• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Don’t feed the trolls. 

Touche

15 hours ago, fkfootball said:

The Biggest problem with JC and Madison is that they aren't growing.

The BIG 3 down here are growing in population like a weed. Especially Jeff and FC.

Columbus and Seymour are on 65. That's going to continue to feed their growth. BNL is on 37, and with I-69 now running south of Bloomington, it will aid their growth.

Imagine how quickly Jeff would grow if Rock Creek didn't poach its students.

18 hours ago, Colonel85 said:

Floyd scrimmages Charlestown.  Heard Jeff may have gotten a RB transfer from Columbus North.

Technically, the RB has always been a Jeffersonville kid. He went to CN, then CE and then back to CN. All while still living in Jeffersonville. His family drove to Columbus everyday. Never cracked the depth chart at either school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Raider98 said:

Technically, the RB has always been a Jeffersonville kid. He went to CN, then CE and then back to CN. All while still living in Jeffersonville. His family drove to Columbus everyday. Never cracked the depth chart at either school.

Speaks a lot about the family's view of Jeffersonville schools.

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I'd get into it, but I dont want to offend anyone.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2018 at 10:37 PM, DanteEstonia said:

Makes you wonder why that series is still being played.

I believe that  if someone can check - Jeff has forfeited 2x's to Madison ! 

Edited by brokendowncoach
I want to delete the quote ?

2 hours ago, brokendowncoach said:

I believe that  if someone can check - Jeff has forfeited 2x's to Madison ! 

Here's what I have found. Only shows one forfeiture. 

image.png.9832d63328cee16c4f85a34f0c6a6474.png

16 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I'm thinking it says a lot more about his family than about the schools in Jeff. So they move him from Jeff to CN, over to CE, back to CN, and now he's back at Jeff? Sounds like his family/decision makers are a much bigger problem for this young man than Jeffersonville H.S.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well we've hit scrimmage week. Before we kick this season off a week from Friday, what's everyone's predictions for the new season? I'm going with the following:

1. Columbus East
2. BNL
3. New Albany
4. Jeffersonville
5. Floyd Central
6. Seymour
7. Jennings County
8. Madison

I think 3-5 could be any combination of those three but I'll go with this order.

I’ll go with the top 3 as : 

1. Columbus East

2. BNL

3. New Albany 

6 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Well we've hit scrimmage week. Before we kick this season off a week from Friday, what's everyone's predictions for the new season? I'm going with the following:

1. Columbus East
2. BNL
3. New Albany
4. Jeffersonville
5. Floyd Central
6. Seymour
7. Jennings County
8. Madison

I think 3-5 could be any combination of those three but I'll go with this order.

Jeffersonville wont be any good this year. Glesing is good but I've heard he had to run some kids off. Floyd and NA will fight for 3rd. I like Floyd to take that spot.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

Jeffersonville wont be any good this year. Glesing is good but I've heard he had to run some kids off. Floyd and NA will fight for 3rd. I like Floyd to take that spot.

I was waiting for you to tell me I was wrong. Lol. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if all three teams finished in third with 4-3 records but it's not fun having ties in rankings. 

With Floyd Central, my thinking is that a new coach, a new system and a loss of many great players drops them back a little bit. Jeffersonville has great talent but a new coach. However, like you said before, Glesing is probably the second best coach in the conference and I feel like he can get what talent he has into the upper tier of the HHC. With New Albany, they have some great skill players and didn't change coaches. I think the familiarity gets them to third place.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

Like the last many years it’s Columbus East first and everyone else.  

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I was waiting for you to tell me I was wrong. Lol. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if all three teams finished in third with 4-3 records but it's not fun having ties in rankings. 

With Floyd Central, my thinking is that a new coach, a new system and a loss of many great players drops them back a little bit. Jeffersonville has great talent but a new coach. However, like you said before, Glesing is probably the second best coach in the conference and I feel like he can get what talent he has into the upper tier of the HHC. With New Albany, they have some great skill players and didn't change coaches. I think the familiarity gets them to third place.

You might be right. TBH, I have no clue how good FC will be. I know they have a lot of talent. Maybe more than BNL. But a coaching change, and a lot of new starters may cause growing pains. I like East at 1 and BNL at 2. But it's a crap shoot after that. NA has some players but they are known for underachieving.

2018 Highlanders.

Key Players. 

#2 Trace Willman. QB

#24 Tyler Edwards. RB/MLB

#3 Jon Gunn. WR/S

#21 Wenkers Wright. RB

#75 Dorian Hendrix. OT

#29 Myles Frazier. WR/CB

#31 Cole Hussung. K/P (All State.)

FB_IMG_1533524041680.jpg

Edited by fkfootball

10 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

You might be right. TBH, I have no clue how good FC will be. I know they have a lot of talent. Maybe more than BNL. But a coaching change, and a lot of new starters may cause growing pains. I like East at 1 and BNL at 2. But it's a crap shoot after that. NA has some players but they are known for underachieving.

2018 Highlanders.

FB_IMG_1533524041680.jpg

What's your opinion of this shade of green they're using? Do you like it or do you prefer the old, darker green?

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

What's your opinion of this shade of green they're using? Do you like it or do you prefer the old, darker green?

It's not bad. I feel that they could've went the Notre Dame route years ago since their colors are Green and Gold. ND has an Irish mascot. FC has a Scottish mascot. I like the Uniforms. They'll do.

9 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Darker green.

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2018 at 11:22 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

I love the shade of green but it is because these uniforms look exactly like my high schools uniforms in Arkansas where I am from. Greene County Tech.  You look sharp in my book!

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

1. Columbus East
2. BNL
3. New Albany
4. Jeffersonville
5. Floyd Central
6. Seymour
7. Jennings County
8. Madison

I agree with this, however the only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't appear in anyway that East could overlook BNL, at least not from those of you who post on this forum.  I think the Stars could slip up and defeat them at home if East took them for granted.  So let everyone know in the program there that BNL has no chance :-)  BNL plays at both Jeffersonville and New Albany, but has Seymour, FC and East at home.  Also at Madison.  I do like that they are playing Terre Haute South again this year as well as Martinsville and Bloomington North.  It is a much better schedule for them and should prepare them much better to play East than the schedule they have had the past few years.

BNL isn't deep so injuries could set them back, but they are a very good team and they believe they can beat anyone...including East.  Weber has done a great job and this year the combined Middle School Program is obviously a step in the right directions.  

Good Luck to everyone this season, I'd love to meet some of you guys at the games this season and put a face with the name of those who post here.

It always seems to be respectful banter that takes place in the HHC thread and I appreciate that.  When it comes to high school sports I don't root against any team or kid, I want them all to be successful I just want our team to out execute the other team and win in the end.  I hope all have great seasons.

Edited by Starbacker
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Starbacker said:

I agree with this, however the only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't appear in anyway that East could overlook BNL, at least not from those of you who post on this forum.  I think the Stars could slip up and defeat them at home if East took them for granted.  So let everyone know in the program there that BNL has no chance :-)  BNL plays at both Jeffersonville and New Albany, but has Seymour, FC and East at home.  Also at Madison.  I do like that they are playing Terre Haute South again this year as well as Martinsville and Bloomington North.  It is a much better schedule for them and should prepare them much better to play East than the schedule they have had the past few years.

BNL isn't deep so injuries could set them back, but they are a very good team and they believe they can beat anyone...including East.  Weber has done a great job and this year the combined Middle School Program is obviously a step in the right directions.  

Good Luck to everyone this season, I'd love to meet some of you guys at the games this season and put a face with the name of those who post here.

It always seems to be respectful banter that takes place in the HHC thread and I appreciate that.  When it comes to high school sports I don't root against any team or kid, I want them all to be successful I just want our team to out execute the other team and win in the end.  I hope all have great seasons.

Good luck. Itll be interesting to see how it shapes out. I'm ready to get it tee'd up.

Here we go again.  I’m not an East fan, far from it, but the Stars won’t sneak up on East.  I’ll take East and give the Stars three touchdowns and I’ll take your lunch money.   No one in that conference is any closer to East than they’ve been for the last 15 years.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Butter Bean said:

Here we go again.  I’m not an East fan, far from it, but the Stars won’t sneak up on East.  I’ll take East and give the Stars three touchdowns and I’ll take your lunch money.   No one in that conference is any closer to East than they’ve been for the last 15 years.  

Notice I said East won't over look BNL, but a team doesn't have to be better than East to beat them.  They have to play a perfect game while East comes in thinking they've won it before the opening kickoff.  From last years regular season finale the fans on this thread from East seem to have seen the same game that I did last year, granted the Sectional Matchup was over before the opening kickoff it wasn't even remotely close but I think that had a lot to do with East realizing that BNL was capable of competing and the weather was absolutely horrid that night.  However, no one else was even close to East from the Sectionals through the State Championship game last year, including Cathedral.  

BNL is very good at least at the skills position and may indeed have the best QB in the HHC.  Again they aren't deep and an injury or two can offset things and the OL and DL has to have improved from last year, we will see how hard they've been working in the weight room as the season goes on.

Again East is in a class by itself in the HHC, and for that matter that they are ranked #3 behind New Palestine and Cathedral is laughable to me.

But make no mistake BNL is closer to East than they have been since the Szabo days.

Edited by Starbacker

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

This. Untill a team can stay within 10 pts of East, their is no reason to entertain it. We had a really good team at Floyd Central last year and still lost to East by quite a bit. I'll say this, we definitely would've beaten them at home in 2010 if Kyle Bramble doesnt sprain his ankle. It was a shootout and he was gashing them before he got hurt.

Edited by fkfootball

6 hours ago, Starbacker said:

I’ll be the good looking guy in the white hat. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1