• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague  Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly  Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired 
npfb

New Rules: Open Facility Gone

Recommended Posts

The key is communication between coaches and AD's.  Obviously you will have at some schools and not others!!  As I mentioned, if the coaches respect each other it should not be an issue.  My biggest pet peeve was and is coaches who want their kids to work on their sport out of season, but will not them work on other sports in their season.  

The do not touch or look at a BB in VB season, but in BB season, you really need to go play club VB.  Could be a FB coach who will not let kids throw for baseball or shoot for basketball in their season, but want them in throwing and running routes in the others.  Those are the ones that make it difficult for others

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iubirdman said:

The key is communication between coaches and AD's.  Obviously you will have at some schools and not others!!  As I mentioned, if the coaches respect each other it should not be an issue.  My biggest pet peeve was and is coaches who want their kids to work on their sport out of season, but will not them work on other sports in their season.  

The do not touch or look at a BB in VB season, but in BB season, you really need to go play club VB.  Could be a FB coach who will not let kids throw for baseball or shoot for basketball in their season, but want them in throwing and running routes in the others.  Those are the ones that make it difficult for others

THIS!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also add to the conversation, I believe this new rule is very much a work in progress. I would not be the least bit surprised to see it revised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I would also add to the conversation, I believe this new rule is very much a work in progress. I would not be the least bit surprised to see it revised. 

I hope it is, would be nice to see each sport have the same amount of time instead of some having just over 50 hours and others having 80 or more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you know what I would find as being nice is that all other sports put together summer rules restrictions on how much they can compete against other schools and have organized practices.

I have heard of basketball teams having over 20 + competition games in 2 months.   SMH

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

you know what I would find as being nice is that all other sports put together summer rules restrictions on how much they can compete against other schools and have organized practices.

I have heard of basketball teams having over 20 + competition games in 2 months.   SMH

I put together a plan two years ago, that included 3 weeks of no contact in July. I think the biggest problem with summer rules is there's no real way to police it. We all know the issue here, but baseball and softball both play into it as well. As I've said many times, hat's off to the Football coaches for taking the lead on this.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I put together a plan two years ago, that included 3 weeks of no contact in July. I think the biggest problem with summer rules is there's no real way to police it. We all know the issue here, but baseball and softball both play into it as well. As I've said many times, hat's off to the Football coaches for taking the lead on this.

What I would like to see is 3 weeks for each season over the summer.  Start with memorial day week and the 2 weeks after for spring sport (just a continuation of their season).  Mid June to the week after Moratorium week for winter sports, and the 3 weeks leading in to the start of fall practices for the fall sports.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iubirdman said:

What I would like to see is 3 weeks for each season over the summer.  Start with memorial day week and the 2 weeks after for spring sport (just a continuation of their season).  Mid June to the week after Moratorium week for winter sports, and the 3 weeks leading in to the start of fall practices for the fall sports.  

You can't go three weeks. Most spring sports are still in their season Memorial Weekend. Baseball has their sectional that week. I agree, let the spring sports carry on, then move to winter and fall goes last.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You can't go three weeks. Most spring sports are still in their season Memorial Weekend. Baseball has their sectional that week. I agree, let the spring sports carry on, then move to winter and fall goes last.

 

Yea whatever the weeks are, pretty much split the summer into 3rds and go from there.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.