• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
TCfootball70

States 5th Leading Rusher Transferring to New Pal

Clearly my beleaguered, non paying of debts Tigers fan, Coach G, is alluding to is that many around these parts want to claim P/P/Catholic schools get all the great transfers, recruiting etc, where this is one of many examples of public to public school transfers.   I believe the term is being facetious 

assuming folks read the article, classic family move, wishing young man great final years, watched him on film a few times and love his running style!!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

New Pal will be a top 7-8 team this year.. like I have said, depth seems to hit them.. they had 2 outstanding classes, but the depth has hampered them in some of the other years. 

New Pal had near zero seniors last year. I believe they had 5 or 6 on the roster. They are returning their entire team. They'll be much improved and I expect they'll make it to lucas oil, unless a DAC team takes them out at semi-state.

Well New Pal is probably the prohibitive favorite now but the 5A north but what does Zionsville bring back? Being a five team sectional New Pal could still have to play three games and with depth issues another good Zionsville team with a relatively easy semifinal could present at least a challenge in the title game especially if the Eagles play at home.

That being said I was simply playing devils advocate. Coach Ralph has shown the ability to get his teams prepared to simply embarrass teams if they can't keep up.

4 hours ago, silvertone1696 said:

Well New Pal is probably the prohibitive favorite now but the 5A north but what does Zionsville bring back? Being a five team sectional New Pal could still have to play three games and with depth issues another good Zionsville team with a relatively easy semifinal could present at least a challenge in the title game especially if the Eagles play at home.

That being said I was simply playing devils advocate. Coach Ralph has shown the ability to get his teams prepared to simply embarrass teams if they can't keep up.

Zionsville returns quite a bit.  And they have twice as many players as New Palestine.

His dad Graduated from Eastern Hancock and was a pretty good back himself. Wish he would have brought him back to his Alma Mater. New Pal probably wont lose a game this season !!

16 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

Zionsville returns quite a bit.  And they have twice as many players as New Palestine.

It was a heck of game last year, and I'm sure it will be a heck of game this year if these two meet. My bet is the winner of this sectional eventually makes to it Lucas Oil.

Will the IHSAA look into this transfer? Lol

Posted (edited)

Bit surprised he didn't transfer to a MIC school.  With those numbers, why not jump to the very top competitively?

How does he improve if he is rarely challenged?

If he rushes for 3000 yards and NP goes undefeated, does that improve his college options to any significant degree?  D1 recruiters view anything below 6A in Indiana as "small school."  Yes, there are exceptions.  But they are few

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Royal Pride said:

His dad Graduated from Eastern Hancock and was a pretty good back himself. Wish he would have brought him back to his Alma Mater. New Pal probably wont lose a game this season !!

I agree, in the Regular Season they won’t. They play as weak as a schedule as CE plays outside of CE playing Columbus North. It will be interesting to see how they play come sectional time. Zionsville will be very good. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I agree, in the Regular Season they won’t. They play as weak as a schedule as CE plays outside of CE playing Columbus North. It will be interesting to see how they play come sectional time. Zionsville will be very good. 

New Palestine has beefed up its non conference schedule. Open the year at 5A runner up Kokomo and then home vs Center Grove.  I guess you don’t know what you are taking about. Again.

Edited by CaptainHook

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Kokomo and Center Grove = weak 🤔

And so I am assuming by your saying they play a weak schedule, you are in turn insulting the entire Hoosier Heritage Conference and saying we are a weak conference.  Wow, seems like our conference had a lot of state leaders in different aspects of the game the last couple of years.

14 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Bit surprised he didn't transfer to a MIC school.  With those numbers, why not jump to the very top competitively?

If he rushes for 3000 yards and NP goes undefeated, does that improve his college options to any significant degree?  D1 recruiters view anything below 6A in Indiana as "small school."  Yes, there are exceptions.  But they are few

This is not an accurate statement.  D1 recruiters use 6A as a measuring tool.  If you are a cut above at the 6A level, that is just more affirmation to them on your ability.  However, talent is talent, and the level you play at is less important than it has ever been.  IF he rushes for 3000 yards, and does so due to the size, speed, and skill he possesses, he will receive the same type of offer that he would have received had he been playing elsewhere.  Please remember, if his skills match the level of the statistics he has put up to this point, D1 recruiters will find him.  So long as he is going to the right events and getting noticed in shorts and t-shirts.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Because high school transfers are supposed to be for non-athletic reasons?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

This is not an accurate statement.  D1 recruiters use 6A as a measuring tool.  If you are a cut above at the 6A level, that is just more affirmation to them on your ability.  However, talent is talent, and the level you play at is less important than it has ever been.  IF he rushes for 3000 yards, and does so due to the size, speed, and skill he possesses, he will receive the same type of offer that he would have received had he been playing elsewhere.  Please remember, if his skills match the level of the statistics he has put up to this point, D1 recruiters will find him.  So long as he is going to the right events and getting noticed in shorts and t-shirts.

Do recruiters find talent at the lower levels in Indiana?  Certainly.

Are there more recruiting eyeballs fixated on MIC competition during the regular season?  Absolutely.

D1 recruiters will naturally marginalize his stats due to the lower level of competition.  Its a perception the player will have to overcome.  Its human nature.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Do recruiters find talent at the lower levels in Indiana?  Certainly.

Are there more recruiting eyeballs fixated on MIC competition during the regular season?  Absolutely.

D1 recruiters will naturally marginalize his stats due to the lower level of competition.  Its a perception the player will have to overcome.  Its human nature.  

in most cases, talent finds the recruiters.  They evaluate that talent.  Level of competition comes into play, but after measurable information is looked at.   

I talk with D1 recruiters all of the time.  Your last statement is more false now than it has ever been.  At one time, 1A-3A players had a terrible time getting recognition.  Now with recruiting happening the way it does, individual statistics matter less than they ever have.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, warren05 said:

Will the IHSAA look into this transfer? Lol

Are they looking in to Roman Purcell's transfer?

56 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Are they looking in to Roman Purcell's transfer?

Sir the Lol at the end of my comment was supposed to imply I was kidding. To answer your question IDK if they are bit I would imagine they are. I have no problem with kids transferring for whatever reason they want to. 

3 minutes ago, warren05 said:

I have no problem with kids transferring for whatever reason they want to. 

I don't either as long as the IHSAA is consistent with their rulings. They aren't though.

4 hours ago, Goldenbears00 said:

And so I am assuming by your saying they play a weak schedule, you are in turn insulting the entire Hoosier Heritage Conference and saying we are a weak conference.  Wow, seems like our conference had a lot of state leaders in different aspects of the game the last couple of years.

The Hoosier Heritage Conference is composed basically of 4A size schools.  Outside of New Pal, the next highest ranked school in the conference rated 109th in the State overall and 28th in 4A.

That would be considered a bit on the weak side by most measures.

Not intended as an insult but rather a reality check.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Lysander said:

The Hoosier Heritage Conference is composed basically of 4A size schools.  Outside of New Pal, the next highest ranked school in the conference rated 109th in the State overall and 28th in 4A.

That would be considered a bit on the weak side by most measures.

Not intended as an insult but rather a reality check.  

It seems slightly skewed considering the strength of schedule of some teams that play only 3A programs that are in 4A and play in an awful sectional in 4A.  Mississinewa for example   this past year plays mostly 2A and 3A schools, but yet somehow they are ranked higher than other teams who play all 4A programs.  No offense to them because I played with Coach Funk in high school, but how does that happen and on top of that, they lost to a 2A program, granted a very good 2A program but nonetheless.  I guess I am just standing up for our conference because week in and week out, our conference is tough conference to play in .