• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
football dog

Matter of principle for opponents of Dwenger coach

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Well, at least Snider addressed it 

So you’re ok with the abuse if he gets one day off? 

32 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

No, but better than zero.

23 hours ago, psaboy said:

Oh yes, those Catholics have a well oiled machine when it comes to sweeping things under the rug or burying head in sand when it comes to abuse of the young ones. I agree 100% that an attack on a child can not be handled internally. 

From the article: "served a one-day suspension given by Fort Wayne Community Schools after a player alleged he battered her in a timeout during a game on Dec. 15."

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/03/01/greg-friend-steps-down-after-two-seasons-as-snider-girls-basketball-coach/

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Abuse is the issue, not religion. So, what this guy did was OK in your book then. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Well, at least Snider addressed it 

Yet you agree 100% that an attack on a child can not be handled internally?? Your posts conflict depending on the School involved. Lysander was right.

• Upvote 1

I never agreed that the punishment by Snider was adequate, just more than what Saints did. 

On 4/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, psaboy said:

burying head in sand when it comes to abuse of the young ones. I agree 100% that an attack on a child can not be handled internally. 

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I never agreed that the punishment by Snider was adequate, just more than what Saints did. 

1 hour ago, Gonzoron said:

You obviously know more than we do, so enlighten us on what happened and why Snider's girls basketball coach deserved more than a one game suspension. All I know of the situation is that he was accused of battery. Definition of battery: the crime or tort of unconsented physical contact with another person, even where the contact is not violent but merely menacing or offensive. Maybe, just maybe the punishment fit the crime. I do know for certain that we're not talking about a coach who lifted a player off the ground, slammed her violently, and shoved her face into the ground several times.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

And just exactly what did the 'SAINTS' do as a punishment in this incident? Do you actually know? If you do know how it was handled, please state those circumstances, as you understand them, and then you can also reflect on your opinion about the two issues, and how the penalties have differed.

Posted (edited)

No matter what the punishment was following the incident, how do they possibly even consider hiring this guy to be their head coach?  Abuse a student at Dwenger and you don’t get fired, you get promoted.

Edited by HoopsCoach

My understanding of the two incidents being discussed here:

The Snider girls coach was suspended for 1 game for grabbing players arm.  He resigned after the season.  

The Bishop Dwenger coach was suspended for 1 game for tackling(some people have said he also hit) the player.  The suspension was for 2 weeks but it was preseason and only caused him to miss 1 game.  And as HoopsCoach said, was promoted.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So it’s obvious you are missing several details if that is the extent of your understanding of either situation. 

18 hours ago, psaboy said:

Jason Garrett Was suspend for two weeks.

5 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

No matter what the punishment was following the incident, how do they possibly even consider hiring this guy to be their head coach?  Abuse a student at Dwenger and you don’t get fired, you get promoted.

He was already the head coach of the baseball team. So why is this being drudged back up? Maybe coachs who got let go are just causing problems. This was 4 years ago. I love how this story is getting larger. First it was he pushed him now its he slamed his head to the ground 4 times. Next week it will say he was talking to the Russians. Its nothing but a witch hunt now. The family declined to press charges back then. End of story. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, mebuck said:

He was already the head coach of the baseball team. So why is this being drudged back up? Maybe coachs who got let go are just causing problems. This was 4 years ago. I love how this story is getting larger. First it was he pushed him now its he slamed his head to the ground 4 times. Next week it will say he was talking to the Russians. Its nothing but a witch hunt now. The family declined to press charges back then. End of story. 

Maybe you'll succeed, (though doubtful) where I haven't. I made an attempt to place some perspective on this topic of discussion, and all I received for my effort was more vitriol ranker. I'd even posted the Principal's letter to the Fort Wayne news papers; and, after some commenters had supposedly read it through, then their responsive input was less then reflective of what was stated therein. As one commenter earlier had stated, this thread had become more of 'Catholic' bashing, rather common sense dialogue. That being stated, I'm sure additional postings to this thread, which have yet to be written, will be more of the same. One last thought, and I'm almost sure, there'll be readers, who do not want to understand, this described historical incident was handled, immediately after the fact; and as it seems, to everyone involved satisfaction. To propose or suggest additional action be taken now, over three and half years later, I would believe, would seem to some, as a sort of double jeopardy.

Just now, OldSchoolFB said:

Admittedly, I don’t know much about the snider situation.  The Newspaper has limited info on it.   As far as Dwenger, there is more available publically.  I  read the articles, looked up a few facts online, and according to what’s available to the public, I commented as to my understanding of the punishment, which is:  The coach at the very least tackled the player.  The coach admitted he should have calmed down first and he shouldn’t have done what he did.  According to Dwengers statement, he was given a 2 week suspension. I looked up when the season started in 2014 and as it turns out, he missed 1 game.  Coach G, if you know more about what happened, I would love to hear it.  I would hope there is more to the story than what is available to the public. Currently, with the available public statements and articles,  the school admits the coach tackled a player and in the next sentence they say he didn’t assault the player.  Tackling someone out of anger is legally considered to be  assault. (Or in Indiana, I believe it’s technically called Battery). I am hoping there is more to the story because if there isn’t,  what kind of example is this for the players?  

Please provide all the sources. If it is a legitimate media source, it's allowed on this forum. Any other information regarding hearsay and gossip, which is what most of this entire thread is, is not allowed per rules of the forum. I'm surprised the moderators have let this continue this long without shutting the thread down.

Posted (edited)

A link to One of the media outlets is what actually started this thread.   I’m not sure why you are doubting the legitimacy of the sources.  The 2 I have used are the Journal Gazette and. News Sentinel. 

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/03/27/bishop

http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/high-schools/20180330/matter-of-principle-for-opponents-of-dwenger-coach

Edited by OldSchoolFB
Grammer
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OldSchoolFB said:

Journal Gazette and. News Sentinel. 

Links to the articles?

Links to the "facts" online?

Edited by Gonzoron

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

Links to the articles?

Links to the "facts" online?

Bishop Dwengers 2014 schedule. MaxPreps. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?schoolid=04ddb173-8db6-424e-8fa1-dc55702ff93b&ssid=7be2029b-2a43-4c19-b206-cf60f0499343

The other 2 links are attached above.  Did I do something wrong here?  I used very reputable news outlets and a leading HS web site for an old schedule. I read the articles and repeated what the admin and coaches said.  The only reason I took the steps of reading again was in response to Coach G telling me I am missing several details.  I then asked him to tell me the details if he knows something else not in the articles as I am all about the truth. 

Edited by OldSchoolFB

1 hour ago, OldSchoolFB said:

Did I do something wrong here?

Not that I can see, except being an armchair lawyer.

The link you provided for the News Sentinel article does not work. Here's one I found. http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/03/27/bishop-dwenger-high-school-defends-football-coach-jason-garrett-against-social-media-accusations-of-assault/

None of the articles posted mention that a police report was filed by anyone related to this incident. The inference by others on this thread that something has been "swept under the rug" are ludicrous. Rehashing 4 years after it occurred is ludicrous as well since it was settled at the time, apparently to everyone involved's satisfaction, including the members of the team who petitioned to have Garrett's suspension removed(per the News Sentinel article.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gonzoron said:

Not that I can see, except being an armchair lawyer.

The link you provided for the News Sentinel article does not work. Here's one I found. http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/03/27/bishop-dwenger-high-school-defends-football-coach-jason-garrett-against-social-media-accusations-of-assault/

None of the articles posted mention that a police report was filed by anyone related to this incident. The inference by others on this thread that something has been "swept under the rug" are ludicrous. Rehashing 4 years after it occurred is ludicrous as well since it was settled at the time, apparently to everyone involved's satisfaction, including the members of the team who petitioned to have Garrett's suspension removed(per the News Sentinel article.)

I never said there was a police report nor did I imply it was swept under the rug.  I stated facts as I read them. One of my “opinions” would be a police report should have been filed by the school based on what I’ve read.  It’s strange they didn’t based on what the player’s father said in the article, which was he didn’t think this guy should have been hired because of what happened.  To me, (again, my opinion) this says what happened  (the school admitted to a tackling) was bad enough to to warrant filing a report and let an outside person take a look at it.  And the father should not have been put in thr position on whether or not a report should be filed.  Finally, I don’t think most people knew this happened back then. I still don’t know what the entire story is, which was the point(you seem to be missing) I was trying to make in the post you responded (somewhat angrily) to. If you know what exactly happened more than what school said, please share it here. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, OldSchoolFB said:

you responded (somewhat angrily) to.

? Not sure why you would think this is anger, asking for sources is being angry? I would urge you to read the rules of the forum, especially the ones regarding Coach discussions. 

4 hours ago, Gonzoron said:

Please provide all the sources. If it is a legitimate media source, it's allowed on this forum. Any other information regarding hearsay and gossip, which is what most of this entire thread is, is not allowed per rules of the forum. I'm surprised the moderators have let this continue this long without shutting the thread down.

12 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

? Not sure why you would think this is anger, asking for sources is being angry? I would urge you to read the rules of the forum, especially the ones regarding Coach discussions. 

My apologies in thinking you were angry.   I will also read the rules and if I’m not supposed to discuss this kind of thing here, I will stop. 

20 hours ago, statmurp said:

Maybe you'll succeed, (though doubtful) where I haven't. I made an attempt to place some perspective on this topic of discussion, and all I received for my effort was more vitriol ranker. I'd even posted the Principal's letter to the Fort Wayne news papers; and, after some commenters had supposedly read it through, then their responsive input was less then reflective of what was stated therein. As one commenter earlier had stated, this thread had become more of 'Catholic' bashing, rather common sense dialogue. That being stated, I'm sure additional postings to this thread, which have yet to be written, will be more of the same. One last thought, and I'm almost sure, there'll be readers, who do not want to understand, this described historical incident was handled, immediately after the fact; and as it seems, to everyone involved satisfaction. To propose or suggest additional action be taken now, over three and half years later, I would believe, would seem to some, as a sort of double jeopardy.

Translation?

49 minutes ago, Night Hawk said:

Translation?

In your case, because you're requesting answers to questions you already know the what it meaning is: 'Leave them alone, and they shall come home, wagging their tails behind them'.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, statmurp said:

In your case, because you're requesting answers to questions you already know the what it meaning is: 'Leave them alone, and they shall come home, wagging their tails behind them'.

Too many commas.  Translation

2 hours ago, statmurp said:

What I said before, you already had the answer to your query, before you had asked the word translation

1 hour ago, Night Hawk said:

Too many commas.  Translation

Need I re-state my position a second time, or is it that you should invest in a course in remedial reading? I'm surmising your claim to fame is nitpicking!

• Upvote 1