• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning  Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller  East Central:  Justin Roden  Munster:  Leroy Marsh 

According to his Twitter profile, Justin Roden has been selected as the new HC at Noblesville. @rodenjustin

Look for Nobelsville to take the next step in the competitive 6A. What a great hire in Roden, who has taken East Central to the top of the SE heap. 

Posted (edited)

Agree. Great hire by Noblesville. On paper, probably the best offseason hire by any highschool football program in Indiana this year

Now, can he deliver?

Does Noblesville have the athetes to compete? I'm not sure we have ever seen a D1 player come out of that program

I like Roden's style. He didn't take all the credit for the EC success, acknowleding how strong the program was before he arrived, and how it will remain solid after his departure. Classy dude

I think Ben Davis has buyer's remorse today, knowing they could have gotten this guy instead of Simmons

Edited by DrivenT

Really hope to see Noblesville in some good ole double tight double wing!!!     LETS GO!!!! 

Definitely going to be an uphill climb. 16 straight losing seasons. There have been some really good coaches that have not been able to win there. Not to mention their non-conference schedule is Cathedral and Carmel. In my opinion this move does not make sense, in regards to football. Best of luck to Coach Roden.

Great coach great guy wish him luck

Hope he can turn them around and have the same success he had at EC

Interesting to see who the candidates will be to replace him for the Trojans 

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1..2....3.....

Can anyone else believe this

besides me, the one, the STC?

There is more to this than we will ever know....what coach leaves after last year, with the same team coming back, a new field, tons of kids, great facilities? So somewhere something happen. STC is not here to pass blame, but something got in the way? 

Noblesville??? Not even on the same map as EC Football. Not a knock on Noblesville.....but it is not a better job than EC. Coach Roden is right, EC was good before the got there, and they wil continue to be good. I don't know what he can say about Noblesville. Time will tell....From the Dirty Burg......Good Luck Coach!

Edited by Stink Town Clown

6A, Hamilton County, Good Pay, one horse town.

There's plenty to like about Noblesville.  

You list playing Carmel, and Cathedral as negatives, some would view that as a positive to the job.  

Congrats to Coach Roden. 

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't read too much into it Stink...

Roden made the move to a greener pa$ture that also offered more freedom to focus on football during the day (PE teacher). Can't say I blame him. 

All the best to Coach Roden and the Noblesville Millers! 

...Trojans won't skip a beat. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dark Side said:

Roden made the move to a greener pa$ture that also offered more freedom to focus on football during the day (PE teacher). Can't say I blame him. 

What did he teach at EC?

He taught Social Studies...mostly U.S. history I believe.

....as far as how many more Tiger BL's. Not sure on numbers.... but I know its enough to leave you and crew spinnin' before the main event at Connies!!!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dark Side said:

SS teacher... 2 state appearances in five years... now more time to spend on football...Your saying the millers to lucas oil in 2 years or less?

From my research it looks like the coaches pay is a pretty minimal difference.  Looks like teacher is pretty similar too.

I can see the PE thing being a nice change.

I would think having a community to support you would be a factor also, instead of being stuck East of nothing and Central to nowhere.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thedoc said:

From my research it looks like the coaches pay is a pretty minimal difference.  Looks like teacher is pretty similar too.

I can see the PE thing being a nice change.

I would think having a community to support you would be a factor also, instead of being stuck East of nothing and Central to nowhere.

The main difference is teaching pay. If Roden went and got his masters degree, he would get bump in teaching pay. Coach pay he goes from 8k to 10k . Overall he just went for the easy money.  He won't be at Noblesville very long. 

Noblesville will continue to struggle. 

EC will continue its dominance. 

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Really hope to see Noblesville in some good ole double tight double wing!!!     LETS GO!!!! 

Roden will have great size to run this and will be a shocker for the spread teams witch have soft D's. Then facing the MIC teams in the playoffs may be his best threat. But there will be no mud games up here, we all have turf. 

40 minutes ago, thedoc said:

If you want to rip on EC being in the middle of nowhere...have at it. 

but no community support???

5 minutes ago, Fringe said:

Roden will have great size to run this and will be a shocker for the spread teams witch have soft D's. Then facing the MIC teams in the playoffs may be his best threat. But there will be no mud games up here, we all have turf. 

Have to be honest I'll be really surprised to see Roden run the same offense at Noblesville that he did at EC. His first couple years they were trying to transition to the Spread or at least a Multiple look team. Problem is that EC is too entrenched in being a ground and pound team and I think he discovered really quick that it's hard to run Spread when you constantly going up against better athletes. Once they transitioned back into what EC does is when they've really hit their stride over the last three years.

Now maybe I'm wrong and he's become a believer now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Noblesville be more open in what they do.

One of the most successful coaches in America runs Single Wing after morphed from double wing out in California.   

They play the likes of De Le Salle  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dark Side said:

If you want to rip on EC being in the middle of nowhere...have at it. 

but no community support???

Didn't mean no community support meant it as a town itself to be a part of.

EC has awesome fan support especially for a school that doesn't have post office within 15 miles

Not meant as a rip in any way

Congrats to my fellow Mt St Joe Alum coach Roden! Nice to have you in the HCC best of luck this year coach! 

20 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I think Ben Davis has buyer's remorse today, knowing they could have gotten this guy instead of Simmons

Always knocking BD. Can't resist it.

26 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Always knocking BD. Can't resist it.

Easy target.   I've given up on my other favorite punching bag, Lake Central.  They just don't give a       anymore.  At least BD puts forth the effort.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thedoc said:

Didn't mean no community support meant it as a town itself to be a part of.

EC has awesome fan support especially for a school that doesn't have post office within 15 miles

Not meant as a rip in any way

Winning State Titles or a Chick-fil-A close to home?