• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Olympian06

Hoosier Hills Conference 2018

Posted (edited)

Will Bedford end CE’s conference win streak this year? Or will East’s conference win streak hit 100 in a row? 

What should we expect from BNL? Floyd? NA? Jeff?

I know some coaching changes have happened, and I expect Floyd to get a great coach given it’s a good program with very nice facilities. 

Edited by Olympian06

Posted (edited)

Columbus East will win the conference. I think Jeffersonville will be 2nd place. It's a crap shoot from there. BNL should be solid. I expect NA and Floyd to be rebuilding a bit.

I have no idea who Floyd will hire but I am interested as I'm sure you guys are.

Edited by fkfootball

From what I’ve heard Floyd has some promising lineman coming up if they can keep them in the program.  That’s been the issue for several years.  They are replacing just about every skill position player so that first game against Male will be even more challenging.  Hopefully with the coaching change they change to a Bloomington school or other opponent.  I’ve seen enough of Male for awhile.  Edwards could be a really good running back but he’s also a stud at linebacker so I’m not sure how that goes.  They have one of the best kicking duos in the state though.  I would think the coaching hire would be this week and it sounds like they had some very good candidates inside and outside the program.  

1 hour ago, Colonel85 said:

From what I’ve heard Floyd has some promising lineman coming up if they can keep them in the program.  That’s been the issue for several years.  They are replacing just about every skill position player so that first game against Male will be even more challenging.  Hopefully with the coaching change they change to a Bloomington school or other opponent.  I’ve seen enough of Male for awhile.  Edwards could be a really good running back but he’s also a stud at linebacker so I’m not sure how that goes.  They have one of the best kicking duos in the state though.  I would think the coaching hire would be this week and it sounds like they had some very good candidates inside and outside the program.  

I've heard Edwards may play QB. Not sure of his passing ability, but he's a good athlete with good size. Just a good all around football player.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, fkfootball said:

Columbus East will win the conference. I think Jeffersonville will be 2nd place. It's a crap shoot from there. BNL should be solid. I expect NA and Floyd to be rebuilding a bit.

I have no idea who Floyd will hire but I am interested as I'm sure you guys are.

I would bet on BNL to beat Jeff.

33 minutes ago, npatman said:

I would bet on BNL to beat Jeff.

I wouldn't. Jeff upgraded their coaching significantly. They have a ton of talent.

I have said for years, there's not a school between Indianapolis and Louisville that produces the athletes that Jeff does. At some point they're going to a coach who will instill what it takes and when they do there won't be a school in the south that can compete with them. I guess time will tell if this is the hire that does it. 

26 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I have said for years, there's not a school between Indianapolis and Louisville that produces the athletes that Jeff does. At some point they're going to a coach who will instill what it takes and when they do there won't be a school in the south that can compete with them. I guess time will tell if this is the hire that does it. 

Yeah and that's scary.

Posted (edited)

Even if Glesing is that guy it's not going to happen over night. It will likely take him several years working from the younger kids up

to instill discipline. Hopefully the community and administration are patient with him.

Edited by npatman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, npatman said:

Even if Glesing is that guy it's not going to happen over night. It will likely take him several years working from the younger kids up

to instill discipline. Hopefully the community and administration are patient with him.

He's known for turning programs around overnight. He's done it 3 times.

Jeffersonville seemed to be making some solid progress under Lonnie Oldham, but something happened there I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing how Coach Glesing's style meshes at Jeff. 

On 5/15/2018 at 11:09 AM, fkfootball said:

He's known for turning programs around overnight. He's done it 3 times.

Yes to a degree but he is still WAY behind what CE is doing. I expect to see Jeff to turn a corner or 2, but it will take a few years to catch East.. East is going to be most vulnerable this year if any of the next few years.. NEW QB, and RB’s..

Just now, Olympian06 said:

Yes to a degree but he is still WAY behind what CE is doing. I expect to see Jeff to turn a corner or 2, but it will take a few years to catch East.. East is going to be most vulnerable this year if any of the next few years.. NEW QB, and RB’s..

He should have stayed at Floyd. A guy that coaches in the middle school program told me that he thinks Floyd Central will have the best team they have ever had in a few years.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, fkfootball said:

He should have stayed at Floyd. A guy that coaches in the middle school program told me that he thinks Floyd Central will have the best team they have ever had in a few years.

And we're off......

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

And we're off......

Look. That's not my opinion because I don't know. That's just what someone told me. Our sports editor for the New Albany Tribune said on the radio that he was told the same thing apparently.

After East I’m taking Bedford.  I don’t know a lot about them except their Quarterback is still there and I was impressed with him.  Kid seems like a gamer.  I think Fc and Jeff are tossups. It sounds like Fc may be changing their Offense to a more passing style and I think it’s a question whether Glesing gets kids to buy in his first year.  

11 minutes ago, Colonel85 said:

After East I’m taking Bedford.  I don’t know a lot about them except their Quarterback is still there and I was impressed with him.  Kid seems like a gamer.  I think Fc and Jeff are tossups. It sounds like Fc may be changing their Offense to a more passing style and I think it’s a question whether Glesing gets kids to buy in his first year.  

Who is FC going to hire?

I don’t want to put it out unless it’s for sure but I’ve heard the same name from two people.  Hoping it’s accurate.  It’s my understanding they are working the details out now.  I’m not sure how the approval process works with the school board but it seemed like a month before the Glesing to Jeff story came out.  

Checking the digest and seeing the new year's thread is one of my favorite feelings of the year. Can't wait for fall, my friends.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Colonel85 said:

I don’t want to put it out unless it’s for sure but I’ve heard the same name from two people.  Hoping it’s accurate.  It’s my understanding they are working the details out now.  I’m not sure how the approval process works with the school board but it seemed like a month before the Glesing to Jeff story came out.  

Can you answer this? Does this coach have experience as a Head Coach?

I hope FC names a coach soon. People up here are chomping at the bit to find out who it will be.

I'll take the safe money with Columbus East finishing in the top spot.

I think this will be a breakout year of sorts for Bedford North Lawrence. My connection in Oolitic tells me this has been one of the better off-seasons BNL has had for a while. If they can carry that momentum through the Summer, look for the Stars to be battling for the second spot.

Jeffersonville got themselves a winner with Glesing. If the kids buy in, and he has a way of getting them to buy in, Jeff will be just fine. 

Floyd Central is in a bit of a rebuild this season, but the future looks bright. There is quite a talented running back coming through. I also keep hearing there might be a bit of a style change coming offensively. Stay tuned.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chuck Shartz said:

I'll take the safe money with Columbus East finishing in the top spot.

I think this will be a breakout year of sorts for Bedford North Lawrence. My connection in Oolitic tells me this has been one of the better off-seasons BNL has had for a while. If they can carry that momentum through the Summer, look for the Stars to be battling for the second spot.

Jeffersonville got themselves a winner with Glesing. If the kids buy in, and he has a way of getting them to buy in, Jeff will be just fine. 

Floyd Central is in a bit of a rebuild this season, but the future looks bright. There is quite a talented running back coming through. I also keep hearing there might be a bit of a style change coming offensively. Stay tuned.

Is this new HC at Floyd an in-state guy or out of state guy? Their Freshman RB is very good. I'd like to see them use their WR Jon Gunn a lot more. Check out his highlights from last year. He won the HHC and Sectional in the 100m and 200m. Dude is quick as heck.

Edited by fkfootball

So apparently the Floyd Central kids will just do their own thing for the summer and the new coach will show up for the first game?

Can't believe there's no news on this yet.

2 hours ago, npatman said:

So apparently the Floyd Central kids will just do their own thing for the summer and the new coach will show up for the first game?

Can't believe there's no news on this yet.

They hired one of their assistants. I won't say the name on here yet. Without sounding negative, with the struggle that FC, NA, and Jeff has had hiring coaches, the dominance of Columbus East has to be a factor. Good MSC area coaches aren't interested in playing for 2nd place.