothing about starting strong

all about getting a score right before half and then another right after half.  Whether it’s a 2 score lead or 2 score padding, it’s the best strategy.

why play for the momentum and 1 score early when you can play for 2 scores and the momentum late 

If HH can run the flexbone and eat clock, it might be smart to take the ball to start and try to matriculate slowly... 

26 minutes ago, tango said:

If HH can run the flexbone and eat clock, it might be smart to take the ball to start and try to matriculate slowly... 

if teams wish to take 6 minutes off the clock to score 3 points….I’m okay with it lol  Just digging your own grave.

but I don’t think that’s HHs thing anyways…they get slack for milking the clock, but the best HH teams are always good at breaking off those 30/40+ yard runs.  

Would be a fool to think HH cares about milking the clock over points on the board lol

52 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

if teams wish to take 6 minutes off the clock to score 3 points….I’m okay with it lol  Just digging your own grave.

but I don’t think that’s HHs thing anyways…they get slack for milking the clock, but the best HH teams are always good at breaking off those 30/40+ yard runs.  

Would be a fool to think HH cares about milking the clock over points on the board lol

Disagree, even when they have a play maker the MO is always the same.  Move the chains, eat the clock.  Noone will turn down big chunk plays but they most certainly desire a short game and coach Wilkerson will tell you that straight to your face.  They block well, tackle well and special teams is clearly a huge focus.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Disagree, even when they have a play maker the MO is always the same.  Move the chains, eat the clock.  Noone will turn down big chunk plays but they most certainly desire a short game and coach Wilkerson will tell you that straight to your face.  They block well, tackle well and special teams is clearly a huge focus.  

I think every team wants this in some capacity and HH is certainly well disciplined…I just think that the whole eating clock thing is overstated…and the box scores from previous matchups are all over the place with the last HH win being a game where GS actually won the time of possession 26min to 22min

maybe I’m overstating though too and I’m not afraid to admit that if it is the case.  the GS offense has been high scoring for a while and it can force teams to play faster if they are down a score

in my mind, playing to run out the clock is playing to not lose…and I certainly don’t think HH is a team that plays to not lose 

28 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think every team wants this in some capacity and HH is certainly well disciplined…I just think that the whole eating clock thing is overstated…and the box scores from previous matchups are all over the place with the last HH win being a game where GS actually won the time of possession 26min to 22min

maybe I’m overstating though too and I’m not afraid to admit that if it is the case.  the GS offense has been high scoring for a while and it can force teams to play faster if they are down a score

in my mind, playing to run out the clock is playing to not lose…and I certainly don’t think HH is a team that plays to not lose 

You look at it incorrectly.  It’s really this simple…it’s hard for the other team to score when they don’t have the ball.  By keeping a dynamic offense off the field you not only slowly demoralize their defense…their offense is on the sideline tightening up.  There are many ways to play a football game and I’m certainly not saying theirs is my favorite.  But it is effective and it certainly is NOT playing to not lose.  People who don’t like their style of play also probably want a shot clock in high school basketball.  

Edited by Titan32

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

You look at it incorrectly.  It’s really this simple…it’s hard for the other team to score when they don’t have the ball.  By keeping a dynamic offense off the field you not only slowly demoralize their defense…their offense is on the sideline tightening up.  There are many ways to play a football game and I’m certainly not saying theirs is my favorite.  But is is effective and it certainly is NOT playing to not lose.  People who don’t like their style of play also probably want a shot clock in high school basketball.  

….I mean…I do😂  nobody wants to see 2 minutes of monkey in the middle passing the ball around….shoot the 3/attack the rim   

as for football…I’m of the mindset of first to 40 wins…if you can do it by halftime even better.  Bend don’t break defense is good enough. Let the opposing team panic trying to comeback at a faster tempo than their offense is accustomed to and make mistakes…….as I am typing this I’m realizing I’m describing the last 10 years of the Green Bay Packers which is fitting. 

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

….I mean…I do😂  nobody wants to see 2 minutes of monkey in the middle passing the ball around….shoot the 3/attack the rim   

as for football…I’m of the mindset of first to 40 wins…if you can do it by halftime even better.  Bend don’t break defense is good enough. Let the opposing team panic trying to comeback at a faster tempo than their offense is accustomed to and make mistakes…….as I am typing this I’m realizing I’m describing the last 10 years of the Green Bay Packers which is fitting. 

That’s certainly one opinion…but not the only way to win a football game.

No shot clock…strategy should have a place.  I can see kids run up and down the court at the play ground.

@Wildcatalum0202 All of the scenarios were discussed on page 8...

Basically LB at GS or HH, GS at BC or BC at HH

On 10/31/2021 at 9:52 PM, TigerFan20 said:
Lawrenceburg [10-1] at Heritage Hills [9-2]
or Gibson Southern [10-1] at Brownstown Central [11-0]
or Lawrenceburg [10-1] at Gibson Southern [10-1]
or Brownstown Central [11-0] at Heritage Hills [9-2]

7 hours ago, Wildcatalum0202 said:

If everything follows through as expected, will lawrenceburg host the highly anticipated regional or GS?

13 hours ago, Titan32 said:

You look at it incorrectly.  It’s really this simple…it’s hard for the other team to score when they don’t have the ball.  By keeping a dynamic offense off the field you not only slowly demoralize their defense…their offense is on the sideline tightening up.  There are many ways to play a football game and I’m certainly not saying theirs is my favorite.  But it is effective and it certainly is NOT playing to not lose.  People who don’t like their style of play also probably want a shot clock in high school basketball.  

13 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It doesn't matter.  The idea of "we have to keep GS off the field" is a worthless thought.  GS scored 60 pts on Southridge in 13 minutes in the regular season.  Our DBs have to play flawlessly.  D can't get bigger, they have to get meaner.  We had 165 lb D lineman 15/20 years ago that committed homicide every play on guys that were 100 lbs bigger.  That is the attitude needed Friday.

• Like 1

This will be the 15th time these two teams have played in Coach Hart's 10 seasons at Gibson Southern.  Gibson Southern is 9-5 vs Heritage Hills during his tenure.

09-21-2012 Gibson Southern 14 - 10 Heritage Hills 

09-27-2013 Gibson Southern 50 - 26 Heritage Hills 

09-26-2014 Gibson Southern 33 - 38 Heritage Hills

11-07-2014 Gibson Southern 13 - 14 Heritage Hills

09-25-2015 Gibson Southern 42 - 13 Heritage Hills

09-23-2016 Gibson Southern 38 - 10 Heritage Hills

09-22-2017 Gibson Southern 48 - 7 Heritage Hills

09-21-2018 Gibson Southern 7 - 31 Heritage Hills

10-26-2018 Gibson Southern 24 - 14 Heritage Hills

09-27-2019 Gibson Southern 14 - 49 Heritage Hills

11-01-2019 Gibson Southern 20 - 21 Heritage Hills

09-25-2020 Gibson Southern 38 - 0 Heritage Hills