• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
PHJIndy

Cathedral vs. Noblesville

This game will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium 8-17.

Cathedral has played 13 games at LSO but this is the first one since the 5A State Championship in 2014.

Posted (edited)

Uninspiring matchup.  Why does this game deserve a venue such as LOS?  Are they just trying to fill a hole in the schedule?  Here is a list of prospective Cathedral opponents that might actually draw some interest for the LOS matchup :

Homewood Flossmoor  (Illinois' finest public)

Mount Carmel (Chicago's finest PP)

IMG  (Kevin Wright returns)

Homestead  (Fort Wayne travels well)

Pickerington Central (Ohio Big School State Champ)

Colerain  (Easy drive from Cincy)

Brentwood Academy (Nashville dominating PP)

Floyd Central  (represent Southern Indiana)

Michigan City ( Region's best and fastest growing program)

Edited by DrivenT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Uninspiring matchup.  Why does this game deserve a venue such as LOS?  Are they just trying to fill a hole in the schedule?  Here is a list of prospective Cathedral opponents that might actually draw some interest for the LOS matchup :

No offense to Floyd Central but why would that game draw any interest? I actually wish Columbus East would have picked up Cathedral instead of Whiteland Week 1... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Noblesville (and only Floyd Central from your list) is a community whose tax dollars were used to help support the financing and construction of the stadium. 

Shouldn’t those taxpayers reap the benefit of a publicly funded stadium before the other teams you listed? 

Whether it’s uninspiring or not - I have no problem with that taking priority.

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

Noblesville (and only Floyd Central from your list) is a community whose tax dollars were used to help support the financing and construction of the stadium. 

Shouldn’t those taxpayers reap the benefit of a publicly funded stadium before the other teams you listed? 

Whether it’s uninspiring or not - I have no problem with that taking priority.

Absolutely not.  Intriguing matchups should be priority #1 when this facility is used for regular season games.  These events should be used to promote high school football in Indiana, and used to lure strong out of state programs to generate interest.  

Noblesville - Cathedral is a lazy, boring choice.  The turnout will be abysmal.  

BTW - Do Michigan City and Fort Wayne tax dollars count for anything in Indiana?

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

No offense to Floyd Central but why would that game draw any interest? I actually wish Columbus East would have picked up Cathedral instead of Whiteland Week 1... 

Columbus East gets plenty of exposure and has been drummed repeatedly by Cathedral.

I have a feeling the FC crowd would travel well to see this matchup, for the pure novelty of it, and for a once in a lifetime opportunity to see their school play in a world class football facility.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Absolutely not.  Intriguing matchups should be priority #1 when this facility is used for regular season games.  These events should be used to promote high school football in Indiana, and used to lure strong out of state programs to generate interest.  

Noblesville - Cathedral is a lazy, boring choice.  The turnout will be abysmal.  

BTW - Do Michigan City and Fort Wayne tax dollars count for anything in Indiana?

Columbus East gets plenty of exposure and has been drummed repeatedly by Cathedral.

I have a feeling the FC crowd would travel well to see this matchup, for the pure novelty of it, and for a once in a lifetime opportunity to see their school play in a world class football facility.  

Except for that drubbing that CE put on Cathedral last year..but...by all means... talk about games from 7-10 years ago LOL

• Upvote 4

I'm sure it would be cool for the CE people to see a rematch with Cath at LOS

I just think the FC folks might appreciate it a little more

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I'm sure it would be cool for the CE people to see a rematch with Cath at LOS

I just think the FC folks might appreciate it a little more

I agree with this 100%...but it was almost like you were trying to say CE doesn’t deserve it because they got drubbed 7-10 years ago by Cathedral...CE is at their pinnacle in the last 5 years (3 state title games, 2 state titles). I would be more incline to see an East Central vs Cathedral match-up. 

Edited by Olympian06

50 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Absolutely not.  Intriguing matchups should be priority #1 when this facility is used for regular season games.  

Sorry to break your little heart but the #1 priority for the promoter is making a profit.  Having participated in such games a few times I can speak to the details of the contract normally being the deciding factor here. 

Maybe if it was the IFCA or IHSAA putting these games on then “promoting” Indiana football could be the priority. 

In all honesty DT you could put on your own weekend of football for promotion purposes.  Lucas will rent the space to anyone that puts up the cash. It’s not a bad business if you know how to do it. 

Illinois and Ohio start their seasons a week later than Indiana; but I think someone should have known that before replying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

I agree with this 100%...but it was almost like you were trying to say CE doesn’t deserve it because they got drubbed 7-10 years ago by Cathedral...CE is at their pinnacle in the last 5 years (3 state title games, 2 state titles). I would be more incline to see an East Central vs Cathedral match-up. 

I like the 6A story over the 4A story.  Its more compelling, and I believe would be a big boost to the Floyd program.  If anyone ever eclipses CE in the HHC, I believe it will be Floyd.  They have the talent, numbers , resources, and community support to make a big move in football.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Coach_G said:

Sorry to break your little heart but the #1 priority for the promoter is making a profit.  Having participated in such games a few times I can speak to the details of the contract normally being the deciding factor here. 

Maybe if it was the IFCA or IHSAA putting these games on then “promoting” Indiana football could be the priority. 

In all honesty DT you could put on your own weekend of football for promotion purposes.  Lucas will rent the space to anyone that puts up the cash. It’s not a bad business if you know how to do it. 

When we get a "football guy" to replace Bobby Cox, we might see some promotional efforts being made on behalf of the sport.  IFCA is too regional and provincial - too tied up in their own individual regional issues to see the big picture.  It has to be the IHSAA.  Another possibility could be Kyle Niedenriep and the Indy Star.  They could pull it off. 

Hoosier High School Football Classic

Lucas Oil Stadium

Week 2

3 Games  :  11am/330PM/730PM

Possible Matchups

Ben Davis vs IMG or Columbus Pickerington Central

Homewood Flossmoor vs Center Grove

Carmel vs St Ignatius

Chicago Mount Carmel vs Cathedral

Brentwood Academy , Nashville vs Warren Central

Cincinnati Moeller vs Lawrence Central

Chicago St Rita vs Roncalli

With all due respect to the little guys, this is a big school event only.  

Edited by DrivenT

17 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

When we get a "football guy" to replace Bobby Cox, we might see some promotional efforts being made on behalf of the sport.  IFCA is too regional and provincial - too tied up in their own individual regional issues to see the big picture.  It has to be the IHSAA.  Another possibility could be Kyle Niedenriep and the Indy Star.  They could pull it off. 

Hoosier High School Football Classic

Lucas Oil Stadium

Week 2

3 Games  :  11am/330PM/730PM

Possible Matchups

Ben Davis vs IMG or Columbus Pickerington Central

Homewood Flossmoor vs Center Grove

Chicago Mount Carmel vs Cathedral

Brentwood Academy , Nashville vs Warren Central

Louisville Trinity vs Lawrence Central

Chicago St Rita vs Roncalli

With all due respect to the little guys, this is a big school event only.  

Ben Davis vs. IMG couldn't happen under current IHSAA rules. IMG is about 900 miles from Indiana.

Posted (edited)

Shoot big or go home.  If there's a will, there's a way.

Currently, there is no will.  

The IHSAA needs a Director of Marketing and Promotions.  This event would fall under his/her purview

Edited by DrivenT
  • Like 1

Sorry to upset so many fans.:03_v:

6 hours ago, PHJIndy said:

Sorry to upset so many fans.:03_v:

Believe me... we aren’t upset :). 

40 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Believe me... we aren’t upset :). 

Good discussion.

Posted (edited)

This has the start of a very enjoyable season.  

I am wallowing in all of the love.

Edited by Lysander
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Good discussion.

I thought so... ;) 

Edited by Olympian06

On 4/30/2018 at 6:00 PM, DrivenT said:

Homestead is not an option, they are tied up with 9 game SAC conference schedule. I really wish SAC would change that, allow 1 or 2 out of conference games. I think having to play all conference games hurts a few schools in SAC.  

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Why dont the ADs get together and change the conference bylaws to open at least one week for non con play?  It doesn't take an act of congress to do this    Im guessing Homestead, Snider, Luers, Carroll and Dwenger would all be for, with the others against.  

37 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Homestead is not an option, they are tied up with 9 game SAC conference schedule. I really wish SAC would change that, allow 1 or 2 out of conference games. I think having to play all conference games hurts a few schools in SAC.  

Their loss, unfortunately.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Why dont the ADs get together and change the conference bylaws to open at least one week for non con play?  It doesn't take an act of congress to do this    Im guessing Homestead, Snider, Luers, Carroll and Dwenger would all be for, with the others against.  

Their loss, unfortunately.  

You seem to be super interested in all of this.. why don’t you set that up? 

Posted (edited)

I have no skin in the game. Just a fan interested in seeing better regular season matchups

The schools however do stand to gain financially with better gate recepts should they open up their schedules and ditch the required round Robin format. The DAC did this in basketball a few years ago, dropping the double home and home round Robin and going to a 7 game conference schedule. It opened up the schedules for some nice non con matchups. Football is no different. 

Edited by DrivenT
  • Like 1

Following up on this post.  No one could have predicted it (and it was a tragic event) but the Noblesville School shooting plays into this now.  This will be the first major sports event afterwards and I am sure there will be some special remembrances.  I think emotions will be high and this game now takes on a new level of visibility because of it. Sad but true

I do know CG would not give up a home game at home to play at LOS . 

• Upvote 1