Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ok, Need to start this topic..EATS (Sectional Final and Beyond)

It's hard to tell what stays open late anymore because many restaurants are closing early due to lack of help now and don't stay open past 10, or even 8, even on a Friday/Saturday night.  Evil Czech is a good suggestion but I believe their hours are only listed through 10 PM on the weekend.  

CJ's Pub in downtown South Bend has great burgers and is open until 3 AM but I'm not sure what time the grill closes down.  With this being a home football weekend for Notre Dame, it's likely to be fairly busy on Friday night.  The View is also a decent burger joint on the east side of the river and right across the way from all the new stuff in Howard Park.

In MIshawaka, there is Hacienda which is where many people end up after football games.  I've never been to this place before, but I have friends that like to go to The Smokestack Brew for live music on the weekends.  I believe it's open until 2 AM.  Phoenix Bar & Grill is a decent bar in downtown Mishawaka that's open late but I must confess I've only ever been there during lunch hours so I can't vouch for what it's like on the weekend.  

Up in the Toscana Park area there's a pizza place named Tony Sacco's that I think is open until midnight and Bar Louie that's open late.  

Going up further into Granger on 23, Barehands Brewery is open until midnight and is a good stop if you enjoy craft beer.  

Only other thing that comes to mind right now is Between the Buns in Osceola that's open late on the weekends.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Anyone got a suggesting on (after game) eats in the Mishawaka/Granger Area?  Not looking for early closing places....

Gonna head up that way to check a couple of games and see what the BIGGER classes have coming out of the NIC/NLC area.

Give me a couple of ideas on what type of food you're looking for, lots to choose from in Mishawaka!

Leo fans coming to Northridge tomorrow before the game, for the Amish experience at Indianas largest restaurant, you'll want to get here early and visit Das Dutchman Essenhaus.   If you can't make it before the game,  41 degrees north, Wedgewood Brewing Company, and Rullis Italian are all great options post game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Evil Czech Brewery in Mishawaka is always a good eat. La Hacienda is really good Mexican food as well. Other Northern Indiana people may be able to chime in more. 

Beer and Mexican! That’s an explosive combination.  What side, did you say you will be on? Visitor or home?

9 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Cathedral vs Decatur Central - The Irish Tailgate! I was told @temptation will be there partaking in all pre game festivities. 

Never been a white wine/caviar type of guy.  I'm more of a burger/brats individual who sprinkles in the occasional pre game keg stand.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Anyone got a suggesting on (after game) eats in the Mishawaka/Granger Area?  Not looking for early closing places....

Gonna head up that way to check a couple of games and see what the BIGGER classes have coming out of the NIC/NLC area.

I live in Wisconsin currently, but when I visit South Bend I always stop at the Chicory Cafe.  I think there is one in Mishawaka.  NOLA style food…small diner/coffee shop feel…great food

4 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Leo fans coming to Northridge tomorrow before the game, for the Amish experience at Indianas largest restaurant, you'll want to get here early and visit Das Dutchman Essenhaus.   If you can't make it before the game,  41 degrees north, Wedgewood Brewing Company, and Rullis Italian are all great options post game.

I have heard good things about Essenhaus. 

But, please don't take this the wrong way; I chuckled a bit about the Amish experience for Leo fans.........there are a LOT of hitching posts and manure covered roads around the Leo area as well. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

But, please don't take this the wrong way; I chuckled a bit about the Amish experience for Leo fans.........there are a LOT of hitching posts around the Leo area as well. 🙂

Right, I get it.  I know there's a smaller community over there, should've worded it a little differently lol. 

My main takeaway is that Essenhaus is our tourist spot where everyone goes to spend a fortune on over priced Amish looking stuff.  The food is decent but pricey, yet people still flock there.

We have some truly authentic Amish places that have amazing food and people, but not nearly as flashy.  Im sure they have those types of places over their way as well. 

2 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Beer.  

I second Evil Czech if you're looking for beer at a place you can't find everywhere else

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

But, please don't take this the wrong way; I chuckled a bit about the Amish experience for Leo fans.........there are a LOT of hitching posts and manure covered roads around the Leo area as well. 🙂

Grabill ,Harlan, Woodburn,Zulu, Hoagland, lots of hitching posts. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I should know better, I drive for the Amish in Middlebury/Shipshewana and routinely make trips to Grabill and that area 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol, there’s no place like the ‘Haus around Grabill though.  The closest thing is a convenient store in Hoagland that used to fry up good chicken gizzards!

19 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Evil Czech Brewery in Mishawaka is always a good eat. La Hacienda is really good Mexican food as well. Other Northern Indiana people may be able to chime in more. 

Northern Indiana?  Check.

Mishawaka/Granger area?  No, but I've been there.

Food Lover?  ABSOLUTELY

Being so close to Notre Dame, I'm sure many places on or near campus stay open late.  Also a friend of mine (from SB) loves the Volcano Restaurant on Linclon Way West (US 30 to mere mortals like you and me).  Other places in Mishawka I like are the Bonefish Grill, Flat Top Grill, and the Corndance Tavern.

Bon Apetit!

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Northern Indiana?  Check.

Mishawaka/Granger area?  No, but I've been there.

Food Lover?  ABSOLUTELY

Being so close to Notre Dame, I'm sure many places on or near campus stay open late.  Also a friend of mine (from SB) loves the Volcano Restaurant on Linclon Way West (US 30 to mere mortals like you and me).  Other places in Mishawka I like are the Bonefish Grill, Flat Top Grill, and the Corndance Tavern.

Bon Apetit!

I second flat top

• Like 2

11 hours ago, southend said:

Lol, there’s no place like the ‘Haus around Grabill though.  The closest thing is a convenient store in Hoagland that used to fry up good chicken gizzards!

They have a quaint ice cream parlor that serves some pretty good fish n occasionally frog legs .. the haus is one of a kind..

20 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I haven't been to Das Essenhaus in 25+ years but the last time I was there they served our meals family style(?) where they brought out big bowls of mashed potatoes, green beans, etc, and you spooned out what you wanted.  It was glorious.